Poll: Both Sewell and Chase are Available in Rd 5, Who Do You Pick?
Sewell
Chase
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simple Question What's Your Answer and Reason
(04-13-2021, 08:55 PM)QueenCity Wrote: My perfect scenario would be Chase at #5

Trade your 2nd rounder and whatever it takes to get back in the 1st round selecting Alijah Vera-Tucker

This right here...^^^^
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 08:55 PM)QueenCity Wrote: My perfect scenario would be Chase at #5

Trade your 2nd rounder and whatever it takes to get back in the 1st round selecting Alijah Vera-Tucker

Mine is Kyle Pitts at #5 and Meinerz, Humphrey, Cosmi, Eichenberg, or Carman in the 2nd or 3rd cause I think we need
all the picks we can get at this point. We would lose picks in your scenario and I love Vera-Tucker. I think trading back is
more ideal while getting more picks and picking up Vera-Tucker and Terrance Marshall honestly.

(04-13-2021, 09:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tim McGee with some pretty strong opinions on what to do at 5...

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/tim-mcgee-believes-bengals-should-pick-oregon-tackle-penei-sewell

I’m so conflicted at this point...lol

[Image: giphy.gif]

Hard to disagree with McGee...
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 09:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Mine is Kyle Pitts at #5 and Meinerz, Humphrey, Cosmi, Eichenberg, or Carman in the 2nd or 3rd cause I think we need
all the picks we can get at this point. We would lose picks in your scenario and I love Vera-Tucker. I think trading back is
more ideal while getting more picks and picking up Vera-Tucker and Terrance Marshall honestly.

Hard to disagree with McGee...

I'm weird... I know more picks you have a better chance at hitting the lotto.  

HOWEVER If I'm sold on a couple players and I know they would be legit starters... I'm cool with letting the lotto picks go in the later rounds.

I have no stats to back this up but I wonder how often you can find undrafted FA's that perform just as well as 3rd or 4th rounders.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 09:36 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I'm weird... I know more picks you have a better chance at hitting the lotto.  

HOWEVER If I'm sold on a couple players and I know they would be legit starters... I'm cool with letting the lotto picks go in the later rounds.

I have no stats to back this up but I wonder how often you can find undrafted FA's that perform just as well as 3rd or 4th rounders.

It is a good point but if we trade up for Vera-Tucker we might lose a guy like Milton Williams DT in the 3rd who could be our 
replacement for Geno. It is a fine line, need to get the O-line fixed and Vera-Tucker sure helps but the D-line is almost equally
in trouble at the moment. Both Line's need upgraded.

I think we take Sewell but if we traded back and got Slater, Vera-Tucker or Darrisaw and adding a pick or two I would be more
then fine with it. Lots of ways to go to improve the trenches.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 09:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is a good point but if we trade up for Vera-Tucker we might lose a guy like Milton Williams DT in the 3rd who could be our 
replacement for Geno. It is a fine line, need to get the O-line fixed and Vera-Tucker sure helps but the D-line is almost equally
in trouble at the moment. Both Line's need upgraded.

I think we take Sewell but if we traded back and got Slater, Vera-Tucker or Darrisaw and adding a pick or two I would be more
then fine with it. Lots of ways to go to improve the trenches.

No I agree with your point.. ideally if the Bengals were smart we would of been trading our Vets for picks ala the Dolphins.

Personally though it would piss me off without 1 of Chase, Sewell or Pitts.  Too emotionally invested now
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 09:48 PM)QueenCity Wrote: No I agree with your point.. ideally if the Bengals were smart we would of been trading our Vets for picks ala the Dolphins.

Personally though it would piss me off without 1 of Chase, Sewell or Pitts.  Too emotionally invested now

I getcha, I doubt we trade back anyways. It will be one of those 3 pretty damn sure.
Reply/Quote