Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
So what exactly is our plan for Wide Receiver?
(03-09-2016, 04:40 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Not a terrible choice. Better than someone like Riley Cooper.

6'5" so he's super tall. 4.53 speed. Had 693 yards and 4 scores in 2014, but he was phased out last year with Crabtree and Cooper in the mix.

Overlooked the part where Holmes is 6'5", that is pretty fast for a guy that tall.

Bring him in.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 04:18 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Not saying the Lions are a great franchise, but they were 11-5 in 2014 and they really turned it around after they made the OC switch last year.

They went 6-2 with Jim Bob Cooter after the BYE, including that BS loss to the Packers. It's not like MLJ went to the Browns.

Marvin wanted badly to be a #1 I guess. I think he made a bad choice. We were supposedly right there money wise.

Now he will be living in Calvin Johnsons shadow. He will be one of the first ones to get blamed if/when the losing starts. But he did go in with a new GM so as long as that guy is there MJ will be there.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 04:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Right. I wouldn't exactly be thrilled with him as our #2.

As a #3 or 4 he'd be solid. 

Which is my fear. If they tell us he's going to be depth player, that's cool. If I see/read that they think Holmes is replacing Jones, then I'm going to be disappointed.

Of course, this is dependent on us signing him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 04:37 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Couldn't agree more.  REP.

GD!!!!!

Haha feelin the love
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 04:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The fools, working to make more money and rise up in the ranks of their industry. Ninja

Wow, 201 receiving yards last season..He's an up and comer alright..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 04:46 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Which is my fear. If they tell us he's going to be depth player, that's cool. If I see/read that they think Holmes is replacing Jones, then I'm going to be disappointed.

Yeah, if anything Holmes would be replacing Sanu, not MLJ. Has about the same production as Sanu over the years.

Would be a faster, bigger Sanu with maybe better hands.

Hoping for Mike Wallace to replace MLJ.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 04:46 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Which is my fear. If they tell us he's going to be depth player, that's cool. If I see/read that they think Holmes is replacing Jones, then I'm going to be disappointed.

It was a really weak free agent class. I think our #2 will be a rookie. We will probably double dip just like we did with Sanu and MLJ. I hope we do it earlier though than a 3 and 5
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 04:48 PM)grampahol Wrote: Wow, 201 receiving yards last season..He's an up and comer alright..

You do know that Nately was talking about Marvin Jones, not Holmes, right?
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 04:45 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Marvin wanted badly to be a #1 I guess. I think he made a bad choice. We were supposedly right there money wise.

Now he will be living in Calvin Johnsons shadow. He will be one of the first ones to get blamed if/when the losing starts. But he did go in with a new GM so as long as that guy is there MJ will be there.

Are you saying we were supposedly going to give Marvin Jones something close to 8 million to be our #3 option?  I guess it's possible, but if that was the case I'm GLAD he went to Detroit.  Very glad.

Anywho, the guy gets a better rank and a lot more money, hard to say that he made a bad decision on that one.  And if Lions fans blame him for a HOF WR retiring on them, well, they're even sadder than I thought.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 04:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, if anything Holmes would be replacing Sanu, not MLJ. Has about the same production as Sanu over the years.

Would be a faster, bigger Sanu with maybe better hands.

Hoping for Mike Wallace to replace MLJ.

The only thing I want Mike Walllace replacing of ours is my lawn guy. He was terrible with Minnesota and has issues learning the playbook. We don't need to give Andy someone to babysit. Our guys need to play all spots.
Reply/Quote
Good God ATL offering Sanu 7 mill?

Go get some Mo.

https://twitter.com/diannaespn/status/707653969246560256
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 04:51 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The only thing I want Mike Walllace replacing of ours is my lawn guy.   He was terrible with Minnesota and has issues learning the playbook.   We don't need to give Andy someone to babysit.   Our guys need to play all spots.

If Wallace signs... (We need that to happen first). I will be willing to bet that he exceeds Marvin jones 2015 stats.

Let's wait and see if he signs first.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 04:53 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Good God ATL offering Sanu 7 mill?

Go get some Mo.

Good lord...according to the FA game we had close to 4 top-tier receiving targets on the team last year!
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 04:45 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Marvin wanted badly to be a #1 I guess. I think he made a bad choice. We were supposedly right there money wise.

Well, MLJ is still going to have to compete for targets with Golden Tate (90 catches), Eric Ebron (47 catches) and Theo Riddick (80 catches). So if he went there with thoughts of getting all the targets, he's going to be surprised.

I'd be surprised if the money were really all that close. The Bengals hate guaranteeing money, and that often if why we lose guys on the occasions we do lose somebody.

Well rotoworld is reporting that the Vikings, Bengals, Lions and Eagles are all interested, so maybe Holmes is better than we think?

If we pick him up, I still hope we draft some good WRs though.

(03-09-2016, 04:48 PM)grampahol Wrote: Wow, 201 receiving yards last season..He's an up and comer alright..

In fairness, he was behind Crabtree and Amari Cooper. Sanu had 394 yards last year and some think he's the bee's knees.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Go get some Mo.

@.@ 7m for Sanu? Wth!!!!!!

Sign Pacman, Draft Treadwell and a 4th rounder.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 04:51 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The only thing I want Mike Walllace replacing of ours is my lawn guy.   He was terrible with Minnesota and has issues learning the playbook.   We don't need to give Andy someone to babysit.   Our guys need to play all spots.

Wallace is one of the few Receivers out there that would not cost us a comp pick and has speed.

Rishard Matthews is who i have wanted all along but he would cost us a comp so we won't go there.

Bad Draft for speedy Receivers as i said and rookies would have issues learning a playbook just as much
as Wallace if not more being he has been in the NFL for years. We don't need a Wideout that can play all
spots as much as one that can take the top off of Defenses. Wallace does that.

Also i must add that the Vikes don't throw the ball down the field. Wallace did not fit there.

Go get some Mo.

Man, talk about overpaying for hype. Nothin against Mo but that is a bad move for the Falcons.

He won't earn that. But hey, all the better for him. Maybe he was right to not stick around.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 03:02 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Kamar Aiken (RFA), WR, Ravens. Age: 27.
Rueben Randle, WR, Giants. Age: 25.
Anquan Boldin, WR, 49ers. Age: 35.
Percy Harvin, WR, Bills. Age: 28.
Rishard Matthews, WR, Dolphins. Age: 26.
Brian Quick, WR, Rams. Age: 27.
Leonard Hankerson, WR, Bills. Age: 27.
Brandon LaFell, WR, Patriots. Age: 29.
Mike Wallace, WR, Vikings. Age: 30.
Marques Colston, WR, Saints. Age: 33.
Roddy White, WR, Falcons. Age: 34.
Jermaine Kearse, WR, Seahawks. Age: 26.
Mohamed Sanu, WR, Bengals. Age: 27.
Brandon Gibson, WR, Patriots. Age: 29.
James Jones, WR, Packers. Age: 32.
Marc Mariani, WR/KR, Bears. Age: 29.
Chris Givens, WR, Ravens. Age: 26.
Marlon Brown (RFA), WR, Ravens. Age: 25.
Chris Hogan (RFA), WR, Bills. Age: 27.
Andre Holmes, WR, Raiders. Age: 28.
Nate Washington, WR, Texans. Age: 33.
Jaron Brown (RFA), WR, Cardinals. Age: 26.
Hakeem Nicks, WR, Giants. Age: 28.
Greg Jennings, WR, Dolphins. Age: 32.
Rod Streater, WR, Raiders. Age: 28.
Justin Blackmon, WR, Jaguars. Age: 26.
Jordan Norwood, WR, Broncos. Age: 29.
Andre Caldwell, WR, Broncos. Age: 31.
Kenbrell Thompkins, WR, Jets. Age: 28.  
Andre Johnson, WR, Colts. Age: 35.
Jason Avant, WR, Chiefs. Age: 33.
Josh Bellamy (RFA), WR, Bears. Age: 27.
Jeremy Ross, WR, Raiders. Age: 28.
Lance Moore, WR, Lions. Age: 33.  
Ricardo Lockette, WR, Seahawks. Age: 30.
Riley Cooper, WR, Eagles. Age: 28.
Wes Welker, WR, Rams. Age: 35.
Nick Toon, WR, Rams. Age: 27.
DeVier Posey, WR, Broncos. Age: 26.
Terrelle Pryor (RFA), WR/QB, Browns. Age: 27.
Brenton Bersin (RFA), WR, Panthers. Age: 26.
Russell Shepard (RFA), WR, Buccaneers. Age: 25.
Tavarres King (RFA), WR, Giants. Age: 26.
Chris Owusu, WR, Jets. Age: 26.
Joe Webb, WR/QB, Panthers. Age: 29.
Stephen Hill (RFA), WR, Panthers. Age: 25.
Seyi Ajirotutu, WR, Eagles. Age: 29.
Deonte Thompson, WR, Bears. Age: 27.
David Nelson, WR, Steelers. Age: 29.
Brian Tyms (RFA), WR, Patriots. Age: 27.
Kaelin Clay, WR, Ravens. Age: 24.

Whatever happened to Justin Blackmon? Is he eligible this upcoming season? I know he hasn't played in a while, but he was a bit of a beast when he did get on the field at times. Could probably get him for next to nothing.

Out of this list I like:

M. Wallace
R. Randle
B. Quick
R. Matthews

Blackmon was suspended indefinitely for being a weed/knuckle head. I don't know if he is set to be reinstated, but if he is and has his stuff together he has all the first round talent to be a redemption story.

One of these FA and draft Shephard from Oklahoma would be fine!!
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 04:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Good lord...according to the FA game we had close to 4 top-tier receiving targets on the team last year!

Ikr. It's crazy. No way I pay 8m for Jones or 7m for Sanu. Good luck to them. We will draft more dudes lol
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 04:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Good lord...according to the FA game we had close to 4 top-tier receiving targets on the team last year!

What happens when you're the victims of a bad market
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 05:00 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Ikr.    It's crazy.    No way I pay 8m for Jones or 7m for Sanu.   Good luck to them.     We will draft more dudes lol

Between AJ, what Eifert would be worth if he weren't so young, and what Marvin Jones and Sanu are getting it seems like we had a $40 million receiving crew last year.  Maybe we really DID miss our chance to win it all!
Reply/Quote