Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Trading McCarron Be Considered?
This feels like when the Reds absolutely botched trading Chapman.

Either Hue Jackson saves our ass and gives us some good picks or we missed our best chance to get good value.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 12:41 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: This feels like when the Reds absolutely botched trading Chapman.

Either Hue Jackson saves our ass and gives us some good picks or we missed our best chance to get good value.

I just don't think Hue is going to be able to convince the new FO who seems to value pick quantity over all else to trade for McCarron.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't see the Browns giving up on the RG3 experiment just yet.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 01:50 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I just don't think Hue is going to be able to convince the new FO who seems to value pick quantity over all else to trade for McCarron.

Bigger issues is trading to team in same conference
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 12:30 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Man if we get that or better, I'll be thrilled. No offense to Mac, but wow. I bet that team was the Browns, considering they didn't really nab a QB last year. I just wonder if they'd still be interested when they have the #1 overall pick. I'd take their 33rd overall pick in a heartbeat. 

Don't the Browns have two first round picks next year?
Reply/Quote
Still feel the way I did last year. We need and can get a first rounder for him and if we are talking the Browns I want kings ransom.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 12:04 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Still feel the way I did last year. We need and can get a first rounder for him and if we are talking the Browns I want kings ransom.

McCarron has not shown that he would be worth a first round pick.

The recent trades for back ups that I can recall (Schaub, Kolb, Feeley) did not involve giving up a first round pick.

Has there been one where a team gave up a first round pick that I am missing?
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 12:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: McCarron has not shown that he would be worth a first round pick.

The recent trades for back ups that I can recall (Schaub, Kolb, Feeley) did not involve giving up a first round pick.

Has there been one where a team gave up a first round pick that I am missing?
Lets just agree to disagree and skip the song and dance.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 04:03 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Don't the Browns have two first round picks next year?

They do, but I believe their other 1st rounder is high in the round also. I can't envision them parting with it. The 33rd pick may as well be a 1st rounder though, so I'd snap that right up. If they're dumb enough to part with the first rounder I'd be ecstatic but I don't think that's likely.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
If he is not traded he leaves next year and the team gets nothing except a comp pick. I would look to the Broncos (1st or 2nd round pick), Jets (2nd round pick), and even the 49ers (2nd round pick) especially if they hire Josh McDaniel's. The Browns would be last choice simply because they are within the division and I particularly do not want to face him twice a year.

[Image: sig.jpg]

[Image: monkeysridingdogsherdingsheep1.gif?w=1000]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 02:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: They do, but I believe their other 1st rounder is high in the round also. I can't envision them parting with it. The 33rd pick may as well be a 1st rounder though, so I'd snap that right up. If they're dumb enough to part with the first rounder I'd be ecstatic but I don't think that's likely.

Yeah, the Browns have the 1st and the 12th pick of the draft. If they just gave us a 1st and maybe a conditional pick for 2018 I would love it. I would love their 2nd round  pick too. I hope that we trade McCarron and get some good draft picks for him. It would be a steal.
Reply/Quote