Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
So what exactly is our plan for Wide Receiver?
(03-09-2016, 05:02 PM)Stormborn Wrote: What happens when you're the victims of a bad market

You'd think teams would be scared off by the signings of Michael Johnson and Anthony Collins etc though.

It's not like a ton of Bengals have been successful elsewhere.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 04:53 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Good God ATL offering Sanu 7 mill?

Go get some Mo.

https://twitter.com/diannaespn/status/707653969246560256

Thanks for your service, Mo. Have fun in Atlanta.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Part of me wants to laugh at the absurd paychecks our #2 and #3 WRs (aka our #3 and #4 targets) are getting...but part of me fears the amount of resources we are going to need to throw down the proverbial well in an attempt to fill this hole.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 05:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Part of me wants to laugh at the absurd paychecks our #2 and #3 WRs (aka our #3 and #4 targets) are getting...but part of me fears the amount of resources we are going to need to throw down the proverbial well in an attempt to fill this hole.

They were 3rd and 5th rounders. Nothing is saying we can't replace them with similar talents. Also I think we will bring in a veteran and they have high hopes for James Wright.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 05:06 PM)Au165 Wrote: They were 3rd and 5th rounders. Nothing is saying we can't replace them with similar talents. Also I think we will bring in a veteran and they have high hopes for James Wright.

I hear ya, I'm just saying that we have a rather large hole now and it's pretty clear we are going to be desperate to fill it.  This opens to door to overpaying for FA's or tossing a much higher pick at WR to get a guy who can hopefully contribute faster than Marvin Jones and Sanu did.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 05:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Between AJ, what Eifert would be worth if he weren't so young, and what Marvin Jones and Sanu are getting it seems like we had a $40 million receiving crew last year.  Maybe we really DID miss our chance to win it all!

lol maybe. Duke Tobin is a hell of a personnel guy.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 05:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I hear ya, I'm just saying that we have a rather large hole now and it's pretty clear we are going to be desperate to fill it.  This opens to door to overpaying for FA's or tossing a much higher pick at WR to get a guy who can hopefully contribute faster than Marvin Jones and Sanu did.

I think this just ensures a WR in round 1. Unless all heck breaks loose and we lose Pacman .
Reply/Quote
Count down until Hobson starts talking up Krumerow as a legitimate #2
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 05:34 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Count down until Hobson starts talking up Krumerow as a legitimate #2

What about Taint?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 05:43 PM)Wyche Wrote: What about Taint?

Yeah, I guess he could just repurpose some old content he wrote on him previously.  ***off to dig it up***
Reply/Quote
Resign pacman and draft doctson. Wouldn't mind signing andre johnson or boldin
Reply/Quote
Sanu is in Atlanta visiting.
Reply/Quote
I heard Matt Jones outran a cheetah in high school. Let's go get him.

[Image: matt-jones.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 06:23 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I heard Matt Jones outran a cheetah in high school.  Let's go get him.

[Image: matt-jones.jpg]

Great memories on the old board.

Endless Caldwell vs. Matt Jones debates.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 04:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yawn

Tiresome post is what this is. We brought back Iloka, who was our youngest, most talented FA who is
easily top 5 at his position. This was the bigger need and better than bringing back our 3rd receiver
for #1 money. We have Green, Eifert, Gio, Burkhead, Tate still and we can add a FA WR and a Draft
pick as well. We needed to bring back Iloka or Reggie, that was a need.

Still need to bring back Adam, they don't do this i will *****, but not until then.

BWAHhahahahahhhhh, he sad Tate
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
Lions are paying 13 million this year for Marvin Jones ...  It's red panty night in his house.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 06:50 PM)Okeana Wrote: Lions are paying 13 million this year for Marvin Jones ...  It's red panty night in his house.

Lol and he will be injured. Just watch.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 06:35 PM)mhbsavant Wrote: BWAHhahahahahhhhh, he sad Tate

Ninja
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 01:29 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Like an "Antonio Bryant" type of player?  Hilarious

Or Coles or Westbrook?
Reply/Quote
It's alright guys, I heard that James Wright was playing Julio Jones and Mario Alford was playing TY Hilton for the scouting teams and they were UNCOVERABLE.

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote