Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouting the All-Star games (2024)
(02-03-2024, 08:27 PM)WhoDeyK Wrote: I'm a big fan of Fisher as well. He definitely seems to be getting overlooked but I think he'd be a great Mid round selection at RT.

(02-03-2024, 10:15 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Why am I not OK with drafting a RT named Fisher in the second round?

I have a hard time believing he makes it to our 2nd. He could because this is a deep OT class. But I have to think the true junior got good news from the draft advisory people on where he might go. Or else I would think going back for his senior year and playing LT at ND would have been very tempting to increase his draft stock and get a first round grade.
Reply/Quote
Bump with flavor.

Shrine Bowl standout Mason McCormick.

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2024, 02:09 PM)WhoDeyK Wrote: Happy JPJ is getting the credit he deserves. He’s clearly the best C in the class and maybe the best guard. Hate that he’s now probably going in the first round and really hate that the Steelers are showing interest. I know RT is the bigger need but I would take JPJ over Guyton, Latham and Mims. I feel much better about him as a prospect than those 3. I think JPJs the 4th best O lineman in the class behind Alt, Olu and Fuaga and I would be happy to take him at 18.
I totally agree.

I looked at some highlights of JPJ.   Granted they are highlights, but man!  This guy can whip players around like they're cardboard cutouts.  His upperbody strength is elite, he can anchor against anyone and his ability to block on the run are just amazing.

I know the wisdom is that you always take the OT in the first round - that interior guys are available in the later rounds.   But my feelings are that 1) the core of your pocket is the interior,  2) You need a strong interior to run the ball - and that includes the ability of your interior to get out to the 2nd level and not whiff and 3) It's time to just take the best lineman available - period.

The link is repetitive, but he does a lot of amazing things.  I'd be happy to take him in the first. 
Reply/Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR7IkXpA2NY
Here's the link
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 12:47 PM)3wt Wrote: I totally agree.

I looked at some highlights of JPJ.   Granted they are highlights, but man!  This guy can whip players around like they're cardboard cutouts.  His upperbody strength is elite, he can anchor against anyone and his ability to block on the run are just amazing.

I know the wisdom is that you always take the OT in the first round - that interior guys are available in the later rounds.   But my feelings are that 1) the core of your pocket is the interior,  2) You need a strong interior to run the ball - and that includes the ability of your interior to get out to the 2nd level and not whiff and 3) It's time to just take the best lineman available - period.

The link is repetitive, but he does a lot of amazing things.  I'd be happy to take him in the first. 

Yeah it’s hard to watch those highlights and not walk away completely pumped about JPJ. While their highlights, a lot of what he shows translates well to the NFL. His ability to anchor, his combo blocks, the way he gets to the second level. He plays with such high intelligence and effort. Those are the kind of characteristics the Bengals need to look for in the first round. He understands the game and he wants to be great. He also has a track record of performing well no matter where they put him. I think point 3 is definitely the right line of thinking. We need to walk away with the best lineman available period. I do not want some raw, with very little experience in the first. I want someone who can contribute somewhat in year one.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 01:05 PM)3wt Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR7IkXpA2NY
Here's the link

Thanks for the link 3wt. Those are some great highlights of Powers-Johnson. I am warming up to him at 18 even now.

This guy would instantly upgrade our interior O-line. I still like Volson alright but would be more comfortable with him as quality 
depth rather than as a starter. Moving Karras to LG could be in the cards if we get Powers-Johnson. Between getting JPJ and adding
a veteran FA at RT, we could finally have our OL fixed and it would be the best OL Burrow has ever had in front of him.
Reply/Quote