Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seriously? A lion?
Hey I think it's uncool to trophy hunt, but come on. This dude's on the nightly news and the most hated guy in the world.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's crazy.   Also not his fault for the guides he hired.    

its super expensive to take a safari.   Everyone needs to lay off this guy.   He just hired bad people .
Reply/Quote
Lion Lives Matter
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Ever since I was little, I never could understand how someone could kill an animal just for sport. Hunting for food or survival is one thing, but anyways to comment on topic, his tough luck.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Absolutely no sympathy for the man. I'm fine with any and all repercussions that are coming his way. Hard to think of many "hobbies" as useless as big game hunting.

Kinda feel bad for his ex-patients that have to think of the possibility they unknowingly funded this crap.
Reply/Quote
Planned Parenthood and the government is so happy right now.

The news cycle averted a federally funded program selling tissue for money for a guy killing an old ass lion.

Well played media, well played
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2015, 09:55 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Absolutely no sympathy for the man. I'm fine with any and all repercussions that are coming his way. Hard to think of many "hobbies" as useless as big game hunting.

Kinda feel bad for his ex-patients that have to think of the possibility they unknowingly funded this crap.

No doubt, he's a dick.

If he wants to hunt then tell him to take as many deer as he wants. Safer roads, you can eat the meat, win-win. But to fly around the world and drop $50k to have a lion lured from its pack and its role as protector, to be half-ass wounded but not killed, and forced to roam for days in agony, just to have a ***** trophy? What a ******-up sense of entitlement and priorties.

Extradite his country ass to Zimbabwe and let justice be served.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2015, 09:56 PM)Slappy from New Haven Wrote: Planned Parenthood and the government is so happy right now.

The news cycle averted a federally funded program selling tissue for money for a guy killing an old ass lion.

Probably not, considering the state investigations in MA and IN just showed that there was no wrongdoing...but that's not on topic either here. 
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2015, 09:55 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Absolutely no sympathy for the man. I'm fine with any and all repercussions that are coming his way. Hard to think of many "hobbies" as useless as big game hunting.

Why is he being blamed for being duped by shady guides? If anything the dentist is the victim.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2015, 09:20 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Ever since I was little, I never could understand how someone could kill an animal just for sport. Hunting for food or survival is one thing, but anyways  to comment on topic, his tough luck.

I would love to go on an African Safari. Would be awesome to have a big head mounted on my wall.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2015, 09:56 PM)Slappy from New Haven Wrote: Planned Parenthood and the government is so happy right now.

Yeah the media has been looking for anything to distract from pp .... Not even sure why this Lion stuff is even a thing. Just ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2015, 11:48 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Why is he being blamed for being duped by shady guides?   If anything the dentist is the victim.

Oh please let's just agree that probably the lion is the victim.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2015, 08:38 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It's crazy.   Also not his fault for the guides he hired.    

its super expensive to take a safari.   Everyone needs to lay off this guy.   He just hired bad people .

I'd argue he DOES have a responsibility to vet who he hires.  Especially in this case you know there are plenty of scammers and unscrupulous people willing to provide your tour.

But Jimmy Kimmel cried.  I thought "are you ***** kidding me - is this real?!?".  I think this was wrong and unfortunate, but of everything else in the world THIS isn't going to bring a tear to my eye.
Reply/Quote
It could have been worse. It could have been a tiger.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/why-killing-a-lion-is-the-most-cowardly-thing-you-can-do#.isRaDdypZm
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2015, 09:17 AM)Interceptor Wrote: It could have been worse. It could have been a tiger.

Then tigers be all like "What the **** am I doing in Zimbabwe?" 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2015, 10:02 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: Then tigers be all like "What the **** am I doing in Zimbabwe?" 

Rep

I have no problem hunting if you will use the meat (like a deer hunter), or to control the population of some animals. But to trophy hunt is kind of useless. The age of that lion indicated he had very good genes to survive that long. Taking those top genes out of the gene pool hurts lions overall. And that's what trophy hunting does, takes the best animals out of the gene pool. Another unintended consequence is the repercussions for the cubs of that lion's pride. That male lion will no longer be there and other males will move in to claim those females. When they do, they will kill all the current cubs to bring the females back into heat. So not only did that hunter take any and all future genes of that lion out of existence, he also likely took out the current generation of those genes. Trophy hunting just blows overall.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2015, 09:59 AM)treee Wrote: http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/why-killing-a-lion-is-the-most-cowardly-thing-you-can-do#.isRaDdypZm

Not sure he understands the definition of coward.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2015, 05:29 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I'd argue he DOES have a responsibility to vet who he hires.  Especially in this case you know there are plenty of scammers and unscrupulous people willing to provide your tour.

But Jimmy Kimmel cried.  I thought "are you ***** kidding me - is this real?!?".  I think this was wrong and unfortunate, but of everything else in the world THIS isn't going to bring a tear to my eye.

Yes he does have that responsibility. And if there is a fine he should pay.. But other than a fine he should be clear. The outrage by others is just over the top.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2015, 10:28 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: No doubt, he's a dick.  

If he wants to hunt then tell him to take as many deer as he wants.  Safer roads, you can eat the meat, win-win.  But to fly around the world and drop $50k to have a lion lured from its pack and its role as protector, to be half-ass wounded but not killed, and forced to roam for days in agony, just to have a ***** trophy?  What a *****-up sense of entitlement and priorties.  

Extradite his country ass to Zimbabwe and let justice be served.

Boom!
Reply/Quote