Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
So, what's wrong with Joe?
That's right, I'm asking all of the Joe Burrow antagonists, "What's wrong with him?".

Did you not like the way he hangs in there, against likely the best defense in CFB?

Did you not like the way he changed his strategy to defeat tight coverage and a relentless pass rush?

Did you not like that he set the NCAA TD record?

Do you not like the way he overcomes adversity, and leads his team to play their best game?

Now is you chance, tell us what you don't like about Joe Burrow. Cool
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 02:07 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's right, I'm asking all of the Joe Burrow antagonists, "What's wrong with him?".

Did you not like the way he hangs in there, against likely the best defense in CFB?

Did you not like the way he changed his strategy to defeat tight coverage and a relentless pass rush?

Do you not like the way he overcomes adversity, and leads his team to play their best game?

Now is you chance, tell us what you don't like about Joe Burrow.   Cool

The way he has played all year, but especially the past few weeks have been franchise NFL QB talent.

I have only seem some with concerns with his coiming on late in 2018 and the one great year. That is a legit concern until you see his command on the field. He makes all the throws, manages the game well and is athletic.

We are lucky he will be available in 2020 draft. 

If we were drafting for biggest need with thw #1 pick, it would not be a QB. But, this is a no brainer and JB to me is a can't miss pick.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
C'mon.. You mean it's not obvious? We already have another Joe. It's get confusing to describe the Joe n Joe Show this coming season.. Are there any great WR's with Joe as their first names as well this season? The Joe, Joe and Joe show has a certain kind of ring to it..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 02:07 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's right, I'm asking all of the Joe Burrow antagonists, "What's wrong with him?".

I think the "Trevor Lawrence is better" people kinda got shut up tonight.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 02:31 AM)Whatever Wrote: I think the "Trevor Lawrence is better" people kinda got shut up tonight.

He's only a sophomore dude will be vastly improved next season...

As to the OP
He is definitely the first overall pick unless someone offers a never before seen trade.
Although I want to see how he does in adverse weather conditions particularly Wind and does his speed translate to the NFL. 
He's coming off the greatest college season ever I don't think anyone will or can honestly dispute that. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Sunset brought Burrow up before the college football season as a guy to watch.

Joe Burrow has earned the #1 Overall Pick and I can't wait to see him in stripes. Who Dey.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Those people are usually the ones who troll Bengals staff and players on twitter with fake accounts, and want any reason to be a miserable little sob. Joe is the real deal, he has shown it. Trevor is going to be an excellent QB wherever he goes. No matter what team gets the first round pick next year, it will either be getting him or earning 2 first round picks that draft.
Reply/Quote

Some will tell you he doesn’t have the 
“Locks of Lawrence”

Ninja
Reply/Quote
I guess some fans were so scared of the idea that the Bengals won't be in purgatory anymore. Having a QB that could potentially carry you and singlehandedly revive the franchise on his own even if the team isn't the greatest instead of having a QB where every offseason fans are like "We need an elite left tackle, guard, center, right tackle, 2 more AJ Greens and we probably need to clone 2015 Tyler Eifert or else we're going nowhere."

It's why they wanted Ryan Finley to be good because if he's like Dalton, just good enough to start but not good enough to instantly have success like Burrow is capable of doing, it still makes Dalton look respectable. Do you want to sacrifice missing out on a potential HOF QB just because you desperately want Dalton to be the one to do it?

Andy Dalton was a good QB for a while and I have no doubt that he could go somewhere and have a Tannehill-eqsue revival with another team. That team just won't be the Bengals. Otherwise, they wouldn't have signed Bobby Hart for 3 years.

One can only hope that Burrow is the man that can finally get the Bengals out of their selfish ways and the Bengals do go out and bring in some quality players that can instantly have this team ready to contend. Just because it may not happen doesn't mean drafting Chase Young or trading down is a solution. Go get the #1 guy period. Burrow has more than proven it. There should be absolutely no debate at this point.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 03:16 AM)Whodey614 Wrote: I guess some fans were so scared of the idea that the Bengals won't be in purgatory anymore. Having a QB that could potentially carry you and singlehandedly revive the franchise on his own even if the team isn't the greatest instead of having a QB where every offseason fans are like "We need an elite left tackle, guard, center, right tackle, 2 more AJ Greens and we probably need to clone 2015 Tyler Eifert or else we're going nowhere."

