Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seriously? A lion?
Savages hunt elephants. Smirk
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 08:41 PM)jason Wrote: Savages hunt elephants. Smirk

Haha savages can't afford trophy hunting

That's all about my White Priviledge Wink
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 09:58 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Haha savages can't afford trophy hunting

That's all about my White Priviledge    Wink

They say the ivory tusks can raise quite a sum $$$
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 10:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: They say the ivory tusks can raise quite a sum $$$

This reminds me. I saw a report from the Miami airport where they confiscate the ivory that is taken by poachers. The gov destroys the ivory instead of selling it and using those funds to find more violators. I don't see why destroying them and creating more of a market need makes sense.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 10:31 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This reminds me.   I saw a report from the Miami airport where they confiscate the ivory that is taken by poachers.   The gov destroys the ivory instead of selling it and using those funds to find more violators.    I don't see why destroying them and creating more of a market need makes sense.

Yeah, that approach has worked so well with drugs, right?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 07:58 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I have always wanted to go... But it will be on a hunt if I do go.   I have always wanted to shoot an elephant.

Make sure you find a tame one with a radio collar, lure it out of a National Park, shoot it, then claim you were relying on your guides to tell you that was illegal.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 12:01 AM)Beaker Wrote: Make sure you find a tame one with a radio collar, lure it out of a National Park, shoot it, then claim you were relying on your guides to tell you that was illegal.

Oh I will haha. I have watched enough locked up abroad to make sure I do my homework and be referred by someone I trust. Besides I have two young ones so I can't afford this for many years.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 10:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, that approach has worked so well with drugs, right?

Makes no sense to destroy it though... Not gonna bring the elephants back. And the need fkr th the ivory will still be there, so more will die. I would rather someone enjoy it than have it destroyed. At least the death wouldn't be a total waste.

War on drugs is totally different. No one is dependent on ivory for their high.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 07:58 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I have always wanted to go... But it will be on a hunt if I do go.   I have always wanted to shoot an elephant.

Meh. I grew up hunting. There isn't much in North America I haven't hunted. I don't see the desire to shoot exotic — and many times endangered — species when there are so many game here that are a challenge. Hunting an elephant is just a case of having enough money. 
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 01:00 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Makes no sense to destroy it though... Not gonna bring the elephants back.  And the need fkr th the ivory will still be there, so more will die.    I would rather someone enjoy it than have it destroyed.    At least the death wouldn't be a total waste.  

War on drugs is totally different.   No one is dependent on ivory for their high.

how would one "enjoy"  an ivory tusk? 
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 11:52 AM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: how would one "enjoy"  an ivory tusk? 

Lots and lots of lube.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 10:31 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This reminds me.   I saw a report from the Miami airport where they confiscate the ivory that is taken by poachers.   The gov destroys the ivory instead of selling it and using those funds to find more violators.    I don't see why destroying them and creating more of a market need makes sense.

Because the government selling it then creates a market for it.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 12:04 PM)Benton Wrote: Because the government selling it then creates a market for it.

It fills a need. If you destroy it the. The need still exists. Yes there will always be a market.
Reply/Quote

As much as you're against abortion, I'm having a hard time understanding that if you were given the opportunity that you'd want to go kill an elephant...just for the sake of killing it?!?!   Makes zero sense.  I understand hunting for food, but you're not going to eat a ***** elephant.

#lives matter I don't care if they're elephants, babies, lions, or cheetahs.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2015, 02:17 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: As much as you're against abortion, I'm having a hard time understanding that if you were given the opportunity that you'd want to go kill an elephant...just for the sake of killing it?!?!   Makes zero sense.  I understand hunting for food, but you're not going to eat a ***** elephant.

#lives matter I don't care if they're elephants, babies, lions, or cheetahs.

I'm sure some Africans would eat the meat.   It's not like I am Gonna chop the head off and leave the body to rot.

I would bring the meat back if I could afford that haha probably would be eating elephant for a while.
Reply/Quote
Why is it that when a guy shoots a lion it is the guy's fault, but when a guy shoots a person it is the gun's fault, or a flag's fault?
Reply/Quote
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/05/opinion/in-zimbabwe-we-dont-cry-for-lions.html

Dude was getting texts saying 'Sorry about Cecil" and "Did Cecil live by your village?" What the hell is wrong with people?

One of the protestors in the pic is holding a sign reading, "I am Cecil." Really? It's that dear to you?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2015, 04:39 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I'm sure some Africans would eat the meat.   It's not like I am Gonna chop the head off and leave the body to rot.

I would bring the meat back if I could afford that haha  probably would be eating elephant for a while.

Wonder if there is a market for elephant organs?  At least then you could save other elephants. And you could still have a cool mount.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2015, 01:18 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: And you could still have a cool mount.

I have a cool mount...

...I love my wife.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2015, 01:18 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Wonder if there is a market for elephant organs?  At least then you could save other elephants. And you could still have a cool mount.

As long as you only charge what it costs you to harvest and transport them it should be legal
Reply/Quote