Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
So what exactly is our plan for Wide Receiver?
(03-09-2016, 04:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yawn

Tiresome post is what this is. We brought back Iloka, who was our youngest, most talented FA who is
easily top 5 at his position. This was the bigger need and better than bringing back our 3rd receiver
for #1 money. We have Green, Eifert, Gio, Burkhead, Tate still and we can add a FA WR and a Draft
pick as well. We needed to bring back Iloka or Reggie, that was a need.

Still need to bring back Adam, they don't do this i will *****, but not until then.

I think your finger missed the "1" key before the 5 key so it looks like you just said 5.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 07:36 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I think your finger missed the "1" key before the 5 key so it looks like you just said 5.

I forgot to put Alford and James Wright in that post but i stand by that Iloka is a top 5 Safety in this
league. His only problem has been his inability to stay healthy. He has more range than any Safety in
this league at 6'4" and his ability to cover. He is a big hitter as well and can pick QB's off.

QB's just don't throw his way cause he is so big and rangy.

All this added to his youth and he was one of the top Safeties in FA this year if not the top.

I love Reggie TLL but with his age George was the better player to re-sign.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 07:28 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: It's alright guys, I heard that James Wright was playing Julio Jones and Mario Alford was playing TY Hilton for the scouting teams and they were UNCOVERABLE.

Ninja

RG3 was apparently the safety on the scout team in 2015...so maybe we bring him in? Hell, I saw some kids playing catch in the street one said "I'm Jerry Rice!" and the other said "I'm Jerry Rice, too!" and then the third kid said "I'm Batman!" Personally, I think we should sign all three of them.

Can you imagine DC's trying to scheme to cover AJ Green, Tyler Eiftert, Jerry Rice, another Jerry Rice, and BATMAN?!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 07:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I forgot to put Alford and James Wright in that post but i stand by that Iloka is a top 5 Safety in this
league. His only problem has been his inability to stay healthy. He has more range than any Safety in
this league at 6'4" and his ability to cover. He is a big hitter as well and can pick QB's off.

QB's just don't throw his way cause he is so big and rangy.

All this added to his youth and he was one of the top Safeties in FA this year if not the top.

I love Reggie TLL but with his age George was the better player to re-sign.

Earl Thomas, Eric Berry, Tyrann Matthieu, Glover Quin, Tashaun Gipson, Kam Chancellor, TJ Ward?, Reggie Nelson, Harrison Smith, Eric Weddle, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix

Iloka is in that 12-20 range. That's not counting the young guys who haven't had enough time to form a proper opinion, like Landon Collins.

Iloka doesn't have the stats, Pro Bowls, All-Pros, or PFF scores (if you want to judge game tape, gotta have some kind of guide) to put him in the top 5 spots, let alone easily do so. He's a big dude with potential. That said, he doesn't have the accomplishments to go with that potential yet. Even if you want to ignore all the stats and awards and such, PFF which judges based off game tape has NEVER had Iloka rated higher than Nelson.

Just saying.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 08:03 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Earl Thomas, Eric Berry, Tyrann Matthieu, Glover Quin, Tashaun Gipson, Kam Chancellor, TJ Ward?, Reggie Nelson, Harrison Smith, Eric Weddle, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix

Iloka is in that 12-20 range. That's not counting the young guys who haven't had enough time to form a proper opinion, like Landon Collins.

Iloka doesn't have the stats, Pro Bowls, All-Pros, or PFF scores (if you want to judge game tape, gotta have some kind of guide) to put him in the top 5 spots, let alone easily do so. He's a big dude with potential. That said, he doesn't have the accomplishments to go with that potential yet. Even if you want to ignore all the stats and awards and such, PFF which judges based off game tape has NEVER had Iloka rated higher than Nelson.

Just saying.

He has been the center fielder on a team that doesn't give up many big plays and has been consistently in the top 10. Had a pretty long streak of not giving up a TD too. Leon Hall was a good corner for a long while. How many pro bowls and all pros did he have. Same for Reggie Nelson, how many pro bowls and all pros.

I thought Iloka was the one that came on and became the one calling the shots in the secondary. Crocker had to do it for a while because Reggie couldn't and when Reggie was called on to do it it he was in over his head.
Reply/Quote
Why don't we sign Josh Gordon for a year and make his contract incentive based ( coming to practice, staying out of trouble, etc)?? Him and AJ Green would tear secondaries up. He's still fairly young compared to any of the other available wide outs. Then draft another receiver (slot) and focus on a double tight end set with the Twin Tylers.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 09:34 PM)Siete Uno Uno Wrote: Why don't we sign Josh Gordon for a year and make his contract incentive based ( coming to practice, staying out of trouble, etc)?? Him and AJ Green would tear secondaries up. He's still fairly young compared to any of the other available wide outs. Then draft another receiver (slot) and focus on a double tight end set with the Twin Tylers.

Maybe cause we can't?
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 09:34 PM)Siete Uno Uno Wrote: Why don't we sign Josh Gordon for a year and make his contract incentive based ( coming to practice, staying out of trouble, etc)?? Him and AJ Green would tear secondaries up. He's still fairly young compared to any of the other available wide outs. Then draft another receiver (slot) and focus on a double tight end set with the Twin Tylers.

He's not a free agent.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 09:37 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: He's not a free agent.

I just realized it. I thought he was a free agent this year. It's next year
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 09:05 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: He has been the center fielder on a team that doesn't give up many big plays and has been consistently in the top 10. Had a pretty long streak of not giving up a TD too. Leon Hall was a good corner for a long while. How many pro bowls and all pros did he have. Same for Reggie Nelson, how many pro bowls and all pros.

I thought Iloka was the one that came on and became the one calling the shots in the secondary. Crocker had to do it for a while because Reggie couldn't and when Reggie was called on to do it it he was in over his head.

Hall was a 2nd team All-Pro in 2009 and was one of the better CBs in the NFL before he tore his achilles the first time, then the second time. Lets see Iloka get on the All-Pro list and then tear his achilles twice before we give him excuses for not getting any more.

Nelson has one of each, which is still one more of each than Iloka has.

Don't get me wrong, I am glad Iloka re-signed, but he's not a better safety right this second than Nelson, let alone a top-5 safety in the entire NFL.

- - - - -
If that was true, why was Nelson made defensive Captain in 2015? Iloka only played 59.3% of the defensive snaps in 2015, so I doubt he was calling the shots considering the secondary played great with and without him.

Reply/Quote
Hobson was on the radio gushing about Kumerow, so it's starting.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 10:05 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Hobson was on the radio gushing about Kumerow, so it's starting.

He is Joey Bosa's cousin...
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 10:05 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Hobson was on the radio gushing about Kumerow, so it's starting.

Kumerow impressed the hell out of me last preseason. Don't think he's a #2 but he can definitely be a viable #3. 
Reply/Quote

Unlike other WRs in the past, Kumerow actually had some desirable traits outside of looking good in practice.
Nice 4/5 WR type
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 08:03 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Iloka doesn't have the stats, Pro Bowls, All-Pros, or PFF scores (if you want to judge game tape, gotta have some kind of guide) to put him in the top 5 spots,

Actually PFF had him ranked very highly.

Anyone have the PFF safety rankings?.  I know I was surprised to see them rate Iloka ahead of Nelson as a free agent.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/02/09/pro-top-10-safeties-about-to-hit-free-agency/
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 10:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually PFF had him ranked very highly.

Anyone have the PFF safety rankings?.  I know I was surprised to see them rate Iloka ahead of Nelson as a free agent.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/02/09/pro-top-10-safeties-about-to-hit-free-agency/

They take age into consideration. Nelson certainly only has like 2 more years in him while Iloka has 6-8. Nelson has peaked while Iloka can still get better.

Never argued against any of that, Iloka has more remaining potential and remaining playing time than Nelson. Just argued that Iloka isn't a top-5 safety in the NFL, and Nelson is better if you want/need to win right now, which I really think the Bengals need to be looking at going all in the next two years before their window starts closing.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 10:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually PFF had him ranked very highly.

I can't access the final full rankings but with just one week left in the season PFF had Iloka rated at 84.0 which was better than T.J. Ward (79.8), Ha Ha Clinton-Dix (81.1), Glover Quinn (75.6), and Kam Chancellor (81.6).  He wasn't top 5, but I'll bet he was top 10.

And even though Chancellor is a stud I don't think he would play as well in our system in Iloka's role.

And they have Mathieu listed as a CB.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 10:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I can't access the final full rankings but with just one week left in the season PFF had Iloka rated at 84.0 which was better than T.J. Ward (79.8), Ha Ha Clinton-Dix (81.1), Glover Quinn (75.6), and Kam Chancellor (81.6).  He wasn't top 5, but I'll bet he was top 10.

And even though Chancellor is a stud I don't think he would play as well in our system in Iloka's role.

Because Iloka plays more of Earl Thomas' role. 
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 10:55 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Because Iloka plays more of Earl Thomas' role. 

Exactly.

I don't mind admitting Thomas is better than Iloka, but George is better than Kam in the role he plays for us.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 10:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I can't access the final full rankings but with just one week left in the season PFF had Iloka rated at 84.0 which was better than T.J. Ward (79.8), Ha Ha Clinton-Dix (81.1), Glover Quinn (75.6), and Kam Chancellor (81.6).  He wasn't top 5, but I'll bet he was top 10.

Iloka finished with a 82.6 rating. Tied with Ward for 15th. Nelson was tied for 9th with a rating of 83.9.

Iloka did finish above Dix, Quinn, and Chancellor.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote