Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Season Tickets Have Been Canceled....
(01-04-2018, 11:40 PM)Roland Wrote: Of course if you just cancel your season tickets your COA reverts to the team and they get to resell it.  If you resell them then someone else is committing to buy your tickets.  If you have good seats you should offer them up here so that fans can get them instead of ticket brokers.

I'll be renewing again because I enjoy going to the games.  I enjoy pro football and the Bengals are my team.  I don't get my personal self-worth tied up in it like some folks do.  I'm not giving up the seats that have taken me decades to get into under the delusion that it's going to teach Mike Brown some kind of lesson.

The irony of Marvin Lewis is that his greatest achievement has been making fans believe that if they could just be rid of him they could plug in their dream coach and start winning playoff games in no time.  The truth is that "Bengals Head Coach Paul Alexander" is probably about as likely as whoever you had in mind.

If Brown had dumped Lewis, even if he hadn't promoted Paul Alexander into the job it's assured that he would have kept all of the control he has had including keeping favorites like Alexander on staff.  The team would have settled for a coach who was willing to do without that control to get a foot in Head Coaching door.  Even if Lewis doesn't get them a playoff win in the next two years I'm hopeful that this small victory will create a better environment for whoever comes next.

The Bengals haven't charged for COAs to buy season tickets for years. Any COA someone "owns" is worthless. They essentially eliminated them years ago - at least since the 2012 season.

They're worthless unless someone is an idiot and thinks he needs to buy one to buy season tickets. At this point, the Bengals season ticket sales are so bad a new buyer would have their pick of the place.... and not have to buy a COA.

Like you, I'm still a huge fan, but I can only show my displeasure with the team's direction in one way, no matter how minor the affect. And that is to take the roughly $5k I spend on Bengals stuff every year and find another venue of entertainment. I'll still watch the games and enjoy the team, but I'll be a loiterer instead of a customer.

Super bummed I didn't get this orange Nike Bengals hoodie I wanted before my cash embargo began and they re-signed Marvin. Maybe I'll have it gifted to me at some point. Until Mike Brown is dead (which, I'm in no way wishing for at all, BTW) and Marvin is gone, my money is headed to Columbus for the Blue Jackets. They deserve it much more at this point.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 10:08 AM)PDub80 Wrote: The Bengals haven't charged for COAs to buy season tickets for years. Any COA someone "owns" is worthless. They essentially eliminated them years ago - at least since the 2012 season.

They're worthless unless someone is an idiot and thinks he needs to buy one to buy season tickets. At this point, the Bengals season ticket sales are so bad a new buyer would have their pick of the place.... and not have to buy a COA.

Like you, I'm still a huge fan, but I can only show my displeasure with the team's direction in one way, no matter how minor the affect. And that is to take the roughly $5k I spend on Bengals stuff every year and find another venue of entertainment. I'll still watch the games and enjoy the team, but I'll be a loiterer instead of a customer.

Super bummed I didn't get this orange Nike Bengals hoodie I wanted before my cash embargo began and they re-signed Marvin. Maybe I'll have it gifted to me at some point. Until Mike Brown is dead (which, I'm in no way wishing for at all, BTW) and Marvin is gone, my money is headed to Columbus for the Blue Jackets. They deserve it much more at this point.

The Blue Jackets have won as many playoff series in 17 years as the Bengals have playoff games. Just sayin....

*only taking a poke cause I’m a Devils fan
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 12:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Blue Jackets have won as many playoff series in 17 years as the Bengals have playoff games. Just sayin....

Front office:  CBJ > Bengals
HC: CBJ > Bengals
Talent relative to competition: CBJ > Bengals

Columbus will win a series or two before the Bengals ever sniff the playoffs again, and that's from someone desperately wanting them both to succeed.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 12:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Blue Jackets have won as many playoff series in 17 years as the Bengals have playoff games. Just sayin....

Ahahahaha... I love it!

Honestly, I love live hockey and was just in love with the experience I've had with CBJ, so I'm thrilled to go up there.

PS: I think the Devil's have one of the coolest logos in sports.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 09:10 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Front office:  CBJ > Bengals
HC: CBJ > Bengals
Talent relative to competition: CBJ > Bengals

Columbus will win a series or two before the Bengals ever sniff the playoffs again, and that's from someone desperately wanting them both to succeed.
Tortorella is an asshat. Better coach than Marvin, no doubt, but Marvin is a better human being.

(01-05-2018, 09:28 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Ahahahaha... I love it!

Honestly, I love live hockey and was just in love with the experience I've had with CBJ, so I'm thrilled to go up there.

PS: I think the Devil's have one of the coolest logos in sports.
Nationwide is a great building. There was a lot of bad years, but the atmosphere up there has been great since they got good the last few years.

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 09:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tortorella is an asshat. Better coach than Marvin, no doubt, but Marvin is a better human being.

Nationwide is a great building. There was a lot of bad years, but the atmosphere up there has been great since they got good the last few years.

Word on the street is he's softened a bit.  Mellowing a bit with age, maybe?  I didn't pay much attention to his time with TB, but I remember the talk about him when he was with the Rangers and yeah, he was a supreme jerk.  The guy knows his stuff to be sure.  I think he's the right man for Columbus.  Haven't felt that way about Marvin in a long time.

I didn't even see the Devils remark.  Was a Wings fan back in the 90s, and ****, I hated the Devils just about as much as a I hated the Avs.  
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 10:08 AM)PDub80 Wrote: The Bengals haven't charged for COAs to buy season tickets for years. Any COA someone "owns" is worthless. They essentially eliminated them years ago - at least since the 2012 season.

COAs have sold for as much as $3750 per seat in the last six months.  The best seats are still under COAs and you're not likely to get those as a new ticket holder because COA holders get upgrade priority.

https://bengals.seasonticketrights.com/Charter-Ownership-Agreements/Charter-Ownership-Agreement-Info.aspx

The Bengals sell available seats a variety of ways so yes, it's possible to get seats without a COA.  But you're not guaranteed those seats next season.

If you call about season tickets today they'll take your info and you'll wait in line until COA holders renew and get upgrades.  Sure, good seats could come open if there are a ton of drops and few upgrades.  But out of the 100 or so seats that I consider better than mine, none of them have come available for upgrades in the last ten years.   And these aren't even field level seats.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 02:22 AM)B stripes Wrote: I will keep supporting and will not be ashamed of it!  

You should be.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 02:54 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Damn man, that sig is freaky as hell.

Bedfellows.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 01:01 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Bedfellows.

Well that's just ****** up.   Need to tell the wife about that one, she likes that kind of movie.  
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 11:41 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: Well that's just ***** up.   Need to tell the wife about that one, she likes that kind of movie.  

It's not a movie, it's just a short done by FEWDIO. I love this stuff and was crushed when i found out, a couple days ago, that CHILLER channel is now no longer broadcasting. Sad

If your wife likes that kind of stuff, have her check this out. 
https://www.youtube.com/user/Fewdiodotcom/videos

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 12:36 AM)Roland Wrote: COAs have sold for as much as $3750 per seat in the last six months.  The best seats are still under COAs and you're not likely to get those as a new ticket holder because COA holders get upgrade priority.

https://bengals.seasonticketrights.com/Charter-Ownership-Agreements/Charter-Ownership-Agreement-Info.aspx

The Bengals sell available seats a variety of ways so yes, it's possible to get seats without a COA.  But you're not guaranteed those seats next season.

If you call about season tickets today they'll take your info and you'll wait in line until COA holders renew and get upgrades.  Sure, good seats could come open if there are a ton of drops and few upgrades.  But out of the 100 or so seats that I consider better than mine, none of them have come available for upgrades in the last ten years.   And these aren't even field level seats.

I purchased season tickets (for the first time since 2006 -  when I had to buy a COA at the time) just this past season around July. They did not charge for a COA. It wasn't even an option as I had asked about the COA to understand costs. I had my choice of where I wanted to sit without purchasing one as long as those tickets hadn't been already sold. Club seats are the most expensive and they had a ton of outstanding seats to choose from as well as lower bowl seats.

The COA is worthless and has been virtually non-existent in 2012 according to my ticket rep, whom I called yesterday to confirm the above. I also asked to make sure that, should I choose, I had first right of refusal on renewing my seats.... I do, regardless on if a COA holder wants them or not. The COA was given or "comped" to me by the Bengals when I purchased my season tickets.

