Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So when will Joseph Ossai start making plays?
(01-12-2023, 01:15 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I’m gonna be a negative Nancy and chalk up Carter’s good performance on Sunday to Kevin zeitler being out

I could be wrong but doesn't Z play RG? If so, the person line up against his replacement would have been Reader.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 06:05 PM)dr tarzan Wrote: The pass rush looks to me to designed discipline.   Stay in your lanes, keep the QB in pocket without stepping up or rolling out of danger.   Akin the the mush rush the Bengals employed against Rothlisberger and Jackson and Mahomes, the kind of QB's that excel at improvising and would hurt you more outside the pocket than within.  So it accomplishes the primary goal,  get pressure and make the QB uncomfortable every time he drops back and is more effective than an occasional big sack, but cancelled with big plays on scrambles.

Spot on Dr. Tarzan. That is just what it is and why Lou is a fantastic DC. We can adapt on Defense and is the biggest reason I can
see us win the Super Bowl this season more than any team. Nothing against Burrow, Zac and the Offense but they were not the 
reason we were there last SB. It was the D and the Kicker. The Offense as a whole needs to step up and play well...

That is the only way we do what needs to be done, the Defense under Lou I have confidence in. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Seems I recall Ossai sacking Mahomes on a crucial play and getting the TD fumble recovery against none other than the rat turds..Must have been some other guy named Ossai. He'll be just fine. The guy is behind Hubbard and Hendrickson.. Whaddaya want? 9 INTs in every game he's in?  Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 01:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Frickin' awesome man! Cool
Reply/Quote
He keeps making them.

Reply/Quote