Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouting the 2018 NFL Combine
(03-02-2018, 11:42 AM)Okeana Wrote: Hernandez is one big impressive fella lmao

I would love to have him.  He is projected from early 1 to early 2.   I would have no problem taking him (or even Wynn) in the first.

To have a guy that could destroy defensive linemen in the interior would make such a difference in the running game - especially in short yardage situations.

I know we need a replacement for Ogbuehi.  But I feel like Andy has suffered more often with pressure up the middle.

I'd be so excited if we took Hernandez or Wynn in the first and Price in the 2nd.   I think it would usher in the beginning of a very good offensive line.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
James Daniels may have worked his way into the first round.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 12:17 PM)3wt Wrote: I would love to have him.  He is projected from early 1 to early 2.   I would have no problem taking him (or even Wynn) in the first.

To have a guy that could destroy defensive linemen in the interior would make such a difference in the running game - especially in short yardage situations.

I know we need a replacement for Ogbuehi.  But I feel like Andy has suffered more often with pressure up the middle.

I'd be so excited if we took Hernandez or Wynn in the first and Price in the 2nd.   I think it would usher in the beginning of a very good offensive line.

I agree that Wynn and Hernandez may be a option for us in the first.  However if its true that the bengals view nelson as a possible OT I wouldn't be surprised if they moved up to try and get him.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 11:35 AM)jj22 Wrote: Orlando Brown is a no go at 12. May have slipped out of the first round. 14 reps on the bench. He'll be ate alive in the AFCN. Disappointed his 340lb's are soft (fat) weight. He made Andre Smith look athletic.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/02/orlando-browns-combine-off-to-a-slow-start/

Orlando was my bust prediction. 

Just need my boom guy Jaire Alexander to rise now for the sweep. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 12:17 PM)3wt Wrote: I would love to have him.  He is projected from early 1 to early 2.   I would have no problem taking him (or even Wynn) in the first.

Both players look to be solid, and could probably contribute right away.
Reply/Quote
Orlando Brown 5.72 40. Yikes.
Reply/Quote
Solid run by Connor Williams. Both ND guys don't run due to hamstring issues.
Reply/Quote
Is there anything less interesting than the OL 40 yard dash at the combine?  Seriously, who give a flyin' f how fast they are.  They aren't supposed to be fast.  they are supposed to be agile, strong, and smart.  if it came down to two OLs that I am interested in drafting, the last measurement I'm comparing between the two of them is their 40 yard time.  its like the bench press for QBs.  I could care less how many reps my QB lifted.  Can he read a defense?  Is he quick thinking? How does he handle pressure?  Is he agile enough to sidestep a blitzing LB? can he chuck the ball 40 yards down field?  but he only benched 4 reps at the combine?  Oh dear lord. I'm passing on that wet noodle.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 01:59 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Is there anything less interesting than the OL 40 yard dash at the combine?  Seriously, who give a flyin' f how fast they are.  They aren't supposed to be fast.  they are supposed to be agile, strong, and smart.  if it came down to two OLs that I am interested in drafting, the last measurement I'm comparing between the two of them is their 40 yard time.  its like the bench press for QBs.  I could care less how many reps my QB lifted.  Can he read a defense?  Is he quick thinking? How does he handle pressure?  Is he agile enough to sidestep a blitzing LB? can he chuck the ball 40 yards down field?  but he only benched 4 reps at the combine?  Oh dear lord. I'm passing on that wet noodle.

They do have to have a little speed but the 10 yard split is more important in my book. Sometimes they have to pull across thr formation and beat the running back, get down field on screens etc... 

But I agree it's more about quick powerful feet when it comes to OL speed.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 01:00 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Orlando was my bust prediction. 

Just need my boom guy Jaire Alexander to rise now for the sweep. 

He do talented if he could just stay healthy
Reply/Quote
So Orlando's effort each play concerned me. I read coaches had to get on him for his effort level in combine drills... Wtf
Reply/Quote
orlando is trash for real

Reply/Quote
Braden Smith Auburn had an excellent combine.

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 01:43 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Solid run by Connor Williams.  Both ND guys don't run due to hamstring issues.

Such a boom or bust guy.  Except for his relatively short arms his measurable are all pretty darn good.  From all I've read if he played like he did in 2016 his a solid 1st rounder with nasty and great hands.   I could go for that.   There's enough doubt in draftnik circles you'd have to wait for 2.   But I doubt he gets to us.

I have a feeling he's going to be a more than serviceable tackle
Reply/Quote
imo this is a terrible tackle class. i would much rather them get a guard and grab alex cappa later than get one of these first round tackles

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 11:40 AM)Okeana Wrote: one of the slowest 10/40 yards in the history of the combine.  

Good Keep Sliding! :)
Reply/Quote
Barkley with a 4.40 official time at 233 lbs. Shocked
Also, my boom RB Kalen Ballage with a nice 40 time of 4.46 at 228 lbs.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 03:04 PM)Synric Wrote: They do have to have a little speed but the 10 yard split is more important in my book. Sometimes they have to pull across thr formation and beat the running back, get down field on screens etc... 

But I agree it's more about quick powerful feet when it comes to OL speed.

2.0 for his 10 second. Brown is having an awful, awful, combine.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 04:21 PM)Okeana Wrote: imo this is a terrible tackle class.  i would much rather them get a guard and grab alex cappa later than get one of these first round tackles

I agree.  Go with the higher rated player in the first.  There are a number of good interior linemen.

Mayock said good things about Cappa's film, qualifying the lesser level competition.   But he looked very good.
Reply/Quote
Brown probably had a Vontaz like combine. Wasn't expecting that. Went from a boderline 1st to a third day pick.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote