Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
So, Trump is a racist alright.
(08-09-2019, 02:33 PM)Dill Wrote: Looks like Trump is reversing "reverse racism."

People were getting tired of civil rights anyway.

Can't say I disagree considering how many people want to make "hate speech" illegal.

(08-13-2019, 06:05 AM)BakertheBeast Wrote: I heard on the news that Trump and Melanie sent their condolences to the shooting victims in Dayton and El Paso. Does anyone know if they sent their thoughts and prayers too like they did in all the other mass shootings?

I don't understand what the point of responding to empathy with assholery is. 

(08-13-2019, 03:12 PM)GMDino Wrote: Racist, dumb, hates poor people, whatever.

Unless there's context that's outside your post, I don't see how this is racist.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Mellow

ript>
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-13-2019, 04:40 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Can't say I disagree considering how many people want to make "hate speech" illegal.

Unless there's context that's outside your post, I don't see how this is racist.
Of course you don't.  That goes without saying.
(08-15-2019, 06:07 AM)BakertheBeast Wrote: Of course you don't.  That goes without saying.

Well, admitting you're an asshole is a start. Kudos.  ThumbsUp
(08-13-2019, 04:40 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Can't say I disagree considering how many people want to make "hate speech" illegal.

(08-15-2019, 01:48 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Well, admitting you're an asshole is a start. Kudos.  ThumbsUp

Where, pray tell, does one acquire such a vast vocabulary?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-15-2019, 03:32 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Where, pray tell, does one acquire such a vast vocabulary?

Verily, I tell thee: for some, eloquence comes naturally; others, less so. Fortunately, one need only study and, depending on one's aptitude in learning, could quickly find him or herself espousing many hypersesquipadalean amidst their many conversations throughout the day. As for this writer, my voluminous vocabulary comes quite naturally and as a result of having hyper-intelligent parental units prone to using obscure words and outmoded speech.

ThumbsUp
Hyperoldetymemakeumups.

Tell your parents they failed.
(08-15-2019, 01:48 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Well, admitting you're an asshole is a start. Kudos.  ThumbsUp

Seems to me any Trumplican who believes Trump has empathy for anyone is the asshole. ThumbsUp
(08-15-2019, 03:54 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Verily, I tell thee: for some, eloquence comes naturally; others, less so. Fortunately, one need only study and, depending on one's aptitude in learning, could quickly find him or herself espousing many hypersesquipadalean amidst their many conversations throughout the day. As for this writer, my voluminous vocabulary comes quite naturally and as a result of having hyper-intelligent parental units prone to using obscure words and outmoded speech.

ThumbsUp

Whoever made this meme must of had persons such as yourself in mind. Hilarious

[Image: ildht5wu77t7xhr4g.jpg]

Keep embarrassing yourself.
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/458481-justice-department-sent-white-nationalist-content-to

Quote:Justice Department sent white nationalist content to immigration court employees: report

A union for immigration judges alleged that the Department of Justice sent an email to all immigration court employees that included a link to an article from a white nationalist website that “directly attacks sitting immigration judges with racial and ethnically tinged slurs,” BuzzFeed News reported Thursday.

The National Association of Immigration Judges said the DOJ’s Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR) sent court employees a link to an article from VDare, a white nationalist website, in its morning news briefing Monday that included anti-Semitic references to judges. 

The emails are sent to court employees on weekdays, and they include links to news articles about immigration. The blog post in question includes reporting about the DOJ taking steps to decertify the immigration judges' union, and it allegedly includes pictures of some judges with the label “Kritarch” before their names, an anti-Semitic slur.

“The post features links and content that directly attacks sitting immigration judges with racial and ethnically tinged slurs and the label ‘Kritarch.’ The reference to Kritarch in a negative tone is deeply offensive and Anti-Semitic,” union chief 

Ashley Tabaddor wrote in a Thursday letter to James McHenry, the director of the EOIR.  

“VDare’s use of the term in a pejorative manner casts Jewish history in a negative light as an Anti-Semitic trope of Jews seeking power and control,” she continued.  

A former senior Department of Justice official, who was not named, explained to BuzzFeed News that the email was "generated by a third-party vendor that utilizes keyword searches to produce news clippings for staff."

"It is not reviewed or approved by staff before it is transmitted," the official added.

Tabaddor demanded that McHenry take immediate action for the shared post, withdrawing the email and issuing an apology, BuzzFeed News reported. She also called on the EOIR to take “all appropriate safety and security measures.”

“Publication and dissemination of a white supremacist, anti-semitic website throughout the EOIR is antithetical to the goals and ideals of the Department of Justice,” Tabbaddor wrote.

EOIR assistant press secretary Kathryn Mattingly said in a statement to The Hill that the news briefings "are compiled by a contractor and the blog post should not have been included."

"The Department of Justice condemns Anti-Semitism in the strongest terms," Mattingly said.
(08-22-2019, 11:40 PM)GMDino Wrote: https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/458481-justice-department-sent-white-nationalist-content-to

Use of power to chill opposition/criticism of Trump policies. An attempt to "uncheck" another of our checks and balances.

Apparently with the approval of white nationalists.
(08-16-2019, 01:16 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Hyperoldetymemakeumups.  

Tell your parents they failed.

My parents failed because I'm educated? Not an asshole? Capable of taking and making a joke?

(08-16-2019, 06:20 AM)BakertheBeast Wrote: Seems to me any Trumplican who believes Trump has empathy for anyone is the asshole. ThumbsUp

I'm not a "Trumplican".

And I don't think anyone that believes Trump has empathy for anyone is the asshole. Deluded, maybe, but not an asshole.

(08-16-2019, 06:24 AM)BakertheBeast Wrote: Whoever made this meme must of had persons such as yourself in mind. Hilarious

[Image: ildht5wu77t7xhr4g.jpg]

Keep embarrassing yourself.

Can't see the meme on my work PC, but don't worry, not embarrassed.  ThumbsUp

Wait, aren't you a Browns fan? And you have the audacity to claim OTHERS are embarrassing themselves?  Nervous
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2019/09/16/donald-trump-steve-cortes-he-looks-more-like-wasp-than-do/2348378001/

Quote:At his Monday evening campaign rally in New Mexico, President Donald Trump touted his support among Hispanic voters, and pointed to a member of his campaign's Hispanic Advisory Council, saying "Who do you like more, the country or the Hispanics?"

Speaking about Steve Cortes, Trump said "He happens to be Hispanic, but I’ve never quite figured it out because he looks more like a WASP than I do."

WASP stands for white Anglo-Saxon Protestant. 

Cortes has been a paid commentator on CNN, but Trump has accused the network of silencing Cortes for supporting the president. 

Cortes "was on CNN and they didn’t like him because he was too positive on Trump, can you believe it?" Trump said at his rally Monday.

Trump has previously reportedly criticized CNN for lacking commentators who support him. "CNN is 100%, they would never, in fact, they just fired Steve Cortes, a phenomenal guy," he said in a radio interview last month, according to the Washington Examiner.

But Cortes is still on CNN's payroll, also according to the Examiner. The Washington Examiner also reported that Cortes has not appeared on the network recently.

In an op-ed published Friday in the Florida Daily, Cortes wrote that "Hispanic-Americans have benefited greatly, with our unemployment rate currently sitting at an all-time low."

"The mainstream media are still hoping for a Hispanic backlash against Trump in 2020 but given the president’s impressive record of accomplishments, especially when it comes to the booming economy, it’s more likely that President Trump will actually receive a boost from Hispanic voters as he pursues reelection," Cortes wrote.

Trump also said that Hispanic voters in New Mexico understand his push for a border wall better than others. 

"At the whole center of this crisis is the drugs that are pouring in and you understand that when other people don't understand it," Trump said.

At Monday's rally, Trump also again took the opportunity to bash Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., a top-tier Democratic presidential candidate, for her past claims of having Native American ancestry, using his nickname for her, "Pocahontas."

Trump mocked Warren for releasing results of a DNA test that show she had a Native ancestor, saying he has more Native blood than she does, "and I have none."

Warren has apologized -- more than once -- for her past claims of Native heritage.

New Mexico Rep. Debra Haaland, a Democrat, is one of two of the first Native American women to be elected to Congress in 2018. The state of 
New Mexico is almost 50% Hispanic or Latino and nearly 11% Native American, according to the Census Bureau.

"I'm the least racist person in this room," Trump also said during the rally, repeating one of his frequent phrases. 

Trump’s appearance in Rio Rancho, New Mexico, Monday is part of his campaign's strategy to flip New Mexico into the Republican column in 2020. The state has not been won by a Republican presidential candidate since 2004.

According to a spokesperson, Trump’s campaign believes it is polling well among Latino voters, the Farmington Daily Times reported before the rally

At the rally, Trump boasted about the state’s economy and low unemployment rates. He focused on increased oil production in New Mexico, which the campaign believes will resonate with voters there.

“You all look much better than you did three years ago,” he said.

Sunday marked the beginning of Hispanic Heritage Month to celebrate the contributions of Hispanic and Latino people in the United States. While Hispanic and Latino people make up about 18% of the United States population, according to the Census Bureau, the designation does not indicate a person's race. 

Hispanic and Latino Americans have a heritage in either Spanish-speaking or Latin American countries, but can be of any race.

"So I haven’t figured that one out, but I’ll tell you what, there’s nobody that loves this country more or Hispanics more than Steve Cortes,” Trump also said of Cortes during Monday's New Mexico rally.

"We love our Hispanics, get out and vote," Trump said.
Mellow
Mellow

(10-11-2019, 02:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

Was that the MN rally where he used Prince's music and now Prince's estate is going after him for it?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-11-2019, 03:22 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Was that the MN rally where he used Prince's music and now Prince's estate is going after him for it?

Yep.

Same rally he didn't pay for.

Of course he hasn't paid for any of his rallies so....
(10-11-2019, 03:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yep.

Same rally he didn't pay for.

Of course he hasn't paid for any of his rallies so....

That's right, the one where the city said they weren't paying for it and the private contractors demanded payment from the campaign.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-11-2019, 03:25 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: That's right, the one where the city said they weren't paying for it and the private contractors demanded payment from the campaign.

I wish them good luck in getting paid. Trump is pretty good at stiffing his workers.
After three years of racist rhetoric:

Someone told him this was a good line I bet.