Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, Who's Left?
(02-14-2019, 09:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The media made a lot of people hate Tebow too. 

Not me, Tebow was never going to be a great QB in the NFL but no one should question that dude.

If there is a person kids should look up to and be like it is Tebow nowadays.

Good man.

Plus he is not a bad baseball player...
Reply/Quote
Side note, did Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend ever make an album called "Who's Left?" after John Entwistle and Keith Moon died
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2019, 01:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Monte Kiffin is 79 but still on the Florida Atlantic staff as a "defensive assistant".

Well, experience would be covered.  Isn't he the father of the cover 2?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2019, 01:55 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I didn't post that tweet, someone else did (Pistons) and I quoted him. To me, it looked like Rebecca was answering a question, so I'm not sure where you're getting that someone debunked her. I think you read the tweets in the wrong order. Basically she made a claim about money being an issue, a guy replied saying "where are you getting your info, I heard money wasn't an issue" and she ended it by saying some beat writers were saying $750k is what the Bengals were offering.

As for Rex, I'd love to have him, but I don't know whether or not money would be an issue. I do know he's been doing media stuff and maybe he's happy with that. If not, again, I'd love to have him.

Yeah, that's kinda what I meant, just didn't word it right.

Again, it's all hearsay,  I suppose, but more than one media person has said he wants to coach again.   He's never struck me s a sit on the sidelines and talk football guy anyway.  I believe the rumors or whatever they are.  He's a get back in the game guy, imo.

Now, I'm not saying get him for chicken feed.  But I don' think money would be the deciding factor if a good offer was made.

And seriously, how could anyone in their right mind think the Bengals would offer a guy making a million and a hlf three quarters of a mil. That would be the definition of stupid.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2019, 03:41 PM)McC Wrote: Well, experience would be covered.  

LeBeau doesn't turn 82 until September.

If we signed them both they could take turns napping.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 11:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Man, it's all speculation at this point. I'm not jumping off a bridge, it's just something to talk about. Me saying "this doesn't look good" isn't me saying "welp, I may as well end my life...2019 is dead in the water". I'm just reacting to the news, which is hard to spin as positive at the moment.

tweets are not news... they are one persons post.
Reply/Quote
Next up for DC consideration, some guy playing Madden 2019 that only allowed people he played against an average of 13 points a game. I'm just kidding here guys don't kill me. :)

That said I am not too happy with how the coaching revamp seems to be going. It seems it started out strong and then fizzled out. I'll hope for the best at this point. Hopefully with this new totally revamped coaching it also means the front office is willing to invest in free agency. Otherwise I fear we will have an inexperienced coach with a very inexperienced staff trying to do the best they can with what we already have, with a budget friendly free agent or two, and banking on draft picks.

Edit: And Maybe it is a problem with Zac and his personality or vision. I know not many want to embrace that because, "New coach, new things! So very awesome! It isn't Marvin". But hiring his staff seems to be a issue and maybe it is time to be concerned. A good franchise with a good head coach people trusted would have defensive coaches lining up asking to be interviewed. Instead it seems we are picking off the scrap pile at this point. That makes me sad.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
and so it goes....

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
That is insane. Looking at Ohio State's coordinator and he turns down an interview?
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2019, 08:53 PM)pally Wrote: and so it goes....

Well, at least that's a guy doing the right thing and not a guy thumbing his nose at us.

I'm still thinking Rex.

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2019, 06:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: LeBeau doesn't turn 82 until September.

If we signed them both they could take turns napping.

Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2019, 09:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That is insane. Looking at Ohio State's coordinator and he turns down an interview?

He just got the job.  How is that so hard to understand?

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2019, 06:30 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: tweets are not news... they are one persons post.

Hence me saying "it's all speculation at this point".

When I said I'm just reacting to the news, I was speaking in general about this coaching search, which is turning into a mess that's being reported on by numerous real media outlets.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
There will be a buttload of guys out there regretting their decisions in about two years when we are the next big thing in the league.

And really, what's wrong with a little comedy?

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2019, 03:41 PM)McC Wrote: Well, experience would be covered.  Isn't he the father of the cover 2?

No, cover 2 dates back to the Steelers of the 70s. Tampa just made it their staple defense for awhile, but it's been around a long time.

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2019, 10:09 PM)BengalChris Wrote: No, cover 2 dates back to the Steelers of the 70s. Tampa just made it their staple defense for awhile, but it's been around a long time.

Thank you.  I always like to be educated.

Reply/Quote
I can't believe coaches of any kind aren't faxing in their applications.

It is a gig as a DC in the NFL. 1 of 32 in the whole world. And nobody wants it?

He has to have some options. Soon we'll be left with someone from the AAF, and they may be tempted to turn us down.

It'd be "innovative" per Hobspin I'm sure.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2019, 10:53 PM)jj22 Wrote: I can't believe coaches of any kind aren't faxing in their applications.

It is a gig as a DC in the NFL. 1 of 32 in the whole world. And nobody wants it?

He has to have some options. Soon we'll be left with someone from the AAF, and they may be tempted to turn us down.

It'd be "innovative" per Hobspin I'm sure.

Correct. This just doesn't happen in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2019, 10:10 PM)McC Wrote: Thank you.  I always like to be educated.

Here's a link that explains the history of it a little. I just found it and learned some new things from it that I didn't know before.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tampa_2

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2019, 10:01 PM)McC Wrote: Well, at least that's a guy doing the right thing and not a guy thumbing his nose at us.

I'm still thinking Rex.

Feel the same.
Reply/Quote