It's why they wanted Ryan Finley to be good because if he's like Dalton, just good enough to start but not good enough to instantly have success like Burrow is capable of doing, it still makes Dalton look respectable. Do you want to sacrifice missing out on a potential HOF QB just because you desperately want Dalton to be the one to do it?

Andy Dalton was a good QB for a while and I have no doubt that he could go somewhere and have a Tannehill-eqsue revival with another team. That team just won't be the Bengals. Otherwise, they wouldn't have signed Bobby Hart for 3 years.

One can only hope that Burrow is the man that can finally get the Bengals out of their selfish ways and the Bengals do go out and bring in some quality players that can instantly have this team ready to contend. Just because it may not happen doesn't mean drafting Chase Young or trading down is a solution. Go get the #1 guy period. Burrow has more than proven it. There should be absolutely no debate at this point.

+1 on the entire post. Andy was a good QB, he had weapons, just was never the answer the Bengals needed. I wish him, and his family all the best next year wherever he plays. Andy and Carson are who I grew up with, I wanted the best for both of them, and still do. They just weren't the answer for how good they were.
Reply/Quote
If Joe Burrow is so great, where is the Joe Burrow/ Chuck Norris thread?

Nick Vigil had one... Just sayin'.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
He didn't play at OSU. 

He isn't an entire offensive line(some say to draft that before taking a QB).

He might be a little too committed to winning and a little uncommitted to buttering up the boss man's ego. 

All I've got.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
Joe seems fine and all... but... we could trade back to mid-first and double second, then drop back again and pick up 8 seconds and two first and a third, then drop back again to take.... something.... then bundle that to jump forward and take Jalen Hurts, plus have the entire fifth round of the draft.

Or... something.

Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 02:31 AM)Whatever Wrote: I think the "Trevor Lawrence is better" people kinda got shut up tonight.

I'm not one of the "Trevor Lawrence is better" people, but I am not willing to say he won't be in the future. 

Keep in mind Lawrence is 3 years younger than Burrow. 5th year Senior vs True Sophomore. As of today Burrow is obviously better, but there's no saying how Lawrence will develop. Just a year ago at this time, Burrow was a projected 4th rounder after all.

- - - - - -

That said, Burrow is still the pick for right now. 

Not to mention that I can't even imagine the pure apathy I would develop for the Bengals if they got the 1st round pick two years in a row in order to get Lawrence next year.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 06:38 AM)Benton Wrote: Joe seems fine and all... but... we could trade back to mid-first and double second, then drop back again and pick up 8 seconds and two first and a third, then drop back again to take.... something.... then bundle that to jump forward and take Jalen Hurts, plus have the entire fifth round of the draft.

Or... something.

Mellow

Luckily that’s more work than the Brown family will do in a year. They are still recovering from the coach search.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 06:30 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: He didn't play at OSU. 

He isn't an entire offensive line(some say to draft that before taking a QB).

He might be a little too committed to winning and a little uncommitted to buttering up the boss man's ego. 

All I've got.  Ninja

Actually....
Reply/Quote
A month ago, I was on the "Maybe we should trade down" train. Today, I am the conductor of the "If you don't draft Burrow, I will murder your family" train.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 08:46 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: A month ago, I was on the "Maybe we should trade down" train. Today, I am the conductor of the "If you don't draft Burrow, I will murder your family" train.

The only time I was on the "maybe we should trade down" train was when it looked like the Dolphins would get the 2nd overall pick. I think the Steelers pick (which the Dolphins also have) at that time was like 13.

If someone could package the 2nd, 13th, and 34th picks today for the 1st, I still might consider it. Chase Young + 3 picks in the top 34 could do wonders for this team. That said, since the Dolphins ended up with the 5th pick and there's no way I would trade down there. You can't come out of this draft with neither Burrow or Young (+picks). So Burrow is the obvious only pick.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 08:46 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: A month ago, I was on the "Maybe we should trade down" train. Today, I am the conductor of the "If you don't draft Burrow, I will murder your family" train.

Here's the thing with a lot of the trade down crowd. 

Many of them say MB won't do what it takes to help/protect Burrow. So if MB trades down is he suddenly going to draft the right players for whoever else is at QB ?

I just heard a stat and I can't quote the exact numbers but against the four top 5 teams LSU played this season Burrow's stats are just off the chart ! Nothings wrong with JB.
Reply/Quote
He missed out on the all time accuracy record by 0.5%

So that means he's trash and can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Ninja
Reply/Quote