Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sewell Day.....
Looks like Zac, Duke and Frank will all be in attendance. Evidently I have lost the NFL channel, so any updates are appreciated.
Reply/Quote
I don’t think NFL Network is covering Oregon’s pro day anyway. At least not like they did Florida and LSU.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I have AT&T, and hadn't realized they dropped the channel until I tried to find it the other day. I only really watch it during Thursday Night Football and during the pre draft activities.....
Reply/Quote
I thought AT&T and Directv were the same thing? Directv still has it.

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 11:47 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I thought AT&T and Directv were the same thing? Directv still has it.

It was dropped from AT&T U-Verse and AT&T Now (I have Now), and Direct TV Now.

AT&T Pulls NFL Network Off DirecTV Now, U-verse Amid Sunday Ticket Talks - Variety
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 11:25 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I have AT&T, and hadn't realized they dropped the channel until I tried to find it the other day. I only really watch it during Thursday Night Football and during the pre draft activities.....

Well that's for one more year. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
bench press 30

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 04:37 PM)pally Wrote: bench press 30

Wide body, with large hands.  Can't train that..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 04:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Wide body, with large hands.  Can't train that..

short arms though

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 05:05 PM)pally Wrote: short arms though

Doesn't seem to matter.  Take a look at this.  https://www.pff.com/news/does-arm-length-affect-ot-play  Very good break down several impressive graphs.  Nice colors.  

Quote:It’s often argued that guys with longer arms are better able to keep defenders at bay and that a player with short arms simply can’t be successful. This is especially confusing when considering that there is no real consensus on what are considered “long” or “short” arms. I quite often see a scouting report where 34” arms are called long, while 33 ¼” arms are considered short by the same scouting service. Look at a ruler and measure out ¾ of an inch. Does it seem logical that such a small distance makes such a big difference in holding off defenders?

With that in mind, I decided to look at PFF data to see how much of a difference arm length truly makes in offensive lineman performance. If the popular narrative is correct, there should be a significant drop-off somewhere between 33 and 34 inches.

**  snip**

Any way I break it down, there doesn’t seem to be any correlation between arm length and performance.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 05:05 PM)pally Wrote: short arms though

Same arm length as Reiff at the combine. I'm sure he'll be fine.
Reply/Quote
Underwhelming burst drills.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 05:18 PM)Synric Wrote: Underwhelming burst drills.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Testing out really similar to Jonah so far, other than bench. Jonah had 23 reps, 28 vert and 8’4 broad.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 05:18 PM)Synric Wrote: Underwhelming burst drills.

Jonah Williams had 28 vert, 8'4" broad jump, and 23 bench reps
Mike McGlinchey was 28.5 vert, 8'9" broad jump, and 24 bench reps.
Trent Willaims had 34.5" vert, 9'5" broad jump, and 23 bench reps.

So he is in good company, but he better blow the movement drills out of the water if he wants to be the 1st OT taken, let alone a top 5.  Slater crushed his movement skills.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
I can feel that Chase pick coming! Lol
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 05:35 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I can feel that Chase pick coming! Lol

If Sewell tests badly it gives more incentive to any team behind the Bengals who love chase to slip up to 4.  The Falcons have as many holes as the Bengals and could use the picks.  As Bengal fans you know what is like to sit there on draft draft day and watch aggressive teams skip in front of  you for the player the Bengals are clearly targeting.

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 05:39 PM)Burma Wrote: If Sewell tests badly it gives more incentive to any team behind the Bengals who love chase to slip up to 4.  The Falcons have as many holes as the Bengals and could use the picks.  As Bengal fans you know what is like to sit there on draft draft day and watch aggressive teams skip in front of  you for the player the Bengals are clearly targeting.

Then they will target Pitts. Still a VERY good player
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 05:42 PM)pally Wrote:

Holy **** that 10 yard split looked damn fast (the 2nd cone from the top). I tried to put a timer on it and i got 1.65 seconds (yeah it's not entirely accurate, just a rough measurement) but that would have in the neighborhood of the fastest 10 yard for all OL at the combine last year. Tristan Wirfs ran a 1.69 split and Austin Jackson had a 1.73.  Average was like 1.8

I really hope they release the official split time. Pitts had a freakish 1.5 for his size.

Reply/Quote
If Tra Deback is there I’m going that route
Reply/Quote