Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
'Smart as any in QB prospect in a long time'
(04-17-2020, 04:42 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Found this list of some notable QB scores:
  • 48 — Ryan Fitzpatrick, Greg McElroy
  • 42 — Blaine Gabbert
  • 40 — Alex Smith
  • 39 — Eli Manning
  • 38 — Colin Kaepernick, Matt Flynn, Matthew Stafford
  • 37 — Tony Romo, Andrew Luck
  • 35 — Aaron Rodgers, Matt Leinart, Sam Bradford, Christian Ponder
  • 34 — Ryan Tannehill
  • 33 — Tom Brady
  • 33 ---Steve Young
  • 33 — Marcus Mariota
  • 32 — Johnny Manziel
  • 31 — Matt Schaub
  • 30 — Philip Rivers
  • 29 — John Elway
  • 29 — Andy Dalton, Nick Foles
  • 28 — Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Russell Wilson, EJ Manuel, Mark Sanchez, Blake Bortles
  • 27 — Jameis Winston, Joe Flacco, Josh Freeman
  • 26 — Jay Cutler, Carson Palmer, Ryan Mallet
  • 25 — Ben Roethlisberger
  • 24 — Cam Newton, Geno Smith
  • 22 — Brett Favre
  • 21 — Robert Griffin III
  • 20 — Michael Vick, Jake Locher, Teddy Bridgewater
  • 15 — Dan Marino, Donovan McNabb, Jim Kelly, Terry Bradshaw

So a 15 score is where the Hall of Fame guys will be found. Good to know

Some might say that Wonderlic has nothing to do with predicting QB success in the league.

Andrew Luck didn’t come close to perfect score and he went to Stanford. My daughter was invited to a recruitment pitch on campus at Stanford along with about 50 kids from around the nation. Intimidating the academic perfection they required from their recruits. Why didn’t Luck score almost 50?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 11:53 AM)bengals1969 Wrote: So a 15 score is where the Hall of Fame guys will be found. Good to know

Some might say that Wonderlic has nothing to do with predicting QB success in the league.

Andrew Luck didn’t come close to perfect score and he went to Stanford. My daughter was invited to a recruitment pitch on campus at Stanford along with about 50 kids from around the nation. Intimidating the academic perfection they required from their recruits. Why didn’t Luck score almost 50?

Luck scored a 37. That’s still extremely high.

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 03:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Every rookie QB is a question mark. Hell every rookie is a question mark.

I have been studying up on Burrow like crazy and there are a lot of factors why he was nothing to write home about at OSU.

Hand injury among them.

He just needed to have a whole year in a system and settle in and look what happened...

According to Housh he already has the playbook and with his work ethic is getting ready before even being drafted.
Wait the Bengals playbook? Is that allowed? 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
It's nice to see that he is smart but what's most impressive/Important is the way he handles is teammates and others around him.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
The pro game is so fast. There is another mental factor at work besides the kind of intelligence wonderlic measures. A kind of quick twitch mental agility. Don't know how you would measure that.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 03:46 PM)J24 Wrote: Wait the Bengals playbook? Is that allowed? 

Must be...
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 11:53 AM)bengals1969 Wrote: So a 15 score is where the Hall of Fame guys will be found. Good to know

Andrew Luck didn’t come close to perfect score and he went to Stanford. My daughter was invited to a recruitment pitch on campus at Stanford  along with about 50 kids from around the nation. Intimidating the academic perfection they required from their recruits. Why didn’t Luck score almost 50?

I don't put any stock in the wonderlic now with Kaepernick getting a 38. 
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 03:46 PM)J24 Wrote: Wait the Bengals playbook? Is that allowed? 

This is the title of the Bengals playbook--

"Exactly what Joe wants it to be."

This is exactly what the LSU playbook was.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 05:15 PM)McC Wrote: This is the title of the Bengals playbook--

"Exactly what Joe wants it to be."

This is exactly what the LSU playbook was.

Joe

Joe approved. 
Reply/Quote
Sample Wunderlic test.

Yeah, none of you smart guys will lie about your scores.  Rolleyes

https://beatthewonderlic.com/take-a-free-wonderlic-test-online/

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 06:03 PM)Shouldamapads Wrote: Sample Wunderlic test.

I am a geezer whose test taking days are way in the past.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 05:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't put any stock in the wonderlic now with Kaepernick getting a 38. 

I don't know, he made millions by getting on his knees.  Even better he didn't have to preach like some, Jimmy Schwaggart comes to mind.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 06:03 PM)Shouldamapads Wrote: Sample Wunderlic test.

I did one about a month back, ran out of time; got 37.

Did this one:    

The first one, I still had 3 questions left; this one, the last question popped up and the timer ran out as I was about to answer it.

Thus, I feel that I would be a great TE, DE or Olineman (brainwise), as the intelligence is there, but the thought process is a tad slow (bringing me out of the running for QB or LB).

I'm happy Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 05:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't put any stock in the wonderlic now with Kaepernick getting a 38. 

Kaepernick has always been a super-intelligent guy; raised by an affluent family, good education, grounded, etc.

Just because he's a nut, doesn't mean he isn't smart.

Like what Screech said in Saved by the Bell; "Zac may be lazy, but he's no idiot!"
Reply/Quote
Like the 40, the Wonderlic is a piece of the puzzle and by no means the answer. If the guy looks bad on film, because he's smart on a piece of paper doesn't really mean much. I always found the combine to be one giant waste of time. Film tells all, teams only go there to meet the guys face to face and see how they do on the white board and if have a reasonable amount of social skills. The underwear olympics are for advertisers on NFL Network.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 06:50 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Kaepernick has always been a super-intelligent guy; raised by an affluent family, good education, grounded, etc.

Just because he's a nut, doesn't mean he isn't smart.

Like what Screech said in Saved by the Bell; "Zac may be lazy, but he's no idiot!"

Anyone that says Fidel Castro is better than the USA or Canada (Truck shoutout) is not a super intelligent guy....
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 01:57 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Holic,
Coaches kid enough said. Going to have a higher Football IQ than most
Reply/Quote
They should be tested again 10 yrs later. You know, for reference.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 09:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Anyone that says Fidel Castro is better than the USA or Canada (Truck shoutout) is not a super intelligent guy....

LOL

Again, he's just a nut, doing things for publicity.

I HIGHLY doubt he believes his own words (at least, that specific line) Wink
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 03:23 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: The thing is, if he or anyone else looked, Joe started to play really good football the last half of 2018. Then he ran with that success into 2019

Yep...a lot of folks weren't watching LSU close the season.  A quote I heard on Mo's show from one analyst (sorry, forget who) said something to the effect of "the guy has not played an average game in 20 starts".  He said he was excellent in his last 20 starts without one average game.  That's pretty damn impressive, considering his competition.

As I understand it, he really took off when the coaches started giving him more to digest.   They admitted that they held back a bit in the beginning because they didn't want to overwhelm him.  Another sign of his intelligence.

Oh, and I believe he scored a 36 on the Wunderlich.   A lot of people, including me, could care less about this unless you do really, really poorly.  I heard Tua got a 13.  Ouch.  
Reply/Quote