Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Sewell or trade with QB needy teams?
Matt Minich posted a breakdown of Penei Sewell in CincyJungle today. He mentions he would like to see Sewell on the Right Side because he is a strong run blocker and run plays tend to go to the right.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/12/2/21755176/bengals-penei-sewell-highlights-oregon-ducks-football-nfl-draft
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 04:59 PM)Jpoore Wrote: But again getting journeyman guards isn’t what we need. We made the dumbass decision to resign mixon. U do that u need a running game. U won’t get it there. If u draft Sewell, the oline will be the exact same as it is this year. Absolutely ass.
No he’s an upgrade but it still wouldn’t chang ether problem of the oline.
Burrow was and is way down the list. He isn’t better than mahomes. He’s not better than lawrence he’s not better than fields, etc etc. all y’all were calling him a generational prospect when he damn sure wasn’t better than luck. Also it wasn’t a talent issue with Murray. I thought teams would look at the baseball aspect. Also tua is qb1 and time will prove I’m right. And yeah sure looks great to grab burrow now Sinatra’s of trading back, LIKE I SAID and get tua or Herbert.

I have never welched on a bet in my life. Furthermore no I wouldn’t Sewell is a tackle. We could get a haul. And Sewell would do nothing to improve the oline. Sure tackle position is better. Guess what. Burrow has 30 sacks at his point next year instead of 30 Bc 90 percent of pressures have come through the interior. . Unless the plan is to play Sewell at guard then yeah take Sewell.

How much time will it take to prove you right about Braxton Miller and Lamar Jackson?

(10-24-2017, 08:08 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Lamar would be a horrible pick. He's basically a less athletic braxon Miller. He's horribly inconsistent, displays no touch or accuracy, and All he wants to do is run.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 06:57 PM)Synric Wrote: Matt Minich posted a breakdown of Penei Sewell in CincyJungle today. He mentions he would like to see Sewell on the Right Side because he is a strong run blocker and run plays tend to go to the right.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/12/2/21755176/bengals-penei-sewell-highlights-oregon-ducks-football-nfl-draft

interesting i have read commentary that has he is better at pass blocking not run blocking..  I think Williams as really a rookie is having a solid year and im not sure if i would move him out of L tackle until I see Sewell practice on the pro level.   To me Williams has LT until Sewell shows he is better there. 
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2020, 02:39 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: How much time will it take to prove you right about Braxton Miller and Lamar Jackson?

Hows Lamar playing this year again? Like a bottom 10 qb? Displaying no touch or accuracy? Hmm....
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2020, 09:47 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Hows Lamar playing this year again? Like a bottom 10 qb? Displaying no touch or accuracy? Hmm....

He won an MVP at 22 years old...

Is Braxton Miller even in the league?

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2020, 09:47 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Hows Lamar playing this year again? Like a bottom 10 qb? Displaying no touch or accuracy? Hmm....

How is Braxton Miller playing this year?
Reply/Quote

Better than Dwayne Haskins.
Reply/Quote

Like a less athletic Braxton Miller?

LMFAO
Reply/Quote

While you may be right, the guy won a friggin' MVP last year and put up insane stats.

I too think teams have him figured out and he won't have another year like he did last year, but you can't defend your hill after you've already been blown up.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Sewell on tge right would be pretty boss. He has the length to be. a LT but he has issues when it comes to making contact in pass blocking. Needs good coaching to get him out of phantom steps, needs to keep his legs moving at all times and hand placement to make tge first punch. He is a special talent though
Reply/Quote

So you are saying Burrow and him played at bottom 10 QBs  this season since outside of yards similar passing numbers...  Lamar 15 tds 6 ints 94 rating. Burrow 13 tds 5 ints and 89 rating
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2020, 09:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He won an MVP at 22 years old...

Is Braxton Miller even in the league?
Braxton Miller was still the more athletic player. Has nothing to do with qb skill.
(12-04-2020, 12:23 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: How is Braxton Miller playing this year?

(12-04-2020, 12:37 AM)Whatever Wrote: Better than Dwayne Haskins.
U sure about that?
Reply/Quote
Yeah, you definitely draft Sewell here. Protect Burrow for the next decade. If things go to plan, we aren't drafting this high for a long time--making it unlikely we have another shot at a legit LT/RT. Even if they like their two tackles, draft a 3rd and we could kick one in at guard like we did with Whit for the first few years. I'd be fine with Sewell on the left or right side. Williams on the Left, Sewell on the right or visa versa. Unless they wanna kick Sewell in to guard?

I'm wondering if we did beat the Cowboys if they would draft Sewell ahead of us or go with a CB like Kiper predicted they would take at 5? They have a lot of solid OTs on their team already and defense is a bigger issue with them, as well as the health of their oline.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2020, 06:42 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Yeah, you definitely draft Sewell here. Protect Burrow for the next decade. If things go to plan, we aren't drafting this high for a long time--making it unlikely we have another shot at a legit LT/RT. Even if they like their two tackles, draft a 3rd and we could kick one in at guard like we did with Whit for the first few years. I'd be fine with Sewell on the left or right side. Williams on the Left, Sewell on the right or visa versa. Unless they wanna kick Sewell in to guard?

I'm wondering if we did beat the Cowboys if they would draft Sewell ahead of us or go with a CB like Kiper predicted they would take at 5? They have a lot of solid OTs on their team already and defense is a bigger issue with them, as well as the health of their oline.

Dallas would 100% take Sewell at 3.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2020, 06:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dallas would 100% take Sewell at 3.

Yeah I’m sure you’re right. Hoping they win. They could also win another game late in the year to drop in the draft order. I kinda wanna watch the game just to see what will happen with the draft position and with Zac as HC. Every week I’ve been asking Hobson if he thinks it’s time for a new head coach, he hasn’t responded yet. Lol Is it wrong to want to see Zac unravel as a coach? At this point it’s all there is to look forward to (his potential firing).
Reply/Quote
Justin Fields did us no favors today. I don't think anyone is willing to give up much to move up and get him
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
So who we taking if JAX grabs Sewell and no one wants to trade up with us for any of the QB’s?

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2020, 09:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So who we taking if JAX grabs Sewell and no one wants to trade up with us for any of the QB’s?

I wouldn't be against Chase, Smith, or Waddle at that point tbh. I know the WR group is good, but I don't think there is a truly dynamic guy in the room like those guys are. The lack of separation has been almost as big a problem as protection as far as the deep ball goes.

Rousseau would have to be in play as well. I think the Jags are still going to go Fields almost no matter what though.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2020, 09:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So who we taking if JAX grabs Sewell and no one wants to trade up with us for any of the QB’s?

Imo a DE or receiver.  I don't know if Pitts is in play here, but I wouldn't mind that either.
Reply/Quote

Ja'Marr Chase.
Reply/Quote