Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouting the 2018 NFL Combine
(03-01-2018, 06:57 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: Orlando Brown 14 reps. Yikes.

This year has to be the worst bench press reps I've seen from the offensive line ever.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/tracker#day=friday

Jamarco Jones with 10 reps. Tyrell Crosby with 17. McGlinchey Kolton Miller and Rankins with 24.

The biggest surprise is Isiah Wynn with 8 reps...8.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2018, 07:29 PM)Synric Wrote: This year has to be the worst bench press reps I've seen from the offensive line ever.

Jamarco Jones with 10 reps. Tyrell Crosby with 17. McGlinchey Kolton Miller and Rankins with 24.

Jones won't bench press. The numbers your seeing idk why. It also says saquon did 10 but he did 29.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2018, 04:50 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: Billy Price injured doing the bench press. Not good.

disappointing i hope its nothing serious

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
MY DUDE BIG WILL WITH 37 REPS!! Also dropped 14 lbs since senior bowl, which he needed to do.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2018, 07:34 PM)Okeana Wrote: disappointing i hope its nothing serious
He's a day 2 player now. Good for us bad for him.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2018, 07:33 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Jones won't bench press. The numbers your seeing idk why. It also says saquon did 10 but he did 29.

I added the link it's NFL.com draft tracker.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2018, 07:29 PM)Synric Wrote: This year has to be the worst bench press reps I've seen from the offensive line ever.

didn't he just have surgery on his shoulder after the senior bowl ?  wynn that is

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2018, 07:34 PM)Jpoore Wrote: MY DUDE BIG WILL WITH 37 REPS!! Also dropped 14 lbs since senior bowl, which he needed to do.

lmao we knew he was gonna lift well

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2018, 07:35 PM)Okeana Wrote: didn't he just have surgery on his shoulder after the senior bowl ?  wynn that is

I believe you're right I forgot about that.

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2018, 11:12 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Lamar Jackson measured in at 6'3", 216 lbs, 9.5" hands.
Andy Dalton's Combine measurements were 6'3", 215 lbs, 9.5" hands.
So I don't consider Jackson to be "too frail" to handle QB duties in the NFL.

Thats silly Lamar is a running QB Vs Dalton as a Pocket QB.  Not saying that Lamar can't be good but come on now you are smarter than to compare the two.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2018, 07:35 PM)Synric Wrote: I added the link it's NFL.com draft tracker.
Ohio State left tackle Jamarco Jones opted not to participate in the bench press today. Plans to bench press at Ohio State's March 22 pro day instead. #NFLCombine
(03-01-2018, 07:35 PM)Okeana Wrote: didn't he just have surgery on his shoulder after the senior bowl ?  wynn that is

Yes he did 
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2018, 07:51 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Ohio State left tackle Jamarco Jones opted not to participate in the bench press today. Plans to bench press at Ohio State's March 22 pro day instead. #NFLCombine

This isn't a link to anything. 

Here's a second source with the exact same numbers including Jamarco Jones with 10 reps.

https://texanswire.usatoday.com/2018/03/01/offensive-tackles-fail-to-impress-in-bench-press-at-combine/

So that's NFL.Com and USA Today saying he did bench and got 10 reps.

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2018, 07:34 PM)Jpoore Wrote: MY DUDE BIG WILL WITH 37 REPS!! Also dropped 14 lbs since senior bowl, which he needed to do.

Your big dude has 32" arms. By comparison Bodine has longer arms and benched 42 reps. 

Of course it is much, much better than the 8 that Wynn put up 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I did listen to quite a bit of Sirius NFL today and they had some interviews. They interviewed Nelson and McGlinchey. I came away impressed by McGlinchey but not by Nelson. The olineman interview was the interior olineman out of UCLA (Quisinberry). The best interview I heard was the RB Barkley
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2018, 07:42 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Thats silly Lamar is a running QB Vs Dalton as a Pocket QB.  Not saying that Lamar can't be good but come on now you are smarter than to compare the two.

I’m not comparing their play style nor did I state anything of the sort. You decided to interpret that way. My point was Lamar Jackson is not “too frail” to play QB in the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2018, 07:54 PM)Synric Wrote: This isn't a link to anything. 

Here's a second source with the exact same numbers including Jamarco Jones with 10 reps.

https://texanswire.usatoday.com/2018/03/01/offensive-tackles-fail-to-impress-in-bench-press-at-combine/

So that's NFL.Com and USA Today saying he did bench and got 10 reps.
The link that was provided has a dash at jamarco Jones bc he didn't participate.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2018, 07:38 PM)Synric Wrote: I believe you're right I forgot about that.

Yea you gotta give Wynn some tough guy points for even attempting just four weeks since his surgery on the torn labrum. I too forgot he had surgery. Expect him to do much better at his Pro Day.

Williams and Brown definitely drop some. McGlinchey gotta be Top OT prospect now. But if Nelson happens to be at 12, I think Bengals definitely pounce given the praise Tobin gave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2018, 08:06 PM)Jpoore Wrote: The link that was provided has a dash at jamarco Jones bc he didn't participate.

Stop just stop. I posted two links one from the NFL.Com draft tracker and USA Today. Both said Jamarco Jones had 10 reps. 

Show me a source that says he didnt participate other than you saying it and putting in a #.

Reply/Quote

Big fan of Isaiah Wynn in draft and he did have a surgery to repair torn labrum in left shoulder.

But would have thought he would sit the bench press out until pro day if it was still a problem ?

Maybe he falls and we steal him later. They said he neutralized all pass rushers in Senior Bowl practices and did well against SEC opponents too.  

Yet 8 reps is rough for sure. Although Bodine proves reps are not everything. But still a red flag. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2018, 08:15 PM)Synric Wrote: Stop just stop. I posted two links one from the NFL.Com draft tracker and USA Today. Both said Jamarco Jones had 10 reps. 

Show me a source that says he didnt participate other than you saying it and putting in a #.

https://twitter.com/Dan_Hope/status/969332559674068994?ref_src=twcamp%5Ecopy%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Ecopy%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E3

And if u don't search j Jones but go to  offensive tackle bench press in the combine tracker and scroll through to jamarco Jones, it's a dash. If u search Jones it says 10. Jones was planning on participating but once price got hurt he pulled out.
Reply/Quote