Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should LaFell be re-signed?
He has 51 catches for 665 yards and 5 TD's. 
Had at least 3 catches in 10 of the 14 games.
Has 3rd highest catch % of his career.
He's remained healthy and played every game. 

So, would you like to see him brought back, or would you rather go another route?
Reply/Quote
I would definitely bring him back on a 1-2 year deal at a similar salary. He's been solid and you can never have too many weapons. This would give Core more time to develop. I would still want to grab a good deep threat WR high but this isn't a crazy deep class and I don't see us picking one in the first so we will probably need to wait until next year to get our outside WR. Maybe Core will have shown something by that point and we won't need to spend a high pick on one.

Overall though he has been about as good as I expected and would be worth keeping around because there isn't a lot out there to replace him with.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I dunno, who is available on the WR FA market?  Overall, I'm pleased with him, but if there's a burner available, why not?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 05:22 PM)Wyche Wrote: I dunno, who is available on the WR FA market?  Overall, I'm pleased with him, but if there's a burner available, why not?

Don't think it has to be an either or situation. He is on a very affordable contract for even a #4 WR.
Reply/Quote
For similar money we'd be silly not to. He may want to test the market, but it's probably not looking too hard for a 30 year old WR2.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
solid player and should be re-signed for a fair price. One year deal.
Reply/Quote
Absolutely. You can tell Andy and him became more comfortable as the season progressed. Lafell was solid this year.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Yes, he seems to be a favorite of our Ginger Genius, will come cheap and has done a nice job

Bring him back
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
I'm ok with re-signing him, or letting him walk and giving those snaps to someone on the roster.

He's done well enough to keep. But at some point (and given the way this season has gone, it should have been this year), you've got to push young guys out of the nest.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Marvin picked option C, let LaFell walk and signed some other vet as opposed to giving more snaps to someone already here. Whatever
Reply/Quote
He's proven to be a dependable, consistent WR2 and a great bargain at $2.5 mill this year. The real question is, "What should the Bengals be willing to pay to retain him?"

It wouldn't make sense on his part to accept $2.5 million again unless he gets no better offers the first few weeks of FA.
LaFell is just as productive as Sanu, who received $6.5 million last offseason. However, LaFell is 30 years old whereas Sanu is in the prime of his career.

1-2 years at $5 mill per would probably be the max I would say is worth it. I think $4 mill a year would be fair and team-friendly.

Then draft a mid-round WR with speed that can be used as more of a deep threat in the first year or two with the plan to develop him as a WR2/3 by his third year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 05:27 PM)Au165 Wrote: Don't think it has to be an either or situation. He is on a very affordable contract for even a #4 WR.

Good point.....

Reply/Quote
100 percent yes.

Reply/Quote
Hell yes.... I was a critic coming out of camp, but he has proven me wrong. He's solid.
Reply/Quote
I'd be willing to resign him in all honesty. I hope that the offense moves him around more and actually uses him in the slot as well. He excelled there a few years back.

So far he has the 3rd most yards of his career (665). 2nd most receptions (51). And tied for 2nd most TDs (5).
He's done well here as a #2 and deserves more looks his way. He's also shown to beat defenses deep.

I'm a huge Tyler Boyd fan and think he's our future #2. But I think LaFell earned another year. He's been a solid #2 for us.

There are some other FA WRs next year.
Alshon Jefferey
Pierre Garcon
Kenny Britt
Kamar Aiken
Robert Woods
Kenny Stills

Just to name a few.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 07:06 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I'd be willing to resign him in all honesty. I hope that the offense moves him around more and actually uses him in the slot as well. He excelled there a few years back.

So far he has the 3rd most yards of his career (665). 2nd most receptions (51). And tied for 2nd most TDs (5).
He's done well here as a #2 and deserves more looks his way. He's also shown to beat defenses deep.

I'm a huge Tyler Boyd fan and think he's our future #2. But I think LaFell earned another year. He's been a solid #2 for us.

There are some other FA WRs next year.
Alshon Jefferey
Pierre Garcon
Kenny Britt
Kamar Aiken
Robert Woods
Kenny Stills

Just to name a few.

Pretty nice list......Garcon is a fighter and decent sized target.  4.4 40, but he was a track athlete as well.  I wouldn't mind taking a look at him....

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 04:33 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: He has 51 catches for 665 yards and 5 TD's. 
Had at least 3 catches in 10 of the 14 games.
Has 3rd highest catch % of his career.
He's remained healthy and played every game. 

So, would you like to see him brought back, or would you rather go another route?

I'm for bringing him back unless he wants Super Star Pay that would kill our salary cap to get and keep other players. ....He is making some nice catches......We can't just have a one trick pony in AJ Green. Good Defenses STOP that. ....If we lose him, we have to go out and get a guy to replace him. I say just keep him if we can.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Yes, as long as he wants to compete for a job. He has exceeded my expectations heading into the season, seems to have built a repoire with Andy, and seems fairly durable. To me, he seems like an asset, that would be a waste to just throw away.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'm thinking that it'd be a really good idea to keep him around unless another team offers a staggering amount of money.  Dalton has had so many of his receiving threats and coordinators sniped, so having that continuity would be good.  
Reply/Quote
LaFell at 1yr/$2.5m is a good deal.

LaFell in FA at like 3yr/$18m is not a good deal.

I'm pretty sure it'll be much closer to the latter than the former this coming season. The guy just vanishes too much during the season. He has 8 games of under 40 yards receiving this year. That's 8 out of 14 games so far where he's not done much of anything. 4 of his 5 TDs have come on the 6 games he had over 40 yards, so totally vanished for those 8 games.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Bring him back, he's dependable.
Reply/Quote