Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schedule Drop 5/11- When Dey think they gonna play these bengals?
Although I’d prefer to get the bills and chiefs early, I doubt the nfl isn’t going to try and capitalize on a huge match, like last year, towards the end of the season.

I’m also going to predict time slot potential.

Id put a lot of money that bills, chiefs are prime time. That means that there are 3 remaining slots for the bengals (5 total prime time). There are up to 10 more games where I could see the schedule makers be interested in a prime time spot: our six divisional games, Seattle, Vikings, jags and 9ers. I think the bengals play overseas this year and my hunch would lean towards the jags. This would semi give the league another prime time game without utilizing the prime time slot.

2023 Season
HOME
Baltimore Ravens (1 or prime time)
Cleveland Browns (1 or prime time)
Pittsburgh Steelers (1 or prime time)
Houston Texans (1)
Indianapolis Colts (1)
Los Angeles Rams (1)
Seattle Seahawks (1, 4 or prime time)
Minnesota Vikings (1, 4 or prime time)
Buffalo Bills (prime time)

AWAY
Arizona Cardinals (4)
Jacksonville Jaguars (1 or prime time) (England?).
San Francisco 49ers (4 or prime time)
Tennessee Titans (1 or 4) (England?)
Kansas City Chiefs (prime time)

None of this matters much, but figured we are a 4 days away, what you think!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I’m going to my first game in The Jungle this year. I’m trying to get one in September or October. Hopefully I can get a division game. I’ll take what I can get. The only other Bengals game I’ve been to was in 1985 when the St. Louis Cardinals beat up the Bengals in Busch Stadium.
Reply/Quote
I think the Bills game will be on Monday night again as a make up for last season

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I can definitely see the Bengals at Jags game being in London. Bengals haven't been to London since 2019 and it would be a matchup against AFC Division Champs.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2023, 10:48 AM)Synric Wrote: I can definitely see the Bengals at Jags game being in London. Bengals haven't been to London since 2019 and it would be a matchup against AFC Division Champs.

That would be kind of a garbage move by the league to screw a fanbase out of a potential home game vs another conference division winner.  
Reply/Quote
I feel like we're opening on the road and in prime time. Thursday in Arrowhead would be no shock.
Reply/Quote
Cincy will get a sunday night vs Pittsburgh and a 1pm nationally televised game with Romo on the call

Unfortunately

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2023, 11:02 AM)samhain Wrote: That would be kind of a garbage move by the league to screw a fanbase out of a potential home game vs another conference division winner.  

I think it will either be the Bengals or Chiefs vs the Jaguars in London. Those are the match ups they would use to generate more international interest. I would say they keep the Chiefs game in Duval and have the Bengals game in London. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2023, 11:02 AM)samhain Wrote: That would be kind of a garbage move by the league to screw a fanbase out of a potential home game vs another conference division winner.  

It would potentially be the biggest storyline international match in NFL history. The time to capitalize on international interest now. I’m not sure the league will care about the Jacksonville when it comes to international expansion.
Reply/Quote
Chiefs vs Bengals as the opening game I bet.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2023, 12:12 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Chiefs vs Bengals as the opening game I bet.

I'm betting opening night Thursday is Philly vs KC.  They will save our game until the last quarter of the season.

The Reds are home opening weekend.  So unless we play on Thursday which isn't happening as a home game or on Monday we will open on the road

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2023, 01:09 PM)pally Wrote: I'm betting opening night Thursday is Philly vs KC.  They will save our game until the last quarter of the season.

The Reds are home opening weekend.  So unless we play on Thursday which isn't happening as a home game or on Monday we will open on the road

Home opener SNf is a very strong possibility
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2023, 11:13 AM)Synric Wrote: I think it will either be the Bengals or Chiefs vs the Jaguars in London. Those are the match ups they would use to generate more international interest. I would say they keep the Chiefs game in Duval and have the Bengals game in London. 

Being that they are both away games, I don't care about what it means for us this year.  Even so, it's a shit precedent to set for fans that actually pay for season tickets.  You're going to not only lose a home game, but marquee one.  The team you support will cross an ocean and basically play on a neutral field, thus negating home field.  

It's every bit as big of a joke as neutral-site conference title games.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2023, 01:46 PM)samhain Wrote: Being that they are both away games, I don't care about what it means for us this year.  Even so, it's a shit precedent to set for fans that actually pay for season tickets.  You're going to not only lose a home game, but marquee one.  The team you support will cross an ocean and basically play on a neutral field, thus negating home field.  

It's every bit as big of a joke as neutral-site conference title games.

Well, they've only got themselves to blame. Jags originally made the deal to play in London because they had trouble selling tickets. 

I personally think with the 17 game schedule, each team should play 8 home, 8 away, 1 neutral
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2023, 09:29 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Although I’d prefer to get the bills and chiefs early, I doubt the nfl isn’t going to try and capitalize on a huge match, like last year, towards the end of the season.

I’m also going to predict time slot potential.

Id put a lot of money that bills, chiefs are prime time. That means that there are 3 remaining slots for the bengals (5 total prime time). There are up to 10 more games where I could see the schedule makers be interested in a prime time spot: our six divisional games, Seattle, Vikings, jags and 9ers. I think the bengals play overseas this year and my hunch would lean towards the jags. This would semi give the league another prime time game without utilizing the prime time slot.

2023 Season
HOME
Houston Texans (1)
Indianapolis Colts (1)
Los Angeles Rams (1)
Seattle Seahawks (1, 4 or prime time)
Minnesota Vikings (1, 4 or prime time)
Buffalo Bills (prime time)

AWAY
Arizona Cardinals (4)
Jacksonville Jaguars (1 or prime time) (England?).
San Francisco 49ers (4 or prime time)
Tennessee Titans (1 or 4) (England?)
Kansas City Chiefs (prime time)

None of this matters much, but figured we are a 4 days away, what you think!

I see 12-5 season. But… if the OL plays better 14-3
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I've been waiting until the schedule announcement to see how many games will be primetime before I decide to buy the new Sunday Ticket or not.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
NFL Kickoff Thursday...
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnCJZrM7UoFau0Ann3o1y...g&usqp=CAU]

[Image: 61700531.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2023, 08:39 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I've been waiting until the schedule announcement to see how many games will be primetime before I decide to buy the new Sunday Ticket or not.

I read somewhere it’s almost assured to be five (5), maybe six(6).
Reply/Quote
The players want to open at KC.

One thing I didn't know until today...the new TV contracts removed the clause where the visiting team's conference determines the network. So AFC only games may not be on CBS and NFC on Fox. This opens up a lot of possibilities for more 4pm national games

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2023, 10:36 AM)pally Wrote: I think the Bills game will be on Monday night again as a make up for last season

I actually think they avoid that like the plague after what happened last year.

Has all the makings of the 4:15 game.
Reply/Quote