Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Trenton Irwin Stick?
(11-21-2022, 04:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: And his block on one of the Perine TD's and getting a TD himself. Yes, Irwin should stick around over Mike Thomas.

Burrow likes the guy clearly.

Burrow is highly accurate, and likes people who catch the ball. I still can’t get Thomas’s stone cold drop the first game of the season.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 04:01 PM)RiverRat13 Wrote: I'd rather see Irwin than Thomas.  But TLL is right - they need to be intentional in finding better options at WR4 and WR5 in the offseason.

I agree. But right now, with Thomas and Irwin on the roster...i don't see a reason why Irwin shouldn't be promoted ahead of Thomas, starting this week. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Michael Thomas has been waived. I think we found our answer.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 04:19 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Michael Thomas has been waived. I think we found our answer.

.....and it's the correct answer.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 11:53 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Exactly.  And, to be fair, it is one of the only black eyes...

Still, he sucks on ST as well.  He always misses as the gunner, never breaks down, flies by the ball carrier.  And he alligator-armed a sure TD week 1 against pitt.  Screw him, has no business being here.  

Not really..... Simmons has a big say in these matters when it comes to guys on teams. I'd say he got the job initially because of familiarity with Zac, and probably stuck because he has historically been a good STs guy. This year, he has not .....and is terrible on offense. Be it Zac or Simmons, someone held on too long, but the situation has been rectified. Thomas was waived today.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 01:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Which is why I didn't say to replace Thomas and Morgan from the team. I understand ST matters, I just didn't mention anything about ST.

Morgan is great on STs, and is a HELLUVA blocker on the outside. Thomas has struggled at both this year.

Reply/Quote
Irwin reverted back to the practice squad today. He cannot be elevated anymore without being signed to the 53. I suspect we will know more after they see how Ja'Marr Chase practices this week

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Love Hilton. Classy player.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 05:38 PM)pally Wrote:

And yet he's back on the practice squad where any team desperate for WRs can sign him. For example, the Giant's WR core is a disaster. Is Jackson Carmen that important to the team to take up a spot?
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 05:14 PM)pally Wrote: Irwin reverted back to the practice squad today.  He cannot be elevated anymore without being signed to the 53.  I suspect we will know more after they see how Ja'Marr Chase practices this week

Good to hear, love it Joe
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 05:14 PM)pally Wrote: Irwin reverted back to the practice squad today. He cannot be elevated anymore without being signed to the 53. I suspect we will know more after they see how Ja'Marr Chase practices this week

Even if chase plays, I think they sign Irwin. They ran with 6 WR all year i think and now with Thomas cut, even if Chase plays, that’s only 5.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 04:12 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Burrow is highly accurate, and likes people who catch the ball. I still can’t get Thomas’s stone cold drop the first game of the season.

You know it Rube. Rock On

(11-21-2022, 04:19 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I agree. But right now, with Thomas and Irwin on the roster...i don't see a reason why Irwin shouldn't be promoted ahead of Thomas, starting this week. 

For sure.

(11-21-2022, 04:19 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Michael Thomas has been waived. I think we found our answer.

(11-21-2022, 05:46 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Even if chase plays, I think they sign Irwin. They ran with 6 WR all year i think and now with Thomas cut, even if Chase plays, that’s only 5.

Same, we should sign Trenton now. Love it when a player comes from nowhere and does this. Great times. Cool
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 05:01 PM)Wyche Wrote: Morgan is great on STs, and is a HELLUVA blocker on the outside. Thomas has struggled at both this year.

Yep Morgan should definitely e kept over Thomas 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Shhhhh ! don't tell this to the "we have to keep Thomas per he is a great ST's player" folks.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Didn't read the 4 pages of replies or the OP. But to answer the title, yes.
Reply/Quote
Yes and play him in the slot on four WR formations. He can get open

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 10:46 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Yes and play him in the slot on four WR formations.  He can get open

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Smart dude. Cool
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 02:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Clearly. Thanks for this Nicomo, thought Trent Taylor had better numbers then that but I guess most of his yards came on 
reverses. Irwin is bigger than Taylor, runs better routes than Morgan and has better hands than Thomas.
Reply/Quote