Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, Who's Left?
(02-14-2019, 04:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well Grantham gave it as his reason to not come here.

You know what?  Gimme the guy that says hell yeah, give me those guys you've got and I'll make them winners.  Screw the guy who has to have everything just right.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 04:36 PM)Wyche Wrote: I brought it up a couple of times this morning.....maybe folks are concerned about the personnel.  Grantham seems to have confirmed that.

from what ive seen he didn't want to move his kids and why do so for a minor raise. if hes happy where he is
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 05:51 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: from what ive seen he didn't want to move his kids and why do so for a minor raise. if hes happy where he is

He had a few reasons, apparently....personnel being one of them.  Who can blame the guy?  They played like dogshit last season.  No two ways about it.  That said, I'm sure the family dynamic and the raise were a big part of it too.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 05:48 PM)Phil in BG Wrote: Has anyone seen anything about Mike Elko (Texas A&M) interviewing? I know he's been mentioned, but I've seen nothing about an actual interview. He has years of quality DC experience at the college level.

All i have heard is him being mentioned but would love Elko.

His Defense was very good in college especially against the run.

Just heard Rex Ryan was heading to Cincy.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 06:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All i have heard is him being mentioned but would love Elko.

His Defense was very good in college especially against the run.

Just heard Rex Ryan was heading to Cincy.

Seriously?  Get out yer popcorn. My question is--was he invited?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 06:12 PM)McC Wrote: Seriously?  Get out yer popcorn. 

We will see if it is true soon enough, could be BS with all these damn rumours.

But if Taylor likes Rex i am all for it. All i have ever wanted is for him to get the guys HE wants.

He didn't want the guy i wanted the most in Del Rio and that is fine with me. It is up to Zac.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 06:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We will see if it is true soon enough, could be BS with all these damn rumours.

But if Taylor likes Rex i am all for it. All i have ever wanted is for him to get the guys HE wants.

He didn't want the guy i wanted the most in Del Rio and that is fine with me. It is up to Zac.

Was he invited or is he just gonna storm the gates and demand to be heard?

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 06:18 PM)McC Wrote: Was he invited or is he just gonna storm the gates and demand to be heard?

Lol, don't know any details yet but man he does have a strong personality surprised Taylor would even think of him if he wants to be the main guy but Rex was a damn good DC and knows the AFC North very well.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 06:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lol, don't know any details yet but man he does have a strong personality surprised Taylor would even think of him if he wants to be the main guy but Rex was a damn good DC and knows the AFC North very well.

If Rex wants back into Head Coaching, this might be the way.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 03:10 PM)Okeana Wrote: his personality issues only came into play when he was a head coach.  He is a phenomenal defensive coach tho

Agreed. Rex wasn't really known as a mouth til he got to the Jets. I'd love to have him at this point. Great DC with the HC experience most wanted. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 08:30 PM)McC Wrote: If Rex wants back into Head Coaching, this might be the way.

It would and hopefully after we win a ring or two he becomes a HC somewhere else...

(02-14-2019, 08:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Agreed. Rex wasn't really known as a mouth til he got to the Jets. I'd love to have him at this point. Great DC with the HC experience most wanted. 

True, man did i dislike Rex on the Jets. Annoying SOB.

But i would take him at DC happily at this point even if i want Elko more.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 08:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It would and hopefully after we win a ring or two he becomes a HC somewhere else...

True, man did i dislike Rex on the Jets. Annoying SOB.

But i would take him at DC happily at this point even if i want Elko more.

I know I'm in the minority, but I loved Rex with the Jets. I found him highly entertaining, good for the sport, and I respected that he was trying to pump his guys up.

Again, I know I'm in the minority on that though. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 08:49 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I know I'm in the minority, but I loved Rex with the Jets. I found him highly entertaining, good for the sport, and I respected that he was trying to pump his guys up.

Again, I know I'm in the minority on that though. 

I can see why i just get tired of the way the media focuses on certain personalities.

The media might be what annoyed me more about the whole situation.

Just like they were up the Stains skirts all last year and Mayfield...

And i liked Mayfield at Oklahoma.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 09:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I can see why i just get tired of the way the media focuses on certain personalities.

The media might be what annoyed me more about the whole situation.

Just like they were up the Stains skirts all last year and Mayfield...

And i liked Mayfield at Oklahoma.

The media made a lot of people hate Tebow too. 
Reply/Quote
Any verification on Rex being in Cincy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bengals football, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet.
Reply/Quote
Joey Porter is looking for work... Excuse me; Jerry Porter is looking for work.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 11:19 PM)jason Wrote: Joey Porter is looking for work... Excuse me; Jerry Porter is looking for work.

Joey Porter is a thug. Even Pittsburgh can’t stand him anymore.

Bengals football, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 11:08 PM)Phil in BG Wrote: Any verification on Rex being in Cincy?

I couldn't find it anywhere.
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote