Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouting the Bowl Games 20-21
(01-02-2021, 01:41 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: lol. No it's not. Not even a ripple.

Speaking of ripple...you need to put the bottle down.

Lol 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2021, 01:44 AM)J24 Wrote: He is the next Haskins 

Give it a rest.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2021, 01:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s playing the game of his life in the playoffs against a top Clemson team. Unless he’s awful against Alabama this just raised his draft stock right back up to where it was before those few bad games.

Clemson defense is getting owned at the line of scrimmage and getting destroyed in the secondary. It's impressive no doubt but he is getting a ton of help as well.
J24

Reply/Quote
Wonder what Dabo's ranking of Buckeyes will be tonight ?
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2021, 01:40 AM)J24 Wrote: He completed 46% of his passes against Northwestern just two weeks ago when his running back had 300 yards rushing. That's going to raise some major eyebrows in the NFL. Especially when he is coming from a system that has never produced a high level QB.

Enduring that kill shot, and then persevering to drop dimes later in the game kinda shows that the Northwestern game was a one off.  Lawrence, on the other hand, does not get that sort of opportunity, as his season is done.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

That is such a ludicrous comparison.  Hadkins is, and had always been, a relative statue in the pocket.  Fields is a dynamic athlete.  My biggest concern with Fields is his injury history.  Though not extreme, he has taken his share of dings the past couple seasons.  But his accuracy is impressive, as is his arm strength.  

Are we to believe scouts are going to hold this game against Lawrence?
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2021, 02:14 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Enduring that kill shot, and then persevering to drop dimes later in the game kinda shows that the Northwestern game was a one off.  Lawrence, on the other hand, does not get that sort of opportunity, as his season is done.
It was a great performance tonight no doubt but Ohio State dominated the game as a whole. 
His running back had over 191 yards rushing tonight which forced  Clemson to regularly load up the box to stop him. Fields took advantage of a lot of one on one opportunities on the outside. 
He absolutely deserves credit for what he did tonight but he clearly had a lot of help. This is a performance that Clearly will help him come April. However to simply dismiss the game he had against Northwestern is silly. He was bad and that will cost him some money come April. He is going top 10 but he has far from locked up the #2 spot in the draft.
J24

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2021, 02:42 AM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: That is such a ludicrous comparison.  Hadkins is, and had always been, a relative statue in the pocket.  Fields is a dynamic athlete.  My biggest concern with Fields is his injury history.  Though not extreme, he has taken his share of dings the past couple seasons.  But his accuracy is impressive, as is his arm strength.  

Are we to believe scouts are going to hold this game against Lawrence?

Lawrence threw for over 400 yards tonight, completed 68% of his passes, and had absolutely no help from his team. 
Fields against Northwestern had under 140 yards, completed 44.4% of his passes, and had a RB who had over 300 rushing yards. 
So no I don't think scouts will view Lawrence performance from tonight the same as Fields performance from two weeks ago.
J24

Reply/Quote
OSU offensive Line and defensive lines deserves a lot of credit for tonight. They clearly were more physical out of the two teams.
J24

Reply/Quote
I think the Bama-OSU game features perhaps the two best deep ball passers in the college game. Mac Jones throws a beautiful bomb.
Reply/Quote
I'm thinking Fields definitely goes number 2 after tonight.

Now let's hope that Miami chooses Chase and the Falcons pick Ryan's successor with Zach Wilson, or they shore up their terrible D with Micah Parsons. With a loss on Sunday, the Bengals get their Tackle of the future!

As for Fields' success in the NLF, I figure he'll be like every other pro OSU quarterback; in a word, terrible. Unless he's the next Tomczak, then he'll only be below average/mediocre.
Reply/Quote
As great as Lawrence is, he's been outplayed the last two years in his final game. Burrow outplayed him last year. And this year so did Fields.

Three fumbles last night, one lost. That stood out to me. The ball security.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2021, 03:02 AM)J24 Wrote: Lawrence threw for over 400 yards tonight, completed 68% of his passes, and had absolutely no help from his team. 
Fields against Northwestern had under 140 yards, completed 44.4% of his passes, and had a RB who had over 300 rushing yards. 
So no I don't think scouts will view Lawrence performance from tonight the same as Fields performance from two weeks ago.

he also threw the ball 48 times (that's a lot) and a huge chunk of his yards were either screens/ wheel routes close to the LOS or late in the game when OSU was playing off some. he had a bad game missed quite a few throws, but this one bad game is not going to hurt his draft stock he is an amazing talent and will go #1 overall.

Fields on the other hand picked apart the clemson defense on a huge stage, and solidified that he is the 2nd most talented Qb in this draft class.

your Bias is showing pal
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2021, 10:17 AM)Goalpost Wrote: As great as Lawrence is, he's been outplayed the last two years in his final game.  Burrow outplayed him last year.  And this year so did Fields.  

Three fumbles last night, one lost.  That stood out to me.  The ball security.

Sunshine folding up like a pup tent in big games is a concern for sure. L. Jackson 2.0
Reply/Quote
but on topic of players for the bengals to watch I wouldn't mind a mid/late round flyer on Haskell Garrett has looked impressive for most of the year without that dynamic Chase young type player on the OSU line.
Reply/Quote

He isn't the next Haskins, that is for sure. Haskins had very glaring issues coming out of college. He was not an accurate passer and pretty much just collapsed under pressure. His gaudy stats were from Ohio State receivers making plays after the catch. Fields is a better prospect. There is bad tape on him and he was really bad in the Indiana and NW games, but he just lit Clemson up and that is a good defense over there. he is going to be drafted high, and he is a better prospect than Haskins. 
Reply/Quote
TaxSlayer Gator Bowl
No. 23 NC State vs. Kentucky
TIAA Bank Field (Jacksonville, Florida)
12 p.m. | ESPN

NCSU: EMEKA EMEZIE/WR: Big bodied WR with great character

UK: DARIAN KINNARD/OT: The UK oline has 3 draftable players this 6'5" 345 lb OT is the best of them

Outback Bowl
No. 11 Indiana vs. Ole Miss
Raymond James Stadium (Tampa, Florida)
12:30 p.m. | ABC

IU: WHOP PHILYOR/WR: A bfine fav. Has the perfect skillset to compliment T2

OM: BRAYLON SANDERS/WR: The best Ole Miss receiver that didn't opt out. Averages over 25 YPC

PlayStation Fiesta Bowl
No. 10 Iowa State vs. No. 25 Oregon
State Farm Stadium (Glendale, Arizona)
4 p.m. | ESPN

ISU: MIKE ROSE/LB: Good sized LB that can tackle, penetrate, and cover

OU: Most probably aren't aware that OU has a pretty good OT that sat the year out, but a bfine fav returned.

DEOMMODORE LENOIR/CB: A do it all DB

Capital One Orange Bowl
No. 5 Texas A&M vs. No. 13 North Carolina
Hard Rock Stadium (Miami Gardens, Florida)
8 p.m. | ESPN

UNC: CHAZ SURRATT/LB- Must be bfine fav day as Surratt is another. A former QB that is all over the field

TAM: BOBBY BROWN III/DT: Huge DT with 20 tackles, 7.5 tackles for loss, 5.5 sacks
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote