Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sanu= virtually no chance he will resign with the Bengals
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/cincinnati-bengals-moham-sanu-will-not-resign-021816

Sanus agent, and the Cincinnati Bengals have not even spoke about signing a contract.

Does this make Marvin Jones a must sign? If they both leave, are we in trouble?
Reply/Quote
Good luck Mo!

Luckily we still have Eifert and Green but yeah, we will need to get some bodies in here for sure.

High priority

Reply/Quote
Does this mean we need a 3rd QB?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not really a big loss here.

Sanu's last 20 games (postseason included): 56 / 604 / 1

This is probably why the Bengals haven't tried to talk to him about an extension. The guy is averaging roughly 3/30/0 a game for the last 20 games. That is the very definition of replaceable. Even if they kept Jones, they needed to get a WR in the draft. If they lose Jones, they just need to get a second one from the draft or FA.

AJ, Gio, and Eifert will still be there.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Replacing sanu's receiving abilities really won't be hard at all. We may miss his gadget plays, but it's not a momumental loss.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 12:29 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not really a big loss here.

Sanu's last 20 games (postseason included): 56 / 604 / 1

This is probably why the Bengals haven't tried to talk to him about an extension. The guy is averaging roughly 3/30/0 a game for the last 20 games. That is the very definition of replaceable. Even if they kept Jones, they needed to get a WR in the draft. If they lose Jones, they just need to get a second one from the draft or FA.

AJ, Gio, and Eifert will still be there.

So in other words, 1 down-the-field threat at WR? Sounds like trouble to me.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 12:55 AM)Gohards Wrote: So in other words, 1 down-the-field threat at WR? Sounds like trouble to me.

When has Sanu ever proven to be down the field threat?  I mean, I love the guy, for all of the gadget stuff he is good at.  However, he has also been shown to be unreliable at catching the ball..  Something that is quite important of the WR position.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2016, 11:28 PM)Gohards Wrote: http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/cincinnati-bengals-moham-sanu-will-not-resign-021816

Sanus agent, and the Cincinnati Bengals have not even spoke about signing a contract.

Does this make Marvin Jones a must sign? If they both leave, are we in trouble?

To me, this means we're going to push to resign Marvin Jones.

Reply/Quote
I think he is better than what his numbers would indicate. It's tough to get numbers when there are so many other weapons around you.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 01:10 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: When has Sanu ever proven to be down the field threat?  I mean, I love the guy, for all of the gadget stuff he is good at.  However, he has also been shown to be unreliable at catching the ball..  Something that is quite important of the WR position.

Aj, jones, and sanu are our only somewhat deep threats we have. Eifert can go deep sometimes but TEs probably arent catching the ball at 20+ yards.

Losing jones and sanu will lose the deep ball
Reply/Quote
Rex Burkead could do what Sanu does. Maybe not throw as good. But that is ok
Reply/Quote
Ugh, why do I have the fear Denarius Moore is going to make the squad by default this year?
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 12:55 AM)Gohards Wrote: So in other words, 1 down-the-field threat at WR? Sounds like trouble to me.

(02-19-2016, 01:10 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: When has Sanu ever proven to be down the field threat?  I mean, I love the guy, for all of the gadget stuff he is good at.  However, he has also been shown to be unreliable at catching the ball..  Something that is quite important of the WR position.

Exactly, Sunset. Sanu isn't a deep threat and doesn't even have good hands.

Also Gohards, you apparently completely ignored the rest of my post. AJ, Eifert, and Gio are just the start. I already said they needed to get 1 WR in the draft even if they kept Jones. If they lose Jones too, just add a second WR in FA or the Draft. One of those two newly acquired guys can be your other deep threat.

Besides, all of that aside, it isn't like Marvin Jones is even that good of a deep threat. The longest catch in his career happened in 2015, which was a 47 yards (non-TD). 47 yards puts him tied for 108th for player's longest reception in 2015. His 12.9 yards per catch isn't exactly mindblowing.

His numerical speed simply hasn't translated into breakaway long TDs on the field. Is he an okay #2? Sure. He's not the lynchpin of the offense or anything, though. He's the fourth most important pass catcher on the offense.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 01:43 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Exactly, Sunset. Sanu isn't a deep threat and doesn't even have good hands.

Also Gohards, you apparently completely ignored the rest of my post. AJ, Eifert, and Gio are just the start. I already said they needed to get 1 WR in the draft even if they kept Jones. If they lose Jones too, just add a second WR in FA or the Draft. One of those two newly acquired guys can be your other deep threat.

Besides, all of that aside, it isn't like Marvin Jones is even that good of a deep threat. The longest catch in his career happened in 2015, which was a 47 yards (non-TD). 47 yards puts him tied for 108th for player's longest reception in 2015. His 12.9 yards per catch isn't exactly mindblowing.

His numerical speed simply hasn't translated into breakaway long TDs on the field. Is he an okay #2? Sure. He's not the lynchpin of the offense or anything, though. He's the fourth most important pass catcher on the offense.

I just keep having nightmares of brandon tate as our #2 wr. I dont know what i would do
Reply/Quote
Well the coaching staff loves Wright and Alford, so time to see if those guys can play and what we get in the draft (maybe another former QB that can do what Mo does).
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 02:47 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Well the coaching staff loves Wright and Alford, so time to see if those guys can play and what we get in the draft (maybe another former QB that can do what Mo does).

Wright had micro fracture surgery. Im not going to do the research. But im betting successful NFL WR careers dont usually follow.

Alford was a 7th round pick. If every fast 7th round pick WR was a good NFL WR well why draft the AJs Julios Dezs and Beckhams of the world? 
Reply/Quote
Maybe he'll land in Washington. Gruden seemed to know how to use Sanu best.

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 03:23 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Wright had micro fracture surgery. Im not going to do the research. But im betting successful NFL WR careers dont usually follow.

Alford was a 7th round pick. If every fast 7th round pick WR was a good NFL WR well why draft the AJs Julios Dezs and Beckhams of the world? 

Micro fracture surgery isn't the career killer it used to be. Burfict just came back better than ever and Kelce in KC is doing just fine after his a couple years ago.

As to fast 7th rounders, nobody is asking somebody to come in and be a Julio Jones, we already have Green for that. We just need compliment guys to Green and Eifert. 
Reply/Quote
Sanu is a good contributor, but no downfield threat. I assume we're going to make a major effort to retain Marvin Jones. If we would lose both of them, or even just Jones, then WR becomes our No.1 priority in the draft.
Reply/Quote
Probably going to draft Miller at #1.

Reply/Quote