Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Siamese Twins and Abortion
Question for Democrats, since they seem to be the ones ok with abortion because it's a woman's choice.

Say that there's Siamese twins, and they share an organ, but twin A has a majority of it and twin B can't live without A being alive.

Would it be ok for twin A to kill twin B because B can't live without A, just as a baby can't live without the mother? Isn't it the choice of A to live freely without the burden of B?

Extreme example, but please tell me how that logic is flawed.
(04-12-2016, 02:28 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Question for Democrats, since they seem to be the ones ok with abortion because it's a woman's choice.

Say that there's Siamese twins, and they share an organ, but twin A has a majority of it and twin B can't live without A being alive.

Would it be ok for twin A to kill twin B because B can't live without A, just as a baby can't live without the mother?  Isn't it the choice of A to live freely without the burden of B?

It is up to the parents to decide if they want to try and separate the twins, knowing one will die or not.

Not yours.  Not mine.  Not the "Democrats".
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-12-2016, 02:32 PM)GMDino Wrote: It is up to the parents to decide if they want to try and separate the twins, knowing one will die or not.

/thread.

I think there was a famous case of this in England. Tough to put yourself in the parent's shoes.
(04-12-2016, 02:32 PM)GMDino Wrote: It is up to the parents to decide if they want to try and separate the twins, knowing one will die or not.

I mean after they're fully grown and can decide for themselves.

Would it be ok for one to say "ok, you have to die because it's my body and my decision"?  
How does baby A kill baby B? They both have tiny little baby hands. Given that abortion in most states is only legal for the first six months or so, they probably haven't had a lot of bench time, so I don't think there's even good forearm strength there.

I guess he could kill him with kindness, but I always thought that was a metaphor.

Mellow
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-12-2016, 02:47 PM)Benton Wrote: How does baby A kill baby B? They both have tiny little baby hands. Given that abortion in most states is only legal for the first six months or so, they probably haven't had a lot of bench time, so I don't think there's even good forearm strength there.

I guess he could kill him with kindness, but I always thought that was a metaphor.

Mellow

i for one think baby A should absorb baby B

that way as he grows he will have his on strength, plus that of a babies as well
People suck
(04-12-2016, 02:46 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I mean after they're fully grown and can decide for themselves.

Would it be ok for one to say "ok, you have to die because it's my body and my decision"?  

Do adults have different rights than children?  Is the second twin fully developed?

Lots of ethical concerns in a situation like that.

None of which have anything to do with abortion.  
(04-12-2016, 02:54 PM)Griever Wrote: i for one think baby A should absorb baby B

that way as he grows he will have his on strength, plus that of a babies as well

The problem is all these terrorist babies that won't assimilate by allowing themselves to be absorbed! Ninja
Sooooooo.........I found myself elbow deep in a goat the other day. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

(04-12-2016, 02:54 PM)Griever Wrote: i for one think baby A should absorb baby B

Nervous

Can babies do that? Cause if so, I should probably stop fighting them for boob time.
(04-12-2016, 03:07 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Sooooooo.........I found myself elbow deep in a goat the other day. 

It wasn't a goat....and I'm still a bit sore.   Mellow
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(04-12-2016, 02:28 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Would it be ok for twin A to kill twin B because B can't live without A, just as a baby can't live without the mother?  Isn't it the choice of A to live freely without the burden of B?

Your logic is flawed because once these twins are born they are both entitled to individual rights that another person can not take away.

In the case of abortion an unborn fetus is not an individual entitled to individual rights.  It is still a part of the mother.
(04-12-2016, 02:46 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I mean after they're fully grown and can decide for themselves.

What's that got to do with abortions?

Or, for that matter, Democrats? If anything, it would be more closely related to Republicans. Abortions are concerning fetuses, what you're suggesting is more like organ harvesting. Organ harvesting is more of a free market thing. I'd like to hear more input from capitalists on harvesting organs.
(04-12-2016, 03:17 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: It wasn't a goat....and I'm still a bit sore.   Mellow

And that wasn't his elbow. Mellow
This thread has some Hawking level thought going on in it.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(04-12-2016, 02:28 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Question for Democrats, since they seem to be the ones ok with abortion because it's a woman's choice.

Yes.  Democrats are more concerned with protecting individual rights than Republicans who want the government to make these decisions for women.

I don't know a single Democrat who thinks abortion is a good thing.  But we still value individual rights over government control.
(04-12-2016, 03:13 PM)Benton Wrote: Nervous

Can babies do that? Cause if so, I should probably stop fighting them for boob time.

[Image: 2+twin.jpg]
People suck
(04-12-2016, 03:17 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: It wasn't a goat....and I'm still a bit sore.   Mellow

(04-12-2016, 03:19 PM)Benton Wrote: And that wasn't his elbow. Mellow

Hilarious          Yes
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

If you give them both knives and let them fight it out....do both feel the pain when one stabs the other?
(04-12-2016, 05:52 PM)Beaker Wrote: If you give them both knives and let them fight it out....do both feel the pain when one stabs the other?

These are Siamese twins, not tomax and xamot.