Poll: Will You Be Disappointed In The Bengals FA This Upcoming Season?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simple Question: Do You Think You'll Be Disappointed In The Bengals FA Decisions?
(03-13-2022, 08:17 PM)Au165 Wrote: I won’t be but most people will because the expectations of a massive o line rebuild all in FA and all I. One year was never realistic from a cash standpoint.

No question. People see the numbers but don’t quite understand. They don’t look at the long term effects. They don’t look at the contract. It’s confusing to even me. Some on here have a better grasp than me. It was never realistic to go get a 20 million tackle like Armstead or even Jensen at 13 million. Many think we get a guard, tackle, and center. I think that’s always been unrealistic. There’s so many factors in signing these guys
Reply/Quote
I really think their plan is to upgrade 2 spots on the OL this year, will they be huge contracts, probably not but I am opportunistic that it will happen:

2022:

LT-Williams

LG-Carmen- too early to judge so this is where he fits best IMO

C- Bradley Bozeman- we must get better play out of the interior line, simply a weak link, and Bozeman fits at 4/32

RG- Zion Johnson(BC)/ Kenyon Green (TA&M) - I think this is where we look at upgrading RG it allows us to upgrade and get younger.

RT- La'el Collins - trade with Dallas 10 million. - I'd rather have experience at RT than a rookie and he grades in top 10.

- I could live with this line if we improve the depth also via draft or FA veteran minimum contract. Backups are:

RT- Prince
C/G- Hill
T/G- F. Johnson
Draft pick T
G- Spain 1 yr 3 million as insurance
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 08:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think contracts will skyrocket...and our cap space won't go as far as people think it will.

For sure
Reply/Quote
We all gonna be like JOE THUNEY!!! But realistically gonna get RILEY REIFFed.... Usually that's just the way things go.

With that said, I expect this year's free agency to be much better with peeps that want to come here. The last 2 years of free agency have been amazing given our negative reputation.... heck dog lucky! This one should be a lot more sweeter. Almost like asking your parents for an specific gift for Christmas and getting exactly what you want on the day of! Can't wait!
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 09:39 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: I really think their plan is to upgrade 2 spots on the OL this year, will they be huge contracts, probably not but I am opportunistic that it will happen:

2022:

LT-Williams

C- Bradley Bozeman- we must get better play out of the interior line, simply a weak link, and Bozeman fits at 4/32

RG- Zion Johnson(BC)/ Kenyon Green (TA&M)  - I think this is where we look at upgrading RG it allows us to upgrade and get younger.

RT- La'el Collins - trade with Dallas 10 million. - I'd rather have experience at RT than a rookie and he grades in top 10.

- I could live with this line if we improve the depth also via draft or FA veteran minimum contract. Backups are:

RT- Prince
C/G- Hill
T/G- F. Johnson
Draft pick T

This starting line would be an incredible upgrade. No one should be upset with that.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 08:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think contracts will skyrocket...and our cap space won't go as far as people think it will.

I agree with this. The Bengals never got into bidding wars and top OL players will be overpaid. We need a complete overhaul and if we pull the crap like we did last year, it will be a total failure. Im hoping though they learned from their mistakes and go hard on OL this FA with proven players and leave the draft to defensive.

If the front office is smart about it, we can get this done. We don't have to drop all our money on one big signing. We can get multiple strong players if they do their job and figure out the numbers game and make things happen.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 09:20 PM)tms Wrote:  I'm not even sure we'll release Hopkins and Waynes out of "loyalty" and our "operative norm". Old habits die hard. But I sure hope I'm wrong.

How can you be loyal to a guy who spent two seasons on the beach sipping cocktails instead of playing?  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 09:39 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: I really think their plan is to upgrade 2 spots on the OL this year, will they be huge contracts, probably not but I am opportunistic that it will happen:

2022:

LT-Williams

RG- Zion Johnson(BC)/ Kenyon Green (TA&M)  - I think this is where we look at upgrading RG it allows us to upgrade and get younger.

RT- Prince
C/G- Hill
T/G- F. Johnson
Draft pick T

I could be really happy with this but I think we need to use our dollars to get all 3 spots fixed on the line from C-> and use the draft to restock the D with DL and secondary to filter in for future player replacements.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
'Mike brown has said he wants to get Burrow some help. I'm surprised he made that statement because he usually plays things close to the vest or talks in generic terms like "We need to get better in certain areas' , but he was being specific and mentioned Burrow by name. He knows what he has in Joe Burrow and after the Super Bowl scare where Joe was injured again I think Mike will finally address the o line even more this free agency.. If that happens I will not be disappointed.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 10:06 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: I could be really happy with this but I think we need to use our dollars to get all 3 spots fixed on the line from C-> and use the draft to restock the D with DL and secondary to filter in for future player replacements.

They won’t carry more than 9
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 09:54 PM)Yogo Wrote: We all gonna be like JOE THUNEY!!!  But realistically gonna get RILEY REIFFed....  Usually that's just the way things go.

With that said, I expect this year's free agency to be much better with peeps that want to come here.  The last 2 years of free agency have been amazing given our negative reputation.... heck dog lucky!  This one should be a lot more sweeter.  Almost like asking your parents for an specific gift for Christmas and getting exactly what you want on the day of!  Can't wait!

Reiff wasn't a bad signing. Just bad luck with his injury. I'm not saying that you're saying it was a bad signing, I just feel bad for the guy. We would all be looking at him differently if he didn't get hurt. 
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 11:24 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: Reiff wasn't a bad signing. Just bad luck with his injury. I'm not saying that you're saying it was a bad signing, I just feel bad for the guy. We would all be looking at him differently if he didn't get hurt. 

I actually am very satisfied with the Reiff signing, better than I expected!  All I'm saying is that us as fans expect a homerun upgrade, but that we usually get a good solid base hit single.  And it's not out of lack of effort or neglect from the front office, it's more about our team's history, reputation, and even living in Cincinnati that we don't get a homerun FA signing.  I'm very happy with small ball bunt and singles type upgrades to make the team all around better.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 08:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think contracts will skyrocket...and our cap space won't go as far as people think it will.

I think you're right initially, and they may wait out the market and drive this board near insanity.  Scores of fans divorcing them for kicking tires while Rome burns. 

Then when the market settles they end up getting a few solid OL like Norwell, Ben Jones and Trent Brown.  Then we forgive them.  
Reply/Quote
I went with a "No" vote for two reasons:

1) We've had good free agency signings in the Duke/Zac era as exemplified by signing Reader and Hendrickson; maybe such success will strike again this week.

2) I've tempered my expectations by not thinking we'll make a big name splash for the OL or other positions. Last year, fans drummed up hype of wanting Thuney and it didn't happen. I don't think the Bengals will roll up the vault truck for any free agent (this is subjective, I know because Hendrickson made bank; I'm referring to making someone the highest paid FA ever type of thing). Thus, I enter today and this week expecting to be patient as the FA process unfolds.
Reply/Quote
I think the odds are 50:50.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 11:01 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I think the odds are 50:50.

[Image: han-solo-never.gif]
Reply/Quote
No Bobby Harts. Riley Reiffs or XSF's please get proven quality NFL talent. Mediocre should no longer be good enough
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 11:59 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: No Bobby Harts. Riley Reiffs or XSF's please get proven quality NFL talent. Mediocre should no longer be good enough

Riley Reiff is not even remotely in the same category as the other two.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 08:17 PM)Au165 Wrote: I won’t be but most people will because the expectations of a massive o line rebuild all in FA and all I. One year was never realistic from a cash standpoint.

they have had 3 years now
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 11:59 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: No Bobby Harts. Riley Reiffs or XSF's please get proven quality NFL talent. Mediocre should no longer be good enough

Reiff was neither unproven, nor mediocre. He was an average OT.

Reply/Quote