Poll: Will You Be Disappointed In The Bengals FA This Upcoming Season?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simple Question: Do You Think You'll Be Disappointed In The Bengals FA Decisions?
(03-16-2022, 09:52 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Well, we jumped out with two awesome OL signings and brought back Hill, but it appears we've entered the "be patient" phase of free agency.

The "be patient" window paid off, we signed Collins. In Duke & Zac I trust with our offseason success.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Holy ****** shitballs Batman no I ain’t disappointed. If they sign a #1 corner like Gilmore it will be tough to replicate this offseason again.
Reply/Quote
Crushed it. Thoroughly impressed with the commitment they've made to the o-line.

Now just have to keep our fingers crossed that health remains on our side again this upcoming season.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Just wondering if those who said Yes still feel as if they'll be disappointed in Bengals Free Agency Decisions. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
No way you can be disappointed after what the FO did to address this line with 3 proven quality OL players. Yesterday's signing was fantastic.

I just can't wait to see what both Joe's will do with a quality line in front of them and Burrow isn't running for his life.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 01:54 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I answered Yes to this poll simply because I feared we'd go heavy defense/positions other than Oline again (something like re-sign Hill and/or Ogunjobi, sign Uzomah, sign a CB like Carlton Davis, sign Bates long term, re-sign Eli Apple and then only have cap space for one moderate upgrade on the Oline like Ted Karras and maybe re-sign Spain) and then rely on the draft to fill RT...

After the first day of free agency, I felt really silly for doubting the front office. We went out and signed a quality RG, a quality guard/center and got our starting DT back.

But, in the 3 days since, we have watched Uzomah leave, we've watched a bevy of quality TEs sign for seemingly reasonable prices, we've seen a few solid offensive linemen get picked up and we've seen the Bengals kind of...sit on their hands with still a fair amount of work left to do, especially with how much the other AFC teams have kicked it into gear, like the Broncos, Raiders, Chargers, Bills, Ravens and Steelers all adding impact players at various positions of need.

I wouldn't say I'm concerned yet because, even though we have not done much since Monday, very few tackles have been signed thus far by any team. There are still plenty of options and the market, so far, has mostly been for guards early on. There's still Armstead, Daryl Williams, Trent Brown, Eric Fisher, Riley Reiff and Germain Ifedi on the market. Then there's obviously La'el Collins as well, whatever ends of happening with him.

Really the only tackle of note to leave the market so far has been Morgan Moses. And, while that deal did hurt, as I think we could have easily offered him more, what that tells me is that the Bengals are eyeing bigger fish.

If I had to guess, they are either waiting for Dallas to cut Collins or they are waiting for Watson to make a decision because, rumor has it, Armstead is waiting to see if Watson picks New Orleans before he decides where he wants to end up. Depending on those two decisions, I imagine the Bengals are determining how much money they need for a CB based on which one of those tackles they go after.  And, if they swing and miss on both, maybe they go back to Reiff or sign Daryl Williams or something like that.

I'd still like us to sign at least one more CB and a RT. If they want to leave LG to the young prospects, I think we can live with one position being relatively uncertain after the first few weeks of free agency. But for now, I am just refreshing websites waiting for news to drop about either Collins, Watson or something substantial regarding the Bengals (the Mike Thomas signings don't count Tongue ).

And now I'm not concerned at all. The front office has proven my fears to be unfounded.
Reply/Quote