Poll: Will You Be Disappointed In The Bengals FA This Upcoming Season?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simple Question: Do You Think You'll Be Disappointed In The Bengals FA Decisions?
I voted no.

I also voted AFTER Cappa and Karras agreed to deals with the Bengals. lol
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:49 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I voted no.

I also voted AFTER Cappa and Karras agreed to deals with the Bengals. lol

Hindsight is awesome for being right on the internet.  Hilarious
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Immediately relief with these 2 signings. Center and RG solidified makes this line look so much better already. Probably not done at RT and they seem to have a ton of faith in a couple of younger linemen to groom as well. This FA attitude from the front office is such a welcome change.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 01:51 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: People have mentioned voting can only be changed on mobile devices and not from pcs. Maybe the OP didn't give the option to change votes since it was meant as a predictor?

It can be changed on PC as well. I was doing it every day in the nickname threads. There's an area that says "Undo vote" above the poll options. I just did it on this poll.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 01:38 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It can be changed on PC as well. I was doing it every day in the nickname threads. There's an area that says "Undo vote" above the poll options. I just did it on this poll.

Oh thanks, I see it now & have overlooked that for a long time.
Reply/Quote
Absolutely not. This team has changed its proverbial stripes. I’m not holding the history of a poor roster and some bad personnel decisions against today’s team. I love this team so much.

I’m sad to see CJ go, and a bit surprised for the money he got, but he is replaceable and if you ask me CJ or one of the two guys they got to stabilize the line (that both represent a 20 point PFF improvement over their predecessors), it isn’t even close.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 11:28 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Absolutely not.  This team has changed its proverbial stripes.  I’m not holding the history of a poor roster and some bad personnel decisions against today’s team.   I love this team so much.

I’m sad to see CJ go, and a bit surprised for the money he got, but he is replaceable and if you ask me CJ or one of the two guys they got to stabilize  the line (that both represent a 20 point PFF improvement over their predecessors), it isn’t even close.

Yes. CJ was overrated.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 11:31 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes. CJ was overrated.

I wouldn't say CJ was overrated but he was over paid. That leg brace toss must've really had an effect on the Jets front office.
Reply/Quote
If I'd of seen this before yesterday, I'd of gone with 'maybe'. Now, not so much.
Reply/Quote
Hope we are not done going into Draft with Prince at RT , Sample at TE and Trae Waynes at CB2 isn't inspiring to a team that was nearly a SB champ previous season would be demoralizing. Nobody at 31 is expected to come in an fill a gaping hole like that
Reply/Quote
I voted yes like a loser, but I still want to see more. Give me at least 1 more OL (I believe we'll see 2 more) and a defensive piece or 2. I know TE is a need as well.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 01:19 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: I wouldn't say CJ was overrated but he was over paid. That leg brace toss must've really had an effect on the Jets front office.

He's a low end starting TE.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 08:17 PM)Au165 Wrote: I won’t be but most people will because the expectations of a massive o line rebuild all in FA and all I. One year was never realistic from a cash standpoint.

Agree I saw 2 maybe 3 fa plus 1 high draft pick on Oline this yr.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 10:38 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I went with a "No" vote for two reasons:

1) We've had good free agency signings in the Duke/Zac era as exemplified by signing Reader and Hendrickson; maybe such success will strike again this week.

2) I've tempered my expectations by not thinking we'll make a big name splash for the OL or other positions. Last year, fans drummed up hype of wanting Thuney and it didn't happen. I don't think the Bengals will roll up the vault truck for any free agent (this is subjective, I know because Hendrickson made bank; I'm referring to making someone the highest paid FA ever type of thing). Thus, I enter today and this week expecting to be patient as the FA process unfolds.

Well, we jumped out with two awesome OL signings and brought back Hill, but it appears we've entered the "be patient" phase of free agency.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 03:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He's a low end starting TE.