The COA/PSL racket has been out of a lot of a lot of stadiums across multiple sports for years. The people who paid into them are left with a virtually worthless bill of goods..... Especially at PBS, where season ticket holders have left in droves and it will be scorched Earth season ticket wise after this Marvin rehire. Why do you think they stopped charging for COAs to begin with? Just because there are websites brokering them, doesn't mean that it's a viable asset or that people actually by them. One call to the Bengals would stop anyone from buy a COA unless someone was occupying seats they HAD to have and they wanted to buy those specific seats from them.... Unlikely.

Regardless of you and I'm different outlook on COAs, no one should be upset at you choosing to buy tickets. If you enjoy going to the games and supporting the Bengals financially, that is awesome that you do so! I want the Bengals to do well and for my fellow fans to enjoy the as much as possible!
Reply/Quote
After last year we finally had enough. We've had 4 seat for 17 years and said enough was enough. The amount of money we've spent on this team could have put 2 kids thru college. #Done
We will still watch on TV but won't attend games until this gets turned around.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 12:08 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's not a movie, it's just a short done by FEWDIO. I love this stuff and was crushed when i found out, a couple days ago, that CHILLER channel is now no longer broadcasting. Sad

If your wife likes that kind of stuff, have her check this out. 
https://www.youtube.com/user/Fewdiodotcom/videos

Yeah, I found that out after I did q quick search on FEWDIO.  She had not heard of this when I asked her, so thanks for the tip.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 02:01 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I purchased season tickets (for the first time since 2006 -  when I had to buy a COA at the time) just this past season around July. They did not charge for a COA. It wasn't even an option as I had asked about the COA to understand costs. I had my choice of where I wanted to sit without purchasing one as long as those tickets hadn't been already sold. Club seats are the most expensive and they had a ton of outstanding seats to choose from as well as lower bowl seats.

The COA is worthless and has been virtually non-existent in 2012 according to my ticket rep, whom I called yesterday to confirm the above. I also asked to make sure that, should I choose, I had first right of refusal on renewing my seats.... I do, regardless on if a COA holder wants them or not. The COA was given or "comped" to me by the Bengals when I purchased my season tickets.

The COA/PSL racket has been out of a lot of a lot of stadiums across multiple sports for years. The people who paid into them are left with a virtually worthless bill of goods..... Especially at PBS, where season ticket holders have left in droves and it will be scorched Earth season ticket wise after this Marvin rehire. Why do you think they stopped charging for COAs to begin with? Just because there are websites brokering them, doesn't mean that it's a viable asset or that people actually by them. One call to the Bengals would stop anyone from buy a COA unless someone was occupying seats they HAD to have and they wanted to buy those specific seats from them.... Unlikely.

Regardless of you and I'm different outlook on COAs, no one should be upset at you choosing to buy tickets. If you enjoy going to the games and supporting the Bengals financially, that is awesome that you do so! I want the Bengals to do well and for my fellow fans to enjoy the as much as possible!

I'm not sure what to make of this.  Are you arguing that the COA market I linked you to doesn't really exist? The sales data is right there.  Seats in my section and row have sold for over $1000 in the last six months.   Do you imagine that people buying COAs there never bothered to find out what was available through the ticket office?  Yes, there's no question that Bengals COAs are at all time low.  Probably only the top 10% of seats are worth anything and those don't trade often.

I think you're missing the point here.  I don't doubt that the tickets that you got in July would be worthless, or that they deferred (not comped) your COA.  The OP and others have claimed to be cancelling tickets that they purchased a decade or more ago.  Those people did pay COAs and if they've upgraded at all during the successive waves of people trying to teach Mike Brown a lesson, they may have good seats.

Even if they're not good enough to be worth something on the COA market, if they're at all good seats they'll resell and probably to a ticket broker.  That's been the biggest impact of all these "lessons" - more and more of the good seats held by ticket brokers.  

That's why in spite of having one of the best records in the NFL in this decade our stadium atmosphere has never been as good as it was in the previous decade.

The problem with the notion that you're going to prove a point by cancelling your tickets is that Mike Brown already knows that he just needs to win games to sell tickets.  He just doesn't agree with the things that you think he needs to do to win games. 

People can do what they want with their money and I don't fault anyone who doesn't enjoy going to games anymore for not renewing their tickets.  I do think it's pretty sad that people are so caught up in this whole echo chamber of everyone else's opinion that they can't even enjoy a winning season without being butt-clinched the whole time about what's going to happen when they go to the playoffs.

You know what, I just rethought all of this and changed my mind.   

It's very important for anyone who has midfield seats in the first few rows on any level to cancel their season tickets RIGHT NOW.  That's the only way Mike Brown is ever going to get the message!  We need you people to step up and prove that you are real men who demand nothing short of World Championship excellence for your prime seat location game experience!

Dude with the Bengals hard hat and the big foam fingers, THIS MEANS YOU TOO!
Reply/Quote
Maybe try to enjoy attending games for more than the W-L?  Enjoy the experience. Eat some grub, drink some beers, and take in the world class athletes there in front of you. If you are buying season tickets on the condition that the team is winning all the time, then I think you're expectations are unrealistic.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 05:34 AM)Roland Wrote: You know what, I just rethought all of this and changed my mind.   

It's very important for anyone who has midfield seats in the first few rows on any level to cancel their season tickets RIGHT NOW.  That's the only way Mike Brown is ever going to get the message!  We need you people to step up and prove that you are real men who demand nothing short of World Championship excellence for your prime seat location game experience!

I'm a real man and I'm trying now to relocate to midfield seats, so, whatever.  Kinda tired of people here who never go to games for whatever reason telling people like myself that can afford the experience what to do with their time and money.  I like going and I'm going to keep going.  If my going further enables Mike's mismanagement of the team, then I might suggest you avoid the aggravation and find a new team to root for.

BTW, #1 Fan sits by the end zone, and I'm guessing he'd tell you pretty much what I just did.

(01-07-2018, 07:00 AM)Utts Wrote: Maybe try to enjoy attending games for more than the W-L?  Enjoy the experience. Eat some grub, drink some beers, and take in the world class athletes there in front of you. If you are buying season tickets on the condition that the team is winning all the time, then I think you're expectations are unrealistic.

When they're losing, you change your expectations and enjoy the game for what it is.  Some of the best times I've enjoyed at PBS were during losing seasons.  PDubs punt return TD during a freezing game at the end of a cap 2000 season comes to mind.  But regardless of how the team is playing, I enjoy the day with family and friends.
Reply/Quote
see ya....
don't let the door hit ya on the ass....
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 05:34 AM)Roland Wrote: I'm not sure what to make of this.  Are you arguing that the COA market I linked you to doesn't really exist? The sales data is right there.  Seats in my section and row have sold for over $1000 in the last six months.   Do you imagine that people buying COAs there never bothered to find out what was available through the ticket office?  Yes, there's no question that Bengals COAs are at all time low.  Probably only the top 10% of seats are worth anything and those don't trade often.

I think you're missing the point here.  I don't doubt that the tickets that you got in July would be worthless, or that they deferred (not comped) your COA.  The OP and others have claimed to be cancelling tickets that they purchased a decade or more ago.  Those people did pay COAs and if they've upgraded at all during the successive waves of people trying to teach Mike Brown a lesson, they may have good seats.

Even if they're not good enough to be worth something on the COA market, if they're at all good seats they'll resell and probably to a ticket broker.  That's been the biggest impact of all these "lessons" - more and more of the good seats held by ticket brokers.  

That's why in spite of having one of the best records in the NFL in this decade our stadium atmosphere has never been as good as it was in the previous decade.

The problem with the notion that you're going to prove a point by cancelling your tickets is that Mike Brown already knows that he just needs to win games to sell tickets.  He just doesn't agree with the things that you think he needs to do to win games. 

People can do what they want with their money and I don't fault anyone who doesn't enjoy going to games anymore for not renewing their tickets.  I do think it's pretty sad that people are so caught up in this whole echo chamber of everyone else's opinion that they can't even enjoy a winning season without being butt-clinched the whole time about what's going to happen when they go to the playoffs.

You know what, I just rethought all of this and changed my mind.   

Dear sir, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but... you've been duped on the COA thing......

YES, the website you linked me exists. However, they are lying about their brokerage of these COAs in the sense of anything recent and they are lying/misleading - or at the very least it is wayyyyyy outdated as to the information posted at the very top of the page you linked me, such as this...

(Copied and pasted directly from your link - I have BOLDED the misinformation and made notes in orange below each statement)

" What are Cincinnati Bengals COAs?A COA (Charter Ownership Agreement) is a license that must be purchased for most seating areas at Paul Brown Stadium.  A COA owner has the right to purchase season tickets from the ticket office each year.  "

They haven't charged for COAs for any seats in 5+ years. This information is outdated at best and has probably just been left up on the site over this entire time frame to induce people who... YES, haven't called the ticket office and are working off of old knowledge of having to buy a COA. The COA is basically given for free to any new season ticket holder. No one in their right mind would buy one via a website like this. At this point, it only serves people who have held on to their COA purchase/tickets over the years to be able to fleece someone out of their money. People buying tickets right next to your seats, should there not be a season ticket holder already there would NOT have to pay for a COA. Thus, this website is selling a "bill of goods".

" Why would I buy COAs on the Marketplace?In order to purchase season tickets, you are required to purchase COAs, but the Ticket Office is sold out for most seats.  You can purchase COAs from a current season ticket holder on the Marketplace and become the new season ticket holder for those exact seats for all future seasons. "

"Ticket Office is sold out for most seats". Someone should email these people and tell them it's not 2005 anymore and to update their info. But, if they did, I'm guessing they can't find uninformed people on the internet to sell this nonsense  (at this point, that's what a Bengals COA is) to.

Again, the COA is bascially given for free to any new season ticket holder. One hasn't been purchased directly from the Bengals in over half a decade. Why?????? The Bengals ranked 31st only bettering only the Charges [b] in attendance this season and that number has been dropping like a rock for years. The chargers, BTW, are only behind them in sheer volume due to their stadium only seating 21,000. The Bengals give these COAs away/don't charge for them because they have an abundance of supply and virtually NO demand.[/b] Attendance Link: http://www.espn.com/nfl/attendance/_/year/2017

So, no, sir, I do not believe for even a moment that COAs in your section have sold for $1,000 even in the last 6 years, let alone 6 months. It's just not believable unless a purchaser just had to have someone's specific seats for a weird/personal reason, or they were just a dope.

- As far as my seats go, I bought my tickets in July and went as high end as I could go without buying a luxury box. Club seats, 3 rows back on the 40 (209). There was no COA to buy. Yet, the website you linked states people are trying to sell their COA for $1000s for a similar section further back. WHO WOULD BUY THAT OR ANY COA via a 3rd party website when a simple call to the Bengals would give them the same or better seats and NO COA???? Especially given the fact that there are so many empty seats there for people to choose from. Again: 31st lowest attendance in the NFL.

Since the Bengals have the highest supply of empty seats in the NFL, it leads me to another thing... No ticket broker is getting rich off of buying up good Bengals season tickets. That makes no sense.

- Also, the Bengals are in the bottom half of NFL teams when it comes to wins over the last 10 years. Here's a link to data after the 2016 season. Add in 2017 and they have fallen from 14th to at least 19th. https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/every-nfl-teams-10-year-record-ranked-32-1-010417 . the atmosphere is on the Bengals to be the catalyst of and help create. Marvin Lewis does the opposite of creating a great atmosphere. A lack of a Bengals Hall of Fame or memorabilia on display does nothing. Losing on prime time and in the playoffs does nothing. Lack of  fan and season ticket holder interaction, appreciation, or benefits does nothing. The Bengals just launched a season ticket holder referral program... It's cheap and pathetic. Laughable, really. People want experiences for their many $1,000s of dollars. Not a T-shirt.

- Lastly, I enjoy the Bengals whether they win or lose and payoff success isn't a barometer for that to me. Those are bonus games. But I refuse to spend money on something where they aren't trying their best. The players are, but Mike Brown mailed it in with the Marvin rehire. It's lazy and cowardly and I'm not rewarding that with money. Most people know that due to shared revenue no buying tickets has no affect on the Brown family. I think it's the morality of throwing any amount of money into an organization who just won't put the work/money/commitment in to get better. A real man doesn't keep throwing money at a lazy businessman who figured out how to appease his client instead of thrill them. I think a real man has principals other than blind loyalty. The samurai died off many years ago.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 10:45 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: I'm a real man and I'm trying now to relocate to midfield seats, so, whatever.  Kinda tired of people here who never go to games for whatever reason telling people like myself that can afford the experience what to do with their time and money.  I like going and I'm going to keep going.  If my going further enables Mike's mismanagement of the team, then I might suggest you avoid the aggravation and find a new team to root for.

BTW, #1 Fan sits by the end zone, and I'm guessing he'd tell you pretty much what I just did.

Sarcasm

Sorry, that last part was entirely a joke.  We're on the exact same page.  Point being that if all those people would just "man up" and "take one for the team" then I could actually upgrade into those seats.  Which I'm told are entirely worthless.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote