Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should we push to remove Hip-Hop Concerts?
(07-07-2015, 02:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt every fight that ever occured in any venue is relevant to one man getting attacked by upwards of 40 people.

This was a one on one fight.  It ended without him being attacked by forty other people.

then for some reason it started again.

Gee, I wonder what changed that turned it from a one-on-one fight to a massive beat down by a large group?  Couldn't possiobly have been the white guy who got his butt beaten the first time by one guy running his mouth and insulting the entire group fo people that ended up beating hiom down.

What is your theory Bfine?  teh fight was broken up,  It was over.  But then something else happened that changed it from a one-on-one fight to a group beat down. 

Do you honestly think that someone just started playing rap music?  Or is it possible that white bread ran his mouth and said some things that were not so smart?

This fight had ZERO to do with Rap music.  Just like the guy getting killed at the Kenny Chesney concert had ZERO to do with country music.  Both were conflicts between a couple of individuals.  Both got out of hand.
Everyone ought to just clam down here.  My take on bfine's logic for posting this thread was simply to draw an analogy, and make people think.  All he was doing (in my opinion) was pointing out that it would make no more sense to blame rap music for the mass beating of a man of the opposite race, than it does to blame a flag for the vicious crime committed by one nut-bag.

bfine, forgive me if I misinterpreted what I perceived as your intent of this thread, but that is just how I read it. ThumbsUp
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(07-07-2015, 06:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It was a one on one fight for a long time.  Stop trying to act like he was just attacked by a gang.

So how long does it have to be one on one before it is OK for others to join in?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-07-2015, 05:54 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I agree. Out of curisoity, are you trying to compare this to the attempts to "ban" (really remove) the confederate flag in the wake of the Charleston killings?

I'm comparing it to folks that are claiming the image must be removed everywhere because it is a symbol of hatred and causes folks to be racists. 

I don't think either should be banded (removed); however, I'm pretty sure it will not solve the problem. 

As I said earlier: Just put a warning label on the Flag. "Warning. Viewing this image may cause racism"

(07-07-2015, 07:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm comparing it to folks that are claiming the image must be removed everywhere because it is a symbol of hatred and causes folks to be racists. 

I don't think either should be banded (removed); however, I'm pretty sure it will not solve the problem. 

As I said earlier: Just put a warning label on the Flag. "Warning. Viewing this image may cause racism"

Or even, "Warning, viewing this image may cause others to perceive racism".

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(07-07-2015, 07:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Or even, "Warning, viewing this image may cause others to perceive racism".

Yeah, how silly of people to perceive racism when they see an image that white supremacists hold up as the symbol of their beliefs. Rolleyes
(07-07-2015, 07:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm comparing it to folks that are claiming the image must be removed everywhere because it is a symbol of hatred and causes folks to be racists. 

It definitely is a symbol of racism/hatred, but I think we both would agree that it's silly to say it causes people to be racist. Likewise, I don't think the majority of people who rep it are racist. They most likely were just raised with a romanticized idea of the Confederacy and were taught the lost cause myth.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

You can stop there.

Who ever said the flag "causes folks to be racist"?

Just because racists have adopted it never meant it was racist.  But please...continue since now I know you don't have a clue what you were ever even arguing about.

Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-07-2015, 09:40 PM)GMDino Wrote: You can stop there.

But please...continue 

Well...which is it?

(07-07-2015, 09:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well...which is it?

Its you can stop where you show your ignorance....then after I correct you you can continue.

You're not even making it fun.

Maybe you should make some completely outrageous statement and then deny it...again. Rock On
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-07-2015, 07:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, how silly of people to perceive racism when they see an image that white supremacists hold up as the symbol of their beliefs. Rolleyes

Enough of that silly rhetoric, fred.  I've seen enough videos of Black Folk supporting the Confederate Flag in the past couple weeks to know that it is White Liberals pushing the agenda..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(07-07-2015, 10:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Enough of that silly rhetoric, fred.  I've seen enough videos of Black Folk supporting the Confederate Flag in the past couple weeks to know that it is White Liberals pushing the agenda..

This is one of the most ridiculous thing you have ever posted.

Among African-Americans, 72% see the Confederate flag as a symbol of racism, just 25% of whites agree. In the South, the racial divide is even broader. While 75% of Southern whites describe the flag as a symbol of pride and 18% call it a symbol of racism, those figures are almost exactly reversed among Southern African-Americans, with just 11% seeing it as a sign of pride and 75% viewing it as a symbol of racism.

You have your head buried so deep in the right-wing echo chamber you have lost touch with reality.
(07-07-2015, 11:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is one of the most ridiculous thing you have ever posted.

Among African-Americans, 72% see the Confederate flag as a symbol of racism, just 25% of whites agree. In the South, the racial divide is even broader. While 75% of Southern whites describe the flag as a symbol of pride and 18% call it a symbol of racism, those figures are almost exactly reversed among Southern African-Americans, with just 11% seeing it as a sign of pride and 75% viewing it as a symbol of racism.

Show the link where that info came from, otherwise you just simply made it up. Wink

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(07-07-2015, 11:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Show the link where that info came from, otherwise you just simply made it up. Wink

I have started to believe that you are trolling instead of being serious.  This is a good time to find out.

What are you willing to bet that i made up these numbers?
(07-07-2015, 11:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have started to believe that you are trolling instead of being serious.  This is a good time to find out.

What are you willing to bet that i made up these numbers?

I bet nothing, as you spend so much time during all hours on the internet, arguing on a message board, that I'm starting to doubt weather on not you're even an actual attorney..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(07-07-2015, 11:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I bet nothing, as you spend so much time during all hours on the internet, arguing on a message board, that I'm starting to doubt weather on not you're even an actual attorney..

So the fact that I may not really be an attorney justifies you not being man enough to stand behind your own opinion?

Sorry, but I don't see the logic in that argument.

And I also smell a troll.