Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouting the 2018 NFL Combine
(03-01-2018, 08:20 PM)Jpoore Wrote: https://twitter.com/Dan_Hope/status/969332559674068994?ref_src=twcamp%5Ecopy%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Ecopy%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E3

And if u don't search j Jones but go to  offensive tackle bench press in the combine tracker and scroll through to jamarco Jones, it's a dash. If u search Jones it says 10. Jones was planning on participating but once price got hurt he pulled out.

So NFL.com just said he had 10 reps for the hell of it as did USA Today?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2018, 08:15 PM)Synric Wrote: Stop just stop. I posted two links one from the NFL.Com draft tracker and USA Today. Both said Jamarco Jones had 10 reps. 

Show me a source that says he didnt participate other than you saying it and putting in a #.

https://twitter.com/marcushartman/status/969324242050469888?ref_src=twcamp%5Ecopy%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Ecopy%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E3
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2018, 08:24 PM)Synric Wrote: So NFL.com just said he had 10 reps for the hell of it as did USA Today?

NFL.com has 10 reps for saquon before he benched. Maybe it's a estimate?? Idk. But go on Twitter there's hundreds of posts about him not benching. USA today probably got the info from NFL.com
Reply/Quote
Caught tail end of comment on Sirius...thought I heard that Billy Price tore a pectoral muscle...anyone have confirmation?
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2018, 08:18 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Big fan of Isaiah Wynn in draft and he did have a surgery to repair torn labrum in left shoulder.

But would have thought he would sit the bench press out until pro day if it was still a problem ?

Maybe he falls and we steal him later. They said he neutralized all pass rushers in Senior Bowl practices and did well against SEC opponents too.  

Yet 8 reps is rough for sure. Although Bodine proves reps are not everything. But still a red flag. 

bodine can bench press a mule all day long, but the fact is wynn is legit and you see it on tape.  he doesn't struggle against bigger stronger defenders because his technique is near flawless.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Walter has Jones listed as DNP. Same with Wynn.

http://walterfootball.com/combine2018OL.php
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2018, 08:46 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Walter has Jones listed as DNP.

http://walterfootball.com/combine2018OL.php

Yep I apologize they are coming up now but there's also ones that said he did...

Maybe he said he wouldn't then did anyway?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
NFL Network said the fewest reps for an olineman was 14 by Zeus Jr.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
All access was doing a piece this evening about where would be the ideal landing spot for the top QBs. Terrell Davis said Mayfield would be perfect to learn behind Andy a year or 2 before taking over. If he lasts to our 2nd rounder I could see it happening.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2018, 08:45 PM)Okeana Wrote: bodine can bench press a mule all day long, but the fact is wynn is legit and you see it on tape.  he doesn't struggle against bigger stronger defenders because his technique is near flawless.  

Agree completely 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2018, 11:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: All access was doing a piece this evening about where would be the ideal landing spot for the top QBs. Terrell Davis said Mayfield would be perfect to learn behind Andy a year or 2 before taking over. If he lasts to our 2nd rounder I could see it happening.

He also said Mayfield needs a few years to mature. 

Do not want to gamble this year with that early of a pick on a midget who needs to mature still.

If he is still there in 3rd or 4th maybe. But still like others better and think we have much bigger needs. 

Would rather trade up in draft when Dalton's time is expiring to grab a marquee QB in a few years. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2018/story/_/id/22587931/guide-nfl-draft-combine-drills-todd-mcshay-numbers-know-40-yard-dash-short-shuttle-bench-press

Some of the event numbers that matter according to McShay
Reply/Quote
Barkley's a stud who should go first overall.

Chubb had 29 reps too -- kinda surprising. I really liked him before his knee injury, but he just wasn't the same after. I thought Michel looked better, more explosive, for Georgia last year. But if Chubb was just slow coming back from his injury and is able to return to pre-injury form this year, he could really be a steal for a team that grabs him in 2-3.
Reply/Quote
combine day! one note mayock said last years running back class was the best class of all time. Exactly the same thing I said last year before the draft. I think this is another deep draft of backs and could see us drafting one to be that 3rd guy. I would like to see them get a short yardage mauler goaline guy.

Reply/Quote
Orlando Brown is a no go at 12. May have slipped out of the first round. 14 reps on the bench. He'll be ate alive in the AFCN. Disappointed his 340lb's are soft (fat) weight. He made Andre Smith look athletic.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/02/orlando-browns-combine-off-to-a-slow-start/

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Painful watching Orlando Brown run.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 11:35 AM)jj22 Wrote: Orlando Brown is a no go at 12. May have slipped out of the first round. 14 reps on the bench. He'll be ate alive in the AFCN. Disappointed his 340lb's are soft (fat) weight. He made Andre Smith look athletic.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/02/orlando-browns-combine-off-to-a-slow-start/

one of the slowest 10/40 yards in the history of the combine.  

Reply/Quote
Hernandez is one big impressive fella lmao

Reply/Quote
Desmond Harrison with a 4.75.  Natural runner.  Crosses line looking like a sprinter.

edit...they might have changed this to a 4.90
Reply/Quote
Cappa looks good and his stock just keeps rising. going from a 5th round prospect to a 2-3 round guy imo.

Reply/Quote