Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, Cincinnati...
Just learning more about the city. Some things kind of confuse me, though.

First up, I read that Cincinnati was voted 18th rudest city in the world. 18th rudest? What's up with that, Cincinnati? You have some mean comments on that?

And do you really harbor a huge Oktoberfest? Really? Of all the proud European traditions you could have gone with? You choose the one where some Bavarians had the clever idea to break their daily routine of eating pretzels and drinking huge amounts of beer with a big beer and pretzel festival...

And do you at least drink beer there? Or do you hold an Oktoberfest drinking the stuff that is misleadingly called "beer" in your ads? Which would be almost as embarrassing as holding the world record for the largest chicken dance - an accomplishment achieved by Zinzinnati Oktoberfest in 1994 and not envied in any part of the world.
I don't even dare asking what led to this and why.
What are you doing?

Sorry if my tone seems harsh. But, 18th rudest city. What goes around, comes around. Still love you, of course.

...Jerry Springer was your mayor??

So many questions.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 11:49 PM)hollodero Wrote: Just learning more about the city. Some things kind of confuse me, though.

First up, I read that Cincinnati was voted 18th rudest city in the world. 18th rudest? What's up with that, Cincinnati? You have some mean comments on that?

And do you really harbor a huge Oktoberfest? Really? Of all the proud European traditions you could have gone with? You choose the one where some Bavarians had the clever idea to break their daily routine of eating pretzels and drinking huge amounts of beer with a big beer and pretzel festival...

And do you at least drink beer there? Or do you hold an Oktoberfest drinking the stuff that is misleadingly called "beer" in your ads? Which would be almost as embarrassing as holding the world record for the largest chicken dance - an accomplishment achieved by Zinzinnati Oktoberfest in 1994 and not envied in any part of the world.
What are you doing?

Sorry if my tone seems harsh. But, 18th rudest city. What goes around, comes around. Still love you, of course.

So many questions.

Not from Cinci, but it is my understanding that there is a sizeable population of descendants of German immigrants. They seem to have some other aspects of German heritage ingrained in the place, but since Oktoberfest is the only Volksfest that most people know about and since Bavarian culture is what many Americans mistakenly associate with all of Germany, it's what you get. They do also have the Cincideutsch Christkindlmarkt
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 11:49 PM)hollodero Wrote: Just learning more about the city. Some things kind of confuse me, though.

What are you doing?

So many questions.

Is this guy serious? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
We're not rude, GFY and eat a bag of cat shit and have a nice day.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 11:32 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Is this guy serious? 

Hopefully not. At least we weren't asked when did we stop beating our wives .....  Ninja
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 11:39 AM)wildcats forever Wrote:   At least we weren't asked when did we stop beating our wives .....  Ninja

Answer: Whenever there's a sandwich to be made.

Mellow

Seriously though, I see this thread getting moved to smack talk in the near future, so... to facilitate that... the Ravens are going to stink this year.
Reply/Quote

What are you doing?

So many questions.

We may be 18th rudest in the world, but we are not about to elect a neo-Nazi Freedom Party President.

Go sit on a sausage and enjoy living in the homeland of Hitler.
Reply/Quote
What's wrong with beer and pretzels? Jerry

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 11:32 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Is this guy serious? 

No, of course not.

I still want to know why 48.000 people performed a chicken dance at your Oktoberfest. Partly to avoid the stuff that was consumed before that for life.

(08-30-2016, 11:37 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: We're not rude, GFY and eat a bag of cat shit and have a nice day.

That's the spirit... :) And a nice day to you too! No suggestion for your meal, though.

(08-30-2016, 11:39 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: Hopefully not. At least we weren't asked when did we stop beating our wives .....  Ninja

Jeez. I do know some boundaries.
It's all out of love, you know...  btw. I seriously consider trying out Cincy Chili.
Reply/Quote
All I gotta say is, "who the **** puts chilli on spaghetti?'  

Ninja
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 12:47 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: All I gotta say is, "who the **** puts chilli on spaghetti?'  

Ninja

It is not even chili.  It is some sort of chili sauce.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 12:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We may be 18th rudest in the world, but we are not about to elect a neo-Nazi Freedom Party President.

Heard about that one, hm.
No way to sugercoat it, it's quite an embarrassment. If we do elect that guy, I guess I would move to Cincy in a heartbeat. I even would do a chicken dance if that helps.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 07:49 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Not from Cinci, but it is my understanding that there is a sizeable population of descendants of German immigrants. They seem to have some other aspects of German heritage ingrained in the place, but since Oktoberfest is the only Volksfest that most people know about and since Bavarian culture is what many Americans mistakenly associate with all of Germany, it's what you get. They do also have the Cincideutsch Christkindlmarkt

Cincideutsch Christkindlmarkt. Now isn't that something.

(08-30-2016, 12:34 PM)Wyche Wrote: What's wrong with beer and pretzels? Jerry

Actually, nothing.
I still wonder what serves as "beer" there. That's my basic concern.
Reply/Quote

What are you doing?

So many questions.

First off We were voted 3rd meanest City.... And you wanna come start stuff... lol..

the Chicken dance was lead by Weird Al.

Yes oktober Fest is awesome..  Cincinnati has a very large german population. beer is very important here. and for a while (in Newport across the river)  had 1 of 2 hofbrauhuas's in the world..

Springer just wanted to help us find out who are dad was.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 01:15 PM)hollodero Wrote: Cincideutsch Christkindlmarkt. Now isn't that something.

Actually, nothing.
I still wonder what serves as "beer" there. That's my basic concern.

Well what servers as beer really just depends on the drinker...   There are a lot of light beers in the states.  but we do have some nice options past the "domestic" beers...   quiet a few brewery's in the Nati.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 01:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: First off We were voted 3rd meanest City.... And you wanna come start stuff... lol..

Oh, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to offend you by making you appear less rude.
So 3rd meanest, ok. What's missing for the top spot?

(08-30-2016, 01:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: the Chicken dance was lead by Weird Al.

That... doesn't make it better! If Weird Al jumped from a cliff, would you...? Ah well.
Just don't elect him your mayor, would you.

(08-30-2016, 01:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Springer just wanted to help us find out who are dad was.

And?
Who was it?

(08-30-2016, 01:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Yes oktober Fest is awesome..  Cincinnati has a very large german population. beer is very important here. and for a while (in Newport across the river)  had 1 of 2 hofbrauhuas's in the world..

Actually, I figured. In all seriousness, it sounds like a nice local tradition. Glad to hear you can distuingish beer from Bud lite/Miller lite and all that stuff. That is a relief.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 01:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Springer just wanted to help us find out who are dad was.

(08-30-2016, 01:42 PM)hollodero Wrote:  

And?
Who was it?

I was going to joke and say me, but if you were my kid and used "are" instead of "our" I'd beat you with a shoe.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 01:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: First off We were voted 3rd meanest City.... And you wanna come start stuff... lol..

the Chicken dance was lead by Weird Al.

Yes oktober Fest is awesome..  Cincinnati has a very large german population. beer is very important here. and for a while (in Newport across the river)  had 1 of 2 hofbrauhuas's in the world..

Springer just wanted to help us find out who are dad was.

(08-30-2016, 01:47 PM)Benton Wrote: I was going to joke and say me, but if you were my kid and used "are" instead of "our" I'd beat you with a shoe.

With a shoe...? That is pretty mean. But good old Springer tradition, I guess. It always ends in a brawl.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 01:47 PM)Benton Wrote: I was going to joke and say me, but if you were my kid and used "are" instead of "our" I'd beat you with a shoe.

I figured the wrong word there would fit better since we are talking springer and his usual crowd/guest
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 12:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We may be 18th rudest in the world, but we are not about to elect a neo-Nazi Freedom Party President.

Now I feel bad about being so mean.
Reply/Quote