Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So what now when it comes to the TE room?
Anyone else a bit concerned that the Bengals medical staff may have missed a cancer diagnosis? They have been maligned in the past, and for good reason, but I was under the impression this department had been overhauled. The guy is damn lucky he didnt accept the Bengals offer.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
Trade Jonah to the Jets for Conklin.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 09:53 PM)Burma Wrote: Anyone else a bit concerned that the Bengals medical staff may have missed a cancer diagnosis?  They have been maligned  in the past, and for good reason, but I was under the impression this department had been overhauled.  The guy is damn lucky he didnt accept the Bengals offer.

I don't think it got that far with the Bengals.  The Saints found it because they were being thorough before finalizing after likely verbal agreement.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 09:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thinking Michael Mayer is more and more likely with the Moreau news. Prayers for him.

Mayer had the most production and is the most sure thing early I guess. I like a lot of the TE's in this draft though.

LaPorta, Kraft, Whyle, Durham, Strange etc.

Also think we bring back Wilcox to the room.

I believe they will look to bring back Wilcox and I would not be shocked to see Sample back either. Even with this news I still do not believe there is true value in a first round TE for this offense. The most targets a TE has had under this staff was 68 last season with Hurst when we were seeing predominantly two high safeties. The TE in this scheme has average under 4.25 targets a game and I do not see how you put value in that with a first round selection.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 09:53 PM)Burma Wrote: Anyone else a bit concerned that the Bengals medical staff may have missed a cancer diagnosis?  They have been maligned  in the past, and for good reason, but I was under the impression this department had been overhauled.  The guy is damn lucky he didnt accept the Bengals offer.

I do not believe he took a physical for the Bengals rather just a visit. If he took a physical for the Saints I would say that was preemptive to agreeing to a deal with them. I would make sure I had the information correct before making such an accusation.
Reply/Quote
Drew Sample is still available

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 10:43 PM)pally Wrote: Drew Sample is still available

They would be well served to attempt to bring back both Sample and Wilcox. Sample had 53 targets in '20. Bringing them back does not keep the Bengals from drafting a TE as well. They more than likely would have been drafting a TE at some point in this draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 10:46 PM)OSUfan Wrote: They would be well served to attempt to bring back both Sample and Wilcox. Sample had 53 targets in '20. Bringing them back does not keep the Bengals from drafting a TE as well. They more than likely would have been drafting a TE at some point in this draft.

Sample would need to take a paycut.  He is not worth 1.7 million a year he was payed last year.  Mitchell Wilcox made 825k last year so a slight bump in salary might be in order.  Maybe 1 million per. Just dont ask Wilcox to long snap or we reduce his pay.

Reply/Quote
[Image: what-huh.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 09:56 PM)samhain Wrote: I don't think it got that far with the Bengals.  The Saints found it because they were being thorough before finalizing after likely verbal agreement.

(03-22-2023, 10:35 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I do not believe he took a physical for the Bengals rather just a visit. If he took a physical for the Saints I would say that was preemptive to agreeing to a deal with them. I would make sure I had the information correct before making such an accusation.

Good points, thanks. I guess I just assumed that a physical was a routine part of these visits.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
I’m assuming it’s Drew Sample coming back. He is capable of helping OB chip to prevent DEs from running the arc on him.
Reply/Quote
I'd look at Cameron Brate on a cheap deal
Then draft Darnell Washington. Problem solved
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 10:56 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Sample would need to take a paycut.  He is not worth 1.7 million a year he was payed last year.  Mitchell Wilcox made 825k last year so a slight bump in salary might be in order.  Maybe 1 million per.  Just dont ask Wilcox to long snap or we reduce his pay.

League min is 940k...geez
Reply/Quote
I'm not overly concerned maybe because I don't value the position as much as others. Like others have said I think Irv Smith Jr. would be the guy I'd like us to sign and then your TE # 3 is a cheap special teams guy like Wilcox or Carter. Then you can draft a young TE#2 it dosen't have to be round 1. We can't fill and pay for every position, on paper we have the best O-line we've had in a while with 3 very good WR's and a stud QB. You can find good RB's late even undrafted one's. Front 7 is intact , Pratt resigned on a good deal, Cam Britt Taylor in year 2 at CB with Hilton and Awuzie. Hill was drafted to replace Bates and I like the Scott signing. Think there in a good spot to draft best player available I'd prefer RT, CB, DL over TE but if its the best player on I'm fine with it.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 09:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thinking Michael Mayer is more and more likely with the Moreau news. Prayers for him.

Mayer had the most production and is the most sure thing early I guess. I like a lot of the TE's in this draft though.

LaPorta, Kraft, Whyle, Durham, Strange etc.

Also think we bring back Wilcox to the room.

He's been being mocked in the top 20 in two recent mocks that I've read. Can't remember the team but he might not make it to the late 20s.
Reply/Quote
Hooper signed with the raiders
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If we do not get a RT in the first round, we will not get one. With the 8 yards per catch last year for Hurst and us mainly using TE as a check down then we should not invest a 1st round pick. So double dip after the first round at TE.

Unless all RT are gone by 28. Not a LT only a guy that played RT prefer Dewand Jones since Darnell Wright gets bull rushed.
Reply/Quote
At this point, I think Sample and/or Wilcox will be back. I'm not going to predict when they'll draft a TE. I could see them taking one in the first, but I could also see them not taking one until day 3.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2023, 10:29 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I believe they will look to bring back Wilcox and I would not be shocked to see Sample back either. Even with this news I still do not believe there is true value in a first round TE for this offense. The most targets a TE has had under this staff was 68 last season with Hurst when we were seeing predominantly two high safeties. The TE in this scheme has average under 4.25 targets a game and I do not see how you put value in that with a first round selection.

Part of problem we have not had a  solid good young TE under Taylor and it has shown down the middle in most years. The next is great and if we spent a 2nd on Sample, we can spend a late round 1st on a TE
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Rd 1 & 2: Some combination of RB and TE
Rd 3 & 4: Some combination of RT and CB
Rd 5, 6, & 7: Some combination of P, WR, and G

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote