Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So...was Marvin holding Ross back?
(09-13-2019, 10:31 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Bingo

You don't play a guy at starting LT 11 games into a season when it's painfully obvious to the entire world 2 games into the season he's not an NFL LT.

And you don't bench a rookie after his first NFL play for a fumble that 95% of the time due to the nature of the hit/fumble is a fumble for anybody.

DUDE can you not read or are you willfully ignorate of the ross situation year 1... He was hurt he didn't get benched for the year. Ross himself said this.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 11:42 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: DUDE can you not read or are you willfully ignorate of the ross situation year 1... He was hurt he didn't get benched for the year. Ross himself said this.

I know he was hurt in the beginning, but didn’t he post that clip of him in practice after the season ended with a salty caption? Can’t quite remember what it said, but it targeted Marvin’s comments on him not being ready
Reply/Quote
Either way, I do think Ross won’t live up to where he was drafted. I can’t help but think this was one of the more painful picks we’ve had. The next 3 players drafted? Mahomes, Lattimore, and Watson.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 11:40 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So which one should he have done?  

Should he have benched Ogbuehi all year (who would have replaced him?) or should he have played Ross all year even though he was not ready to play.

If you demand consistency from Marvin then you have to show consistency yourself.

I'd probably lean towards allowing a guy to learn on the job...but if he clearly demonstrated he wasn't getting it done after a certain amount of time, i'd pull him.

The "pulling him" is the difficult part. Marv wasn't the devil and he wasn't all bad, but the better coaches in the league have a better grasp on player development than Marv did.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
If Marvin fell over in the woods and no one was around, would Fred still defend him?

Asking for a friend.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If ML was still HC he would Ross buried on the depth
Chart behind Core
Then when asked why Ross isn't getting snaps
Marvin would respond with a
"Well each day we are teaching John how to practice
Right and do the little things nessacary to be a WR in the NFL.
When we get to that point we will let him him
Carry the Gatorade but for now he's getting my 1 dollar
McDonalds coffee."
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 04:49 PM)impactplaya Wrote: If ML was still HC he would Ross buried on the depth
Chart behind Core
Then when asked why Ross isn't getting snaps
Marvin would respond with a
"Well each day we are teaching John how to practice
Right and do the little things nessacary to be a WR in the NFL.
When we get to that point we will let him him
Carry the Gatorade but for now he's getting my 1 dollar
McDonalds coffee."

Boy that is hilarious.  You should be a professional comic.

Too bad you are so completely clueless that you don't realize Marvin played Ross over Core all of last year.

But we need some clowns to laugh at around here.  Keep up the good work.
Reply/Quote