Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Shefter: AJ Green will miss some games
Not sure if y’all heard but he’s gonna miss some games. There goes our season! I’m sure Marvin will get another extension though
Reply/Quote
And you’re probably loving it!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
The bad part of all the injuries is they are an excuse that will be used over the offseason...for the likes of Austin.

"We only had Burfict part of the season." "Vigil was injured."

AJ Green is a HUGE loss. He was hurt last year too. Hopefully this doesn't become a pattern...but at 30 years old...this kind of stuff starts to happen.
Reply/Quote
Are the Steelers gonna catch any of this injury bug anytime soon that seems to have plagued us... again!!??
I think Roethelisberger is due for a MAJOR injury.

...this sucks.
Reply/Quote
I swear this team is cursed
Reply/Quote
The pessimist in me says Ross was taken too high because he was meant to eventually take AJ's spot. Perhaps we will see a glimpse of the future here....bogus.
Reply/Quote
How soon can we draft Tagovailoa? We need to start looking at a rebuild.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
So our options are Tyler Boyd or Tyler Boyd.

This is terrible news.
Reply/Quote
This sux and is another major blow.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 01:27 AM)Go Cards Wrote: This sux and is another major blow.

Yes, but the season isn’t lost yet!
Reply/Quote
No way they win next 2 games without AJ. 9-7 and #6 seed may be the best-case scenario at this point, and I not sure if that doable or not with all the injuries.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2018, 11:10 PM)Trademark Wrote: Not sure if y’all heard but he’s gonna miss some games. There goes our season! I’m sure Marvin will get another extension though
I read ESPN says Green may miss some games.  The key words being may and some.  Nobody is saying out for the season.  He is expected to see doctors early this week to look at his foot.  

Meanwhile I say at 5-3 the team needs to hang in until his return.  We have Boyd.  Hopefully Ross is healthy and ready to help out.  We also have Malone, Erickson.  I'm also hoping Price, Boling, Bernard, Kroft ready to return to the offense.  SO GO BENGALS.  

Saints coming into Cincinnati. The good news is Saints are tougher in New Orleans Super Dome than they are on the road every season. That the game is in The Cincinnati Jungle helps. They lose their loud crowd of 12th man on Defense. It is a huge schedule help that they play in Cincinnati. The 5-3 Bengals must get wins in The Jungle. Every team must win at home if they want to have a good season. So far the Bengals at home have beat Baltimore and Miami and lost in last seconds to Steelers. So The Bengals have played Tough at Home.

With or With Out Green, Go to 6-3 Sunday in THE JUNGLE. The win before the bye week helped also. A win over Saints means Bengals finish 3-1 against NFC South. All 4 of those teams are hard games, so 3-1 against them would be great.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 03:40 AM)kevin Wrote: I read ESPN says Green may miss some games.  The key words being may and some.  Nobody is saying out for the season.  He is expected to see doctors early this week to look at his foot.  

Meanwhile I say at 5-3 the team needs to hang in until his return.  We have Boyd.  Hopefully Ross is healthy and ready to help out.  We also have Malone, Erickson.  I'm also hoping Price, Boling, Bernard, Kroft ready to return to the offense.  SO GO BENGALS.  

Saints coming into Cincinnati.  The good news is Saints are tougher in New Orleans Super Dome than they are on the road every season.  That the game is in The Cincinnati Jungle helps.  They lose their loud crowd of 12th man on Defense.  It is a huge schedule help that they play in Cincinnati.  The 5-3 Bengals must get wins in The Jungle. Every team must win at home if they want to have a good season.  So far the Bengals at home have beat Baltimore and Miami and lost in last seconds to Steelers.  So The Bengals have played Tough at Home.

With or With Out Green,  Go to 6-3 Sunday in THE JUNGLE.  The win before the bye week helped also.  A win over Saints means Bengals finish 3-1 against NFC South.  All 4 of those teams are hard games, so 3-1 against them would be great.
Our Bengals are done,its over again.The Saints are going to slam Cincy,and its going to be ugly,they are laughing super hard as coming here to embarrass cincy is a for sure win.Cincy is no where close to being a team that can beat a super bowl team like this saints team.I see a 41 to 10 score.Dalton is going to want out of here after this season.I so am disappointed is this team again this year,fifty years and counting.you cannot make this stuff up,folks.again,another really really bad team,and Marvin Lewis is still here.Its so insane. LMAO Sick Cry
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 12:30 AM)Shady Wrote: How soon can we draft Tagovailoa? We need to start looking at a rebuild.

Not till 2020.....don’t worry we’ll pass on him, just like we did Mahomes.
Reply/Quote
I would've sent a 4th round pick to the Raiders and gotten Lafell back. I'd tell him that if he wants to be released we can do so after Green is back and he can go be a Raider again. Otherwise he could stay the rest of the season with us and I'd cut Core to make roster room.

Obviously this would be a windfall for the Raiders. Their season is over and they get a free pick for a player they didn't even draft. We get a legit starting WR to play opposite of Tyler Boyd. I'm not saying it would guarantee any wins but it would improve the odds in a bad situation. I'm already looking past New Orleans whom I think will beat us and on to the away game at Baltimore. Win that and we're very likely to get a wildcard spot (which will be a game against Houston or Pittsburgh...hurray?) assuming we beat the teams on the rest of our schedule that we are supposed to beat (Browns, Browns, Raiders, Broncos).

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 07:51 AM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Our Bengals are done,its over again.The Saints are going to slam Cincy,and its going to be ugly,they are laughing super hard as coming here to embarrass cincy is a for sure win.Cincy is no where close to being a team that can beat a super bowl team like this saints team.I see a 41 to 10 score.Dalton is going to want out of here after this season.I so am disappointed is this team again this year,fifty years and counting.you cannot make this stuff up,folks.again,another really really bad team,and Marvin Lewis is still here.Its so insane. LMAO Sick Cry

This is typical of a lot of the wimpy fans on here.  I shouldn't even call them fans.  All my life Bengal fans have wimped out every year under any adversity.  They expect it all to be easy, no injuries and all easy games.  Very wimpy for football fans. Again, I hate to call them fans when they act so wimpy every year. Luckily THE TEAM has more backbone than these wimpy fans.  The team has shown NO QUIT in other years after the fans quit. Thank God the Team is not as wimpy as these fans. The fans QUIT on this team in 2012 at 3-5, but our team never QUIT and made play-offs. This years team is 5-3 and yet the wimpy fans are QUITTING. The team is much better than the fans are.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 01:51 AM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: No way they win next 2 games without AJ.  9-7 and #6 seed may be the best-case scenario at this point, and I not sure if that doable or not with all the injuries.

The AFC is weak this year. The Steelers are going to win the division so that's one playoff spot. The Patriots, Chiefs , Texans and Chargers will take the other spots leaving one more. Right now, we are the #6 seed. Looking at the rest of the conference, I think we still have a decent shot. The only competition (right now) is the Dolphins (whom we own the tie-breaker with), the Ravens (who are in a free-fall and probably will own the tie-breaker with as well), Titans (who are 3-4 now but can get hot) and possibly the Jags (3-5 now but have Blake Bortles). 

Bengals should beat the Browns once, Raiders and Broncos. That puts them at 8-8.

Dolphins at 5-4 now will lose to the Packers, Vikings, Patriots. They can go 9-7 but will probably lose once to either the Colts, Bills (x2) and Jags.

Ravens at 4-5 now will lose to the Chiefs, Chargers and Falcons (and hey, maybe us again). That puts them at no better than 8-8.

Titans at 3-4 will lose to the Cowboys, Patriots, Texans and Redskins. That puts them at 8-8.

Jags at 3-5 will lose to the Steelers, Titans, Redskins and Texans. That puts them at 7-9. 

So yes, there is always one team that gets hot late and I could see the Titans possibly doing it. But right now, we keep rooting against them, the Dolphins and Ravens. 

No matter what; if the Bengals take care of their own business they will make the playoffs. So what if they lose to the Saints, who are by far a better team? Come out and win the AFC games. 
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2018, 11:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The bad part of all the injuries is they are an excuse that will be used over the offseason...for the likes of Austin.

"We only had Burfict part of the season." "Vigil was injured."

AJ Green is a HUGE loss. He was hurt last year too. Hopefully this doesn't become a pattern...but at 30 years old...this kind of stuff starts to happen.

Sooooo dead on...

The first excuse your going to hear is  "If we had AJ and Vigil we would've demolished the Saints"

I mean while were at it the reason we lost 3 games so far this year is because Vigil cut his rat tail. Imagine how good we'd be if he didn't cut it? Unstoppable!
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 10:22 AM)GodFather Wrote: Sooooo dead on...

The first excuse your going to hear is  "If we had AJ and Vigil we would've demolished the Saints"

I mean while were at it the reason we lost 3 games so far this year is because Vigil cut his rat tail. Imagine how good we'd be if he didn't cut it? Unstoppable!
so dead on WIMPY

You people are the most wimpy fans in all of football.  I like the team, so I will say GO BENGALS, but you fans are wimpy. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The bengals were probably not going to beat the saints anyways and I think we can beat the ravens without him. Even a loss on Sunday will leave us still in the 6 spot so no sense in letting this bother us.
Reply/Quote