Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouting the Titans
That 72 yard Chase TD against the Chiefs where he just hit an extra gear and everyone else just looked slow in comparison?

Derrick Henry had that run this year at 250lbs and it blows my mind regardless of how many times I have seen it. I just really really really hope that Henry is crazy rusty or something because he's a problem. Humans that big and that strong shouldn't be able to move that quick. That was against the team that finished with the #1 scoring defense in the NFL.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
LOAD THE BOX!

Bring lots of pressure but make sure the lineman and linebackers stay in their lanes! Their line can block pretty well for the run game but they're HORRIBLE in pass blocking, so load the box, make sure defensive linemen/linebackers stay in their lane, and force Tannehill to make plays. Either Tannehill makes plays or they go into third downs where our defense gets after Tannehill. Swaim(sp?) and Firsker(sp?) don't scare me at all at tight end, so force them to throw outside.

Sustain drives on offense, no turnovers, and score in the red zone. No settling for field goals.

I realize that they're stout against the run, but I do think that we need to establish the run more with Mixon. I feel like that could be big for us if we can find a way to run the ball.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 07:17 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Tennessee is #1 for a reason. There is no need for complacency just because we won 1 playoff game.

Since 1990, 26% of #1 seeds have went one and done. Let's hope the Bengals can add to that list on Saturday. Joe
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 09:10 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I’m going to be completely complacent. I’m not planning to do anything to prepare for this game.

Dude, you need to be prepared. If we lose this game because of lack of fan preparation . . . fair warning. I am one to say "I told you so".
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 08:35 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Titans are very formidable but the Bengals can play with anybody when they show up.

Should be an epic battle but think the Burrow to Chase chemistry will be the difference that helps the Bengals edge out Tennessee.

If Vrabel is truly a Belichek disciple, he will try to take away the best weapon, and that is Chase.

Fine.  We need a big game from Higgins, Boyd, Uzo, and Mixon.  I still think Joe will test the Titans if he sees Ja'Marr singled even once, but the gameplan may very well be take what they give you. 

I hope they get Tee involved early on some easy receptions to get him in the game.  He had a bit of the first playoff game jitters last week, which is understandable.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 08:44 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: If Vrabel is truly a Belichek disciple, he will try to take away the best weapon, and that is Chase.

Fine.  We need a big game from Higgins, Boyd, Uzo, and Mixon.  I still think Joe will test the Titans if he sees Ja'Marr singled even once, but the gameplan may very well be take what they give you. 

I hope they get Tee involved early on some easy receptions to get him in the game.  He had a bit of the first playoff game jitters last week, which is understandable.

Higgins needs to get into the same mindset as Burrow and Chase: the bigger the lights, the better you play.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
We need a big game out of all of our guys.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Burrow is going to have to throw the ball 50 + times and have a rating over 100 for us to win this game...which really isn't THAT big of an ask knowing Joe Burrow.

I just don't believe in Mixon and this running game right now. It's shot. Mixon looks like he doesn't have any explosiveness and there just haven't been a ton of hole for him lately.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 08:44 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: If Vrabel is truly a Belichek disciple, he will try to take away the best weapon, and that is Chase.

Which means he'll double coverage Chase and then stick his best CB on Tee? That might narrow it down to Boyd and Uzo having to step up in the passing game.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 11:30 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Burrow is going to have to throw the ball 50 + times and have a rating over 100 for us to win this game...which really isn't THAT big of an ask knowing Joe Burrow.

I just don't believe in Mixon and this running game right now. It's shot. Mixon looks like he doesn't have any explosiveness and there just haven't been a ton of hole for him lately.

Mixon has never really looked like a fast RB, TBH.
His longest run this season was 32 yards, longest the year before was 34.
Mixon's longest run against the Raiders last week was 10 yards.
If the Bengals want a more explosive running game, they need someone with more speed.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Interesting Titans are so hard to come back against once they built the lead, but Houston did just that down three scores in a must win for The Titans
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 11:30 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Burrow is going to have to throw the ball 50 + times and have a rating over 100 for us to win this game...which really isn't THAT big of an ask knowing Joe Burrow.

Can't put all the blame on Mixon. O-line couldn't run block at all last week.

Mixon does dance a little too much behind the line of scrimmage (reminds me of LeVeon Bell), but with this o-line you got to hit whatever hole is available and get 3-4 yards every carry. Not trying to dance behind the line of scrimmage hoping for a bigger hole to develop. 
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 01:11 PM)magikod Wrote: Can't put all the blame on Mixon. O-line couldn't run block at all last week.

Mixon does dance a little too much behind the line of scrimmage (reminds me of LeVeon Bell), but with this o-line you got to hit whatever hole is available and get 3-4 yards every carry. Not trying to dance behind the line of scrimmage hoping for a bigger hole to develop. 

Mixon is one of the better backs in the league of hitting the hole and then making the cut
Reply/Quote
Speed doesn't matter when you run to a hole that's not there.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
To be fair, Mixon tripped a couple of times on plays where had he stayed up he was going to get big yards. And he does sometimes go down too easy on the first hit. It's not 100% on the line. That said, I did wonder why we run so often to the right when our best linemen are on the left.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 02:46 PM)Joelist Wrote: To be fair, Mixon tripped a couple of times on plays where had he stayed up he was going to get big yards. And he does sometimes go down too easy on the first hit. It's not 100% on the line. That said, I did wonder why we run so often to the right when our best linemen are on the left.

Data backs you up on this one. It isn't a huge disparity, but the Bengals do indeed run more right than they do left, despite having more success on the left. Here are the numbers...

Rush LEFT - 152 carries, 4.51 yards per carry, 0.012 EPA per attempt, 42.7% success rate

Rush MIDDLE - 65 carries, 3.12 yards per carry, -0.218 EPA per attempt, 35.3% success rate

Rush RIGHT - 186 carries, 4.07 yards per carry, -0.098 EPA per attempt, 38.17% success rate
Reply/Quote
I've read a lot of posts on the Titans boards and all they seem to be able to talk about is how bad the Bengals offensive line is, and it is. Giving up 51 sacks is nothing to write home about. But, what they seem to forget is that their offensive line has give up 47 sacks this year which is the second most in the league behind the Bengals. I'm not sure that's something to be bragging about.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-sacked-qb-in-2021
Reply/Quote
Have to bump for tomorrow so I can check SHStreaker's thread out here lol

He knows his shit. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 12:19 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Which means he'll double coverage Chase and then stick his best CB on Tee? That might narrow it down to Boyd and Uzo having to step up in the passing game.

Surprisingly, it sounds like this is not something Vrabel has done much of in the past.  It will be interesting to see how they draw up their defense, for sure.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 12:19 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Which means he'll double coverage Chase and then stick his best CB on Tee? That might narrow it down to Boyd and Uzo having to step up in the passing game.

Nixon could be big as a passing target as well, especially if tee and chase clear out the secondary. They also block really well…

Edit: I’m leaving it. Tricky Dick in the house!!! “I am not a rook “
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote