Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
So what exactly is our plan for Wide Receiver?
Sooooo, you mean to tell me we are back to "Needing a Number 2 receiver talks again"??? WOW! SMH! Just wow, as much as things change, they stay the same. I think you do all you can to try to keep M.Jones, but, while we're at, why don't we bring back Binns, and any other person who can chew gum and walk. Hmm, I don't see too many games where teams will have to worry about not doubling Green even more seeing that we will not have a serious threat on the other side, He left! #WhatAJOKE
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 03:53 PM)mhbsavant Wrote: Sooooo, you mean to tell me we are back to "Needing a Number 2 receiver talks again"??? WOW! SMH! Just wow, as much as things change, they stay the same. I think you do all you can to try to keep M.Jones, but, while we're at, why don't we bring back Binns, and any other person who can chew gum and walk. Hmm, I don't see too many games where teams will have to worry about not doubling Green even more seeing that we will not have a serious threat on the other side, He left! #WhatAJOKE

Yawn

Tiresome post is what this is. We brought back Iloka, who was our youngest, most talented FA who is
easily top 5 at his position. This was the bigger need and better than bringing back our 3rd receiver
for #1 money. We have Green, Eifert, Gio, Burkhead, Tate still and we can add a FA WR and a Draft
pick as well. We needed to bring back Iloka or Reggie, that was a need.

Still need to bring back Adam, they don't do this i will *****, but not until then.
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals signed Marvin Jones to $8 million a year, the Bengals would have the highest paid WR duo in the NFL.

I don't find that a bad thing, but it makes sense as to why the Bengals might not have wanted to do that.

With that said, I imagine drafting a WR.

Give me Docston or Boyd please.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 04:03 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: If the Bengals signed Marvin Jones to $8 million a year, the Bengals would have the highest paid WR duo in the NFL.

I don't find that a bad thing, but it makes sense as to why the Bengals might not have wanted to do that.

With that said, I imagine drafting a WR.

Give me Docston or Boyd please.

If we paid marvin jones 8m I would have been pissed. He is too injury prone for that much cabbage.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 04:05 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If we paid marvin jones 8m I would have been pissed.    He is too injury prone for that much cabbage.

Same here.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 03:31 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Kirk wasn't nearly as bad as people say. 
It was a few bad plays here and there. And a handful of very bad calls by officials. 

Amen!!!
Reply/Quote
I'm getting ready to be disappointed. This usually sums up the letdown I have when I started hoping for certain FA's, as they slide off the board:

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 04:05 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If we paid marvin jones 8m I would have been pissed.    He is too injury prone for that much cabbage.

Agreed. Not to mention he's the #3 option here. $8 million is too rich for that.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I have a feeling Jones is going to regret his decision after a few losing seasons and frustration.

Hopefully we can snag a veteran for cheap and draft solid pick up. Mike Wallace keeps being brought up but people forget how he's cancerous for a locker room.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 04:14 PM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: I have a feeling Jones is going to regret his decision after a few losing seasons and frustration.

Hopefully we can snag a veteran for cheap and draft solid pick up. Mike Wallace keeps being brought up but people forget how he's cancerous for a locker room.

He made the same mistake Golden Tate made. Chased money . But for jones I think it was being a #1 or #2 target. He knew he was no better than #3 here
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 04:14 PM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: I have a feeling Jones is going to regret his decision after a few losing seasons and frustration.

Not saying the Lions are a great franchise, but they were 11-5 in 2014 and they really turned it around after they made the OC switch last year.

They went 6-2 with Jim Bob Cooter after the BYE, including that BS loss to the Packers. It's not like MLJ went to the Browns.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 04:18 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Not saying the Lions are a great franchise, but they were 11-5 in 2014 and they really turned it around after they made the OC switch last year.

They went 6-2 with Jim Bob Cooter after the BYE, including that BS loss to the Packers. It's not like MLJ went to the Browns.

Speaking of them...with Travis Benjamin going to the Chargers and MLJ going to the Lions, the Browns are left with....
Andrew Hawkins
Taylor Gabriel
Brian Hartline
Dwayne Bowe
suspended Josh Gordon

This is not a good year to find a true WR1 in either the draft or FA.
WRs going to really struggle in Cleveland.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 04:23 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Speaking of them...with Travis Benjamin going to the Chargers and MLJ going to the Lions, the Browns are left with....
Andrew Hawkins
Taylor Gabriel
Brian Hartline
Dwayne Bowe
suspended Josh Gordon

This is not a good year to find a true WR1 in either the draft or FA.
WRs going to really struggle in Cleveland.

Yeah, ouch. I would think they'll go hard for Sanu now.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 04:18 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: He made the same mistake Golden Tate made.  Chased money .   But for jones I think it was being a #1 or #2 target.   He knew he was no better than #3 here

The fools, working to make more money and rise up in the ranks of their industry. Ninja
Reply/Quote
Just saw on Twitter that we're one of the teams looking at Andre Holmes from Oakland.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

Couldn't agree more.  REP.

GD!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 04:36 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Just saw on Twitter that we're one of the teams looking at Andre Holmes from Oakland.

Who?  From where???
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 04:36 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Just saw on Twitter that we're one of the teams looking at Andre Holmes from Oakland.

Not a terrible choice. Better than someone like Riley Cooper.

6'5" so he's super tall. 4.53 speed. Had 693 yards and 4 scores in 2014, but he was phased out last year with Crabtree and Cooper in the mix.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 04:40 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Not a terrible choice. Better than someone like Riley Cooper.

6'5" so he's super tall. 4.53 speed. Had 693 yards and 4 scores in 2014, but he was phased out last year with Crabtree and Cooper in the mix.

Could be an interesting #3 or #4 WR.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 04:42 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Could be an interesting #3 or #4 WR.

Right. I wouldn't exactly be thrilled with him as our #2.

As a #3 or 4 he'd be solid. 
Reply/Quote