Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So when will Joseph Ossai start making plays?
(10-24-2022, 03:41 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: "Joseph Ossai was inside of Marcus Mariota" is a rather unfortunate description of his play, however.

[Image: 0e862196-b637-43ec-a131-5498df7c9a09_text.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 07:40 PM)Housh Wrote: Today…today is when.

Crazy part is the play right before the sack he shot off the snap with insane quickness. The LT did a great job guarding him there.

He adjusted and did a spin the next play and then it was sack town.

His niche will be as a speed rusher. I know we hope he can run some DT but i just don’t think he’s strong enough.

Put him in on occasional 3rd downs in obvious pass situations and let him eat

For sure, Ossai has great quickness and speed off the edge, kind of reminds me of Dwight Freeney in his prime or 
the other guy that was on the Colts, Robert Mathis.

He just doesn't have that spin move Freeney had, but that was a very rare spin move.

(10-24-2022, 02:47 PM)pally Wrote:

He needs more snaps then clearly. ThumbsUp

(10-24-2022, 03:28 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: This ^

He should be starting out pretty much exclusively as a 3rd down edge rusher. He should be able to be productive in that role.

Over time he may develop a more complete game, but we drafted him to get to the QB and that’s what this team needs. Make it simple for him early on and he could really start to rack up some sacks. Glad to see him get that first sack yesterday.

Once it starts to rain....
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2022, 03:49 PM)pally Wrote:

Is my memory wrong on him getting to Brady twice in just a few plays before Brady was removed from the game ? 

Was the other one just pressure or a flag, I don't recall but could almost swear he hit Brady twice. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Bump

Ossai with a HUGE sack today.

Only his 2nd of the season, but Lou barely ever takes Trey and Sam off the field, so it’s a lack of opportunities more than anything else.

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 11:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Bump

Ossai with a HUGE sack today.

Only his 2nd of the season, but Lou barely ever takes Trey and Sam off the field, so it’s a lack of opportunities more than anything else.

Yep he got that one at the perfect time, big play. 

Wonder if that tackle was what hobbled Mahomes ? He was limping right afterwards but not sure if that play was what caused it or not. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Ossai did a great job of reading what was
In front of him and spied Mahomes.
Super huge play that indirectly affected
Butkers miss
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 12:04 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Yep he got that one at the perfect time, big play. 

Wonder if that tackle was what hobbled Mahomes ? He was limping right afterwards but not sure if that play was what caused it or not. 

I believe so, yes.

Reply/Quote
Man I love that we have some obscure players stepping up and making huge plays. Irwin, Trayveon, Evans and Ossai. Guys that have made some very big plays the past couple of weeks. Ossai sack was huge and maybe the fact Mahommes came up limping made up they're mind for kicking the field goal.
Reply/Quote

I thought he played pretty well in his 1st NFL start. His hit on Brady caused the Pratt INT.

Reply/Quote
If he keeps getting a big sack/QB hit leading to a sack, I will take that.

Still a tad undersized to be an every down DE at this stage. But as a rotational DE and pass rusher, he is really starting to play better. Gonna get some chances now with Trey & Sam hurt.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 12:36 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: If he keeps getting a big sack/QB hit leading to a sack, I will take that.

Still a tad undersized to be an every down DE at this stage. But as a rotational DE and pass rusher, he is really starting to play better. Gonna get some chances now with Trey & Sam hurt.

He is big enough. Just needs to continue to improve.

6-4, 253 vs Hubbard 6-5, 265

Robert Mathis was 6-2, 245
Micah parsons is 6-3, 235
Max Crosby is 6-5, 255
Nice bosa is 6-4, 266
Reply/Quote
I'm still good with taking a DE early in next year's draft.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 01:04 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm still good with taking a DE early in next year's draft.

Is pick 31 early?
Reply/Quote
Ossai was a 3rd round pick. He’s got the talent to be in this league. He just needed the opportunities
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 01:05 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Is pick 31 early?

Given there are over 250 total picks, 31 is pretty early. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 01:10 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Given there are over 250 total picks, 31 is pretty early. 

It was kind of a joke.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 01:10 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Given there are over 250 total picks, 31 is pretty early. 

Agree with taking another pass rusher early, 

yet it will be at pick 32.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 01:35 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree with taking another pass rusher early, 

yet it will be at pick 32.

Only 31 picks in first round this year, which is why I had said pick 31.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 01:44 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Only 31 picks in first round this year, which is why I had said pick 31.

As long as the Bengals pick last

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote