Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouting the Bowl Games 20-21
(01-02-2021, 01:09 AM)QueenCity Wrote: Blowout win vs Clemson?  Plus if they beat Bama..... I wouldn't rule it out.

Jets just took an OT right? Do they really need another?
No doubt it's an impressive performance but scouts are not going to dismiss his two bad performances. Also his RB and offensive line are tearing it up as well making it a lot easier for him to dominate tonight. Plus there is the fact that Urban Meyer system has never produced an elite QB.

Same reason why we need one there is two  Tackles position. Plus if he is the best player in the draft he isn't going to last until 4th or 5th position.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Sewell is definitely back in play for us. There could be 3 QB’s off the board when we pick if everything went our way.

Atlanta is the big question mark for me. No idea what they’ll do. I could see them wanting to grab Ryan’s successor with a top 5 pick, but who knows.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2021, 01:16 AM)bfine32 Wrote: It's more than 1 game. 

No it's one game he just had a stretch in the last 3 games of 4tds to 5 INTs. The guy is inconsistent scouts will see that.
J24

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2021, 01:18 AM)J24 Wrote: No doubt it's an impressive performance but scouts are not going to dismiss his two bad performances. Also his RB and offensive line are tearing it up as well making it a lot easier for him to dominate tonight. Plus there is the fact that Urban Meyer system has never produced an elite QB.

Same reason why we need one there is two  Tackles position. Plus if he is the best player in the draft he isn't going to last until 4th or 5th position.

Yes no way they're going to consider his great season last year. Those two games will override his full body of work.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2021, 01:18 AM)J24 Wrote: No doubt it's an impressive performance but scouts are not going to dismiss his two bad performances. Also his RB and offensive line are tearing it up as well making it a lot easier for him to dominate tonight. Plus there is the fact that Urban Meyer system has never produced an elite QB.

And scouts are not going to dismiss his entire body of work for 2 bad games in a season where they could never get in a rhythm. This 1 game easily trumps the 2 games he won, that you are pointing to. 

I don't think he'll be a Jet but the Jets are going to get offers for him.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Safe to say Lawrence is missing Tee Higgins?

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2021, 01:21 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yes no way they're going to consider his great season last year. Those two games will override his full body of work.

When has a meyer QB ever produced in the NFL? Dwayne Haskins had a 50 TD season as well and was drafted 15th. NFL is going to have serious questions about him?
J24

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2021, 01:06 AM)J24 Wrote: Nah he is going to be a Jet easily. 
 Fields was absolutely Terrible against both Indiana & Northwestern. One game isn't going to put him at #2 no matter how impressive it is.

What...the hell...are you talking about?

He was #2 for forever then there was some doubt (on msg boards) about him because of a couple games this year.

Now he's shredding again and they have yet to play 'bama. 

He's not going to fall because of a couple bad regular season games. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2021, 01:27 AM)J24 Wrote: When has a meyer QB ever produced in the NFL? Dwayne Haskins had a 50 TD season as well and was drafted 15th. NFL is going to have serious questions about him?

Fields is not a Meyer's QB
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2021, 01:27 AM)J24 Wrote: When has a meyer QB ever produced in the NFL? Dwayne Haskins had a 50 TD season as well and was drafted 15th. NFL is going to have serious questions about him?

Not so sure that matters that much ?
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2021, 01:28 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: What...the hell...are you talking about?

He was #2 for forever then there was some doubt (on msg boards) about him because of a couple games this year.

Wasn’t he hurt for one of them, too?

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2021, 01:20 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Sewell is definitely back in play for us. There could be 3 QB’s off the board when we pick if everything went our way.

Atlanta is the big question mark for me. No idea what they’ll do. I could see them wanting to grab Ryan’s successor with a top 5 pick, but who knows.

It would be the smart move if their guy is there.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2021, 01:21 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yes no way they're going to consider his great season last year. Those two games will override his full body of work.  Ninja

I just don't understand what goes through some peoples heads...   Shocked

Reply/Quote

Attached Files Image(s)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2021, 01:28 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: What...the hell...are you talking about?

He completed 46% of his passes against Northwestern just two weeks ago when his running back had 300 yards rushing. That's going to raise some major eyebrows in the NFL. Especially when he is coming from a system that has never produced a high level QB.
J24

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2021, 01:40 AM)J24 Wrote: He completed 46% of his passes against Northwestern just two weeks ago when his running back had 300 yards rushing. That's going to raise some major eyebrows in the NFL. Especially when he is coming from a system that has never produced a high level QB.

lol. No it's not. Not even a ripple.

Speaking of ripple...you need to put the bottle down.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2021, 01:41 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: lol. No it's not. Not even a ripple.

Speaking of ripple...you need to put the bottle down.

He is the next Haskins 
J24

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2021, 01:40 AM)J24 Wrote: He completed 46% of his passes against Northwestern just two weeks ago when his running back had 300 yards rushing. That's going to raise some major eyebrows in the NFL. Especially when he is coming from a system that has never produced a high level QB.

He’s playing the game of his life in the playoffs against a top Clemson team. Unless he’s awful against Alabama this just raised his draft stock right back up to where it was before those few bad games.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2021, 01:44 AM)J24 Wrote: He is the next Haskins 

He might be, but he still probably just put himself back at QB2 in this draft.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2021, 01:46 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He might be, but he still probably just put himself back at QB2 in this draft.

IDK Wilson & Lance are going to draw a lot of interest as well. I think he will go top 10 but I'll be shocked if he goes 2nd overall.
J24

Reply/Quote