Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Zac Taylor Future
As others have mentioned, my biggest fear is this turns into Dave Shula situation. We suffered through a record of 19–52 waiting for him to show he could coach well. Meanwhile, there are some coaches who are so good that they can come in and significantly improve a team in a single year. They get wins out of bad players. I believe Mike Zimmer was that sort of coach.

I'd be up for hiring Eric Bieniemy to be the head coach in 2021 if we don't see significant improvement from the team -- including winning close games. And no, injuries aren't an excuse. The Steelers got to .500 with a bunch of nobodies.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis was a huge improvement over Richard LeBeau but Zac Taylor is not an improvement over Marvin Lewis. Zac may have had an amazing interview but the Front Office chose the wrong guy. I see regress, not progress.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Sorry ass shoulda already been shown the door
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2020, 06:53 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Marvin Lewis was a huge improvement over Richard LeBeau but Zac Taylor is not an improvement over Marvin Lewis.  Zac may have had an amazing interview but the Front Office chose the wrong guy.  I see regress, not progress.

I had a feeling this was gonna happen.   Branched out coaches worked in the past and from really GREAT, ESTABLISHED HC, who persevered for years as disciples.   Zac  has so little relevant experience and the fact that he runs the offense poorly, makes him even a worse coach.

I can see Burrow pressure the Brown family to get him a better coach, maybe one like he had in LSU.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2020, 06:53 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Marvin Lewis was a huge improvement over Richard LeBeau but Zac Taylor is not an improvement over Marvin Lewis.  Zac may have had an amazing interview but the Front Office chose the wrong guy.  I see regress, not progress.

Yep.  It's been 18 games but I'm comfortable with my prediction.  Dude will be a bust.  Talks a big game and that's it.  

I'm sick of talk.  Start winning games.    
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Dave Shula 2.0. He carried Sean McVays brief case for 2 years and the Rams have one good year and hes the best coach around. Bs hire at the time and still is. 2-16 and counting
Reply/Quote