Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, Cincinnati...
(08-31-2016, 03:26 PM)Wyche Wrote: We call them Native Americans ThumbsUp

...eh, I guess you really don't. That's just PC, not insight. One of your own suburbs is called "Indian Hill". Now maybe there were some brave Kalkutta folks defending the hill against the Confederates, but I doubt that storyline. It's more because of Native Americans how you really kept calling them. And as long as the Colts are not called Native Americanapolis Colts, I keep believing that deep down you're still searching for the curry.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 03:32 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Wasn't this thread about beer and pretzels?   Confused

Yes it was. But I guess we then all kind of agreed that there's nothing wrong with pretzels and that beer is great if it's great beer. But if you'd like to add something to that, feel free!

Meanwhile, this thread has become so much more, though. Can't you see? You learned about the history of your city, voices from above and beyond the river, openly adressing that certainly unpleasand incest topic, thinking about Jerry and the great times, about all the things you actually appreciate and feel proud about, suddenly feeling a bit closer to the whole community, feeling like that dividing Ohio River actually has bridges so people can meet... and that you all could come together and perform a huge, never-to-be-forgotten chicken dance.

Now doesn't that sound nice?
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 05:35 PM)hollodero Wrote: Yes it was. But I guess we then all kind of agreed that there's nothing wrong with pretzels and that beer is great if it's great beer. But if you'd like to add something to that, feel free!

Meanwhile, this thread has become so much more, though. Can't you see? You learned about the history of your city, voices from above and beyond the river, openly adressing that certainly unpleasand incest topic, thinking about Jerry and the great times, about all the things you actually appreciate and feel proud about, suddenly feeling a bit closer to the whole community, feeling like that dividing Ohio River actually has bridges so people can meet...  and that you all could come together and perform a huge, never-to-be-forgotten chicken dance.

You're not pinning all that on me, man.  I'm just here for the refreshments.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 05:43 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: You're not pinning all that on me, man.  I'm just here for the refreshments.

I do understand.
I'd very much like to offer you a fine, cold beer, but there are technical difficulties. You might want to get one out of your own fridge and think about me.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 05:49 PM)hollodero Wrote: I do understand.
I'd very much like to offer you a fine, cold beer, but there are technical difficulties. You might want to get one out of your own fridge and think about me.

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 04:36 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: This post was brought to you from River road, just a stones throw from Delhi.

Got it. That's a rather long road, though. And a long small arm of city seems to have developed around it.
So, what's the deal with Delhi?
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 07:42 PM)hollodero Wrote: Got it. That's a rather long road, though. And a long small arm of city seems to have developed around it.
So, what's the deal with Delhi?

Just to point out, it's not pronounced like the capital of India.  It's pronounced dell-high.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 07:50 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Just to point out, it's not pronounced like the capital of India.  It's pronounced dell-high.

Yeah, and it's Latin for "computer up in the air."
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 05:20 PM)hollodero Wrote: ...eh, I guess you really don't. That's just PC, not insight. One of your own suburbs is called "Indian Hill". Now maybe there were some brave Kalkutta folks defending the hill against the Confederates, but I doubt that storyline. It's more because of Native Americans how you really kept calling them. And as long as the Colts are not called Native Americanapolis Colts, I keep believing that deep down you're still searching for the curry.

Lulz.....sure thing champ.  Well , I call them Native Americans....or by their tribe name.  You see....there's some of us ol hillbillies that intermingled with Natives to avoid incest.  My great grandmother was 3/4 Cherokee.  My favorite NCAAF team is the Seminoles. Wink

I have no idea....since I am from several miles further south....but I'd wager Indian Hills was named before the days of PC. I know the subdivision in my hometown by that name was developed in the late 50s/early 60s.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Both the Bengals owner and his daughter (the future owner) live in Indian Hill. They even live on the same street. (That's the Cleveland in them showing through.)
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 05:35 PM)hollodero Wrote: Yes it was. But I guess we then all kind of agreed that there's nothing wrong with pretzels and that beer is great if it's great beer. But if you'd like to add something to that, feel free!

Meanwhile, this thread has become so much more, though. Can't you see? You learned about the history of your city, voices from above and beyond the river, openly adressing that certainly unpleasand incest topic, thinking about Jerry and the great times, about all the things you actually appreciate and feel proud about, suddenly feeling a bit closer to the whole community, feeling like that dividing Ohio River actually has bridges so people can meet...  and that you all could come together and perform a huge, never-to-be-forgotten chicken dance.

All nice, trivial, and condescending..

However, did you also discover that Cincinnati is also home to Graeters Ice Cream?  Or know that the Reds, or Redstockings as they were first known were the 1st professional Baseball team?  Did you also not discover that Cincinnati was a major stop on the underground railroad, during the slave era?  Cincinnati was also home to the 1st public TV station.  The Cincinnati Symphony is one of the oldest orchestras in the Nation.  Cincinnati was the first town in it's State to have a published newspaper.  Cincinnati is home to world known film director Stephen Spielberg.  Cincinnati was the first city to have a municipal paid Fire Department.  Cincinnati home of the oldest American professional observatory.  Home of the 1st reinforced steel skyscraper.  Procter and Gamble corporation formed in Cincinnati.  Gorilla Glue born in Cincinnati, also named one of the best workplaces in 1999.  Not to mention, the Cincinnati museum of natural history is and excellent place to take the kids for an interesting and educational visit, while in town before a Reds or Bengals game.

Your welcome. Wink

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 09:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: All nice, trivial, and condescending..

Oh thank you! I tried hard...

(08-31-2016, 09:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: However, did you also discover that Cincinnati is also home to Graeters Ice Cream?  Or know that the Reds, or Redstockings as they were first known were the 1st professional Baseball team?  Did you also not discover that Cincinnati was a major stop on the underground railroad, during the slave era?  Cincinnati was also home to the 1st public TV station.  The Cincinnati Symphony is one of the oldest orchestras in the Nation.  Cincinnati was the first town in it's State to have a published newspaper.  Cincinnati is home to world known film director Stephen Spielberg.  Cincinnati was the first city to have a municipal paid Fire Department.  Cincinnati home of the oldest American professional observatory.  Home of the 1st reinforced steel skyscraper.  Procter and Gamble corporation formed in Cincinnati.  Gorilla Glue born in Cincinnati, also named one of the best workplaces in 1999.  Not to mention, the Cincinnati museum of natural history is and excellent place to take the kids for an interesting and educational visit, while in town before a Reds or Bengals game.

Your welcome. Wink

In fact I read about almost all of these things and then some. I just couldn't really make use of them here. What good would it do if I created a thread in which I praise what can rightfully be praised and suck up to you like I wanted love and rep points? When in fact I just want my post count to go up.
In all honesty though, for all I know and saw through, Cincy seems like a more than decent place to live and there's plenty to be proud of. It might be time to clarify that. Before I leave this kind of friendly talk to this Packers guy again.

In all mockery again, Cincy's fine - it's more the people of Cincy I'm concerned with Wink
I mean, if you don't want to get mocked don't let Weird Al talk you into things.
And what in the name of the holy spirit Shiva is this whole "Cornhole" thing? You apparently in alarmingly high numbers spend your time throwing bags filled with corn at a lifted board with a hole... ah, why would I need explain that to you, you obviously all know and love it. That is such an odd thing to do. Who would have figured that "Corn bag fallen over" actually IS big news to you?
Reply/Quote
holla. what you reppin?
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 12:06 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: holla.  what you reppin?

Can you or someone translate that from whatever this is into a sequence of words that allows me to successfully process this question?
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 12:16 AM)hollodero Wrote: Can you or someone translate that from whatever this is into a sequence of words that allows me to successfully process this question?

where u stay at?
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 12:20 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: where u stay at?

Better.

Vienna, Austria.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 12:38 PM)Wyche Wrote: Now, as for the rest, when the Industrial Revolution dawned, and we moved from an agrarian society to one of mechanization, the factories mostly originated up north.  With that being the case, tons of folks from these areas migrated north to find work in the factories once most of their land had been "bought" or seized for mineral rights (see coal).  I have quite a few distant relatives, and some close ones who did just that in the 40s-70s.  So you see, it stands to reason, that the very people these folks are making fun of, may just be down the line in their very own ancestry. ThumbsUp

This is true and many won't admit they have aunts and uncles who speak southern, Ky. Although most dead, because it was a very "tough" generation. Lots of violent points of views (at least in my family) and whiskey. I guess the two go together. However, the hardest working SOBs of their time. Some will read what I wrote and poke fun. Some will know exactly what I'm talking about.   Smirk

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 12:24 AM)hollodero Wrote: Better.

Vienna, Austria.

wut bettr?  taut I arsked it rite.

u like vem sausyjages?
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 12:24 AM)hollodero Wrote: Better.

Vienna, Austria.

you stuff dem tiny saucyjages during off hours?  yer abairable times skank up rarey goods wif ur tim szconez.
Reply/Quote
Dude, you really should not type while chicken dancing.
Reply/Quote