No he isn't.  He was top 10 in both "catch percentage" and "Yards per target" among starting TEs.

"Low end" starting TEs don't get paid $8 million a year.  And you can't just say the Jets were stupid because pretty much every NFL expert was projecting CJ to get that type of money.
Reply/Quote
I answered Yes to this poll simply because I feared we'd go heavy defense/positions other than Oline again (something like re-sign Hill and/or Ogunjobi, sign Uzomah, sign a CB like Carlton Davis, sign Bates long term, re-sign Eli Apple and then only have cap space for one moderate upgrade on the Oline like Ted Karras and maybe re-sign Spain) and then rely on the draft to fill RT...

After the first day of free agency, I felt really silly for doubting the front office. We went out and signed a quality RG, a quality guard/center and got our starting DT back.

But, in the 3 days since, we have watched Uzomah leave, we've watched a bevy of quality TEs sign for seemingly reasonable prices, we've seen a few solid offensive linemen get picked up and we've seen the Bengals kind of...sit on their hands with still a fair amount of work left to do, especially with how much the other AFC teams have kicked it into gear, like the Broncos, Raiders, Chargers, Bills, Ravens and Steelers all adding impact players at various positions of need.

I wouldn't say I'm concerned yet because, even though we have not done much since Monday, very few tackles have been signed thus far by any team. There are still plenty of options and the market, so far, has mostly been for guards early on. There's still Armstead, Daryl Williams, Trent Brown, Eric Fisher, Riley Reiff and Germain Ifedi on the market. Then there's obviously La'el Collins as well, whatever ends of happening with him.

Really the only tackle of note to leave the market so far has been Morgan Moses. And, while that deal did hurt, as I think we could have easily offered him more, what that tells me is that the Bengals are eyeing bigger fish.

If I had to guess, they are either waiting for Dallas to cut Collins or they are waiting for Watson to make a decision because, rumor has it, Armstead is waiting to see if Watson picks New Orleans before he decides where he wants to end up. Depending on those two decisions, I imagine the Bengals are determining how much money they need for a CB based on which one of those tackles they go after. And, if they swing and miss on both, maybe they go back to Reiff or sign Daryl Williams or something like that.

I'd still like us to sign at least one more CB and a RT. If they want to leave LG to the young prospects, I think we can live with one position being relatively uncertain after the first few weeks of free agency. But for now, I am just refreshing websites waiting for news to drop about either Collins, Watson or something substantial regarding the Bengals (the Mike Thomas signings don't count Tongue ).
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals don't sign another proven lineman and just stop at two signings, I'm going to be very disappointed, haven't they learned a thing?

Theres no doubt in my mind the Bengals would have a Super Bowl ring if they addressed it properly last year. If they stop this year with just two signings, all its going to take is one injury and now Burrow will be getting pounced on and hearing how the OL play calling is limited based on the lack of line protections, etc....

Let's get it done...front office this is your Super Bowl make the right moves that puts this team in a position to win a Super Bowl!
Reply/Quote
Pretty good so far, and like that they are trying to do more.

Between the rest of FA, the draft, and cutdowns, we still need:

1) Starting level RT: (Collins)
2) Another corner: Apple upgrade or pick or vet
3) 3T behind Hill
4) Another IOL
----------
5) TE depth
6) S depth
7) WR depth
8) LB depth/upgrade
9) Punter (though Chrisman is signed)
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 10:09 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: 'Mike brown has said he wants to get Burrow some help. I'm surprised he made that statement because he usually plays things close to the vest or talks in generic terms like "We need to get better in certain areas' , but he was being specific and mentioned Burrow by name. He knows what he has in Joe Burrow and  after the Super Bowl scare where Joe was injured again I think Mike will finally address the o line even more this free agency.. If that happens I will not be disappointed.

Well Mike put his money where his mouth is and i for one am very satisfied. 
Reply/Quote
26 people haven’t been paying attention the last couple years…

Reply/Quote