Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So when will Joseph Ossai start making plays?
(10-11-2022, 10:36 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: everyone gonna ignore Hubbard and Hendrickson playing like mad men?

Do they ever not? lol. I love those 2!!

Is it just me or has Logan Wilson (I’m a fan as well) taken a little step back this year ?
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 05:24 PM)Whacked Wrote: Do they ever not? lol. I love those 2!!

Is it just me or has Logan Wilson (I’m a fan as well) taken a little step back this year ?

Wilson is a lot like Bates, does a lot of intangible stuff and makes plays in a way that doesnt exactly show up in the score books. Plus both are tackling machines. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 04:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great to hear, I have probably been the biggest Ossai backer on the board so very happy to see him finally growing into the player I 
thought he would be. Have said it before but the way he takes angles is rare, he just has a natural way of hand fighting and disarming 
O-lineman or whoever is trying to block him. Needed him to step up with Trey's broken wrist and now we just saw Trey playing great 
with the injury which is crazy. Love this DL and Defense overall.

Anyone remember that play against Mahomes? That was this year in case anyone forgot.. Ossai is bad ass..  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Believe it or not, Ossai is 3rd on the team in sacks with 3.5.

Hendrickson - 8.0
Hubbard - 6.5
Ossai - 3.5
Hill - 3.0
Wilson - 2.5
Sample - 2.0
Tupou - 2.0
Pratt - 1.0
Bell - 1.0
Carter - 0.5
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Wilson has fewer interceptions this year but overall he has been pretty effective

2020             2021

games played           13               15
INT                          4                 1
Yards returned          31                41
FF                            1                 1
FR                            0                 1
sacks                        1                 2.5
tackles                     100             123
QB hit                       1                 7

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

thats just you

Logan Wilson has stepped up
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 03:49 PM)Synric Wrote: It's way to early in the process to answer that with any certainty. I would say defense will be high on their board in the first because the top of the class is defensive heavy. 

Oh, agreed but the curious thing is that where can we improve on O? WR depth, OL, RB maybe. I still don't think we use a TE enough to justify that over D at this point. But D has depth at most positions or players drafted to backfill (Hill, CTB, ADG, Ossai). I think where we draft first will be telling on whose the next to leave because we can't afford everyone.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 05:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Believe it or not, Ossai is 3rd on the team in sacks with 3.5.

Hendrickson - 8.0
Hubbard - 6.5
Ossai - 3.5
Hill - 3.0
Wilson - 2.5
Sample - 2.0
Tupou - 2.0
Pratt - 1.0
Bell - 1.0
Carter - 0.5

That’s pretty bad. And it really highlights how much we need another pass rusher come draft time.

That said, Ossai is starting to come on. He was our 3rd highest graded player yesterday.

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 02:42 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Carter had a heck of a game as well...

Carter has played pretty well the last 4 games. Good to see guys coming on late in the season when they'll be needed in the playoffs. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 05:26 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Wilson is a lot like Bates, does a lot of intangible stuff and makes plays in a way that doesnt exactly show up in the score books. Plus both are tackling machines. 

Fair point

(01-09-2023, 06:07 PM)pally Wrote: Wilson has fewer interceptions this year but overall he has been pretty effective

2020             2021

(01-09-2023, 06:19 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Thanks for posting that Pally

thats just you

Logan Wilson has stepped up

lol. Well. Alrighty then. I got nuthin lol
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 07:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s pretty bad. And it really highlights how much we need another pass rusher come draft time.

That said, Ossai is starting to come on. He was our 3rd highest graded player yesterday.

Doesn't Hilton have a couple?
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 10:28 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Doesn't Hilton have a couple?

Nope.

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 05:45 PM)grampahol Wrote: Anyone remember that play against Mahomes? That was this year in case anyone forgot.. Ossai is bad ass..  ThumbsUp

Yep, Ossai made the play right when it needed to be made...

Really liking seeing him come along, I bet he continues and has a very good Postseason as well. Cool

(01-09-2023, 05:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Believe it or not, Ossai is 3rd on the team in sacks with 3.5.

Hendrickson - 8.0
Hubbard - 6.5
Ossai - 3.5
Hill - 3.0
Wilson - 2.5
Sample - 2.0
Tupou - 2.0
Pratt - 1.0
Bell - 1.0
Carter - 0.5

Need to add another sack artist as Nicomo said, a little mind blowing this Defense has so few sacks with such talent.

(01-09-2023, 06:07 PM)pally Wrote: Wilson has fewer interceptions this year but overall he has been pretty effective

2020             2021

Thanks for the numbers Pally, thought Logan was still playing very well.
Reply/Quote
Love the way Ossai and Carter are coming along at just the right time.

Yet still see a big need to add another pass rusher in off season.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 12:17 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Love the way Ossai and Carter are coming along at just the right time.

Yet still see a big need to add another pass rusher in off season.

I’m gonna be a negative Nancy and chalk up Carter’s good performance on Sunday to Kevin zeitler being out
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 05:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yep, Ossai made the play right when it needed to be made...

Really liking seeing him come along, I bet he continues and has a very good Postseason as well. Cool

Need to add another sack artist as Nicomo said, a little mind blowing this Defense has so few sacks with such talent.

Thanks for the numbers Pally, thought Logan was still playing very well.

We get a lot of pressures.  Top 10 in league, I believe. 
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 01:15 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I’m gonna be a negative Nancy and chalk up Carter’s good performance on Sunday to Kevin zeitler being out

That did not hurt anything but feel Carter has had multiple good weeks lately

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 03:22 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: We get a lot of pressures.  Top 10 in league, I believe. 

That doesn't surprise me. Sure would be nice and finish though and get more Sacks. I think our DL as a whole is better than last 
years and they got a bunch more Sacks. Pressures show big time when I watch this DL though which is great.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 01:15 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I’m gonna be a negative Nancy and chalk up Carter’s good performance on Sunday to Kevin zeitler being out

That's fair. 

But playing well vs a backup is still a positive step for Carter.  He's been poor to awful vs virtually everybody.  At least for the first 3/4ths of the year. 
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 05:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That doesn't surprise me. Sure would be nice and finish though and get more Sacks. I think our DL as a whole is better than last 
years and they got a bunch more Sacks. Pressures show big time when I watch this DL though which is great.

The pass rush looks to me to designed discipline.   Stay in your lanes, keep the QB in pocket without stepping up or rolling out of danger.   Akin the the mush rush the Bengals employed against Rothlisberger and Jackson and Mahomes, the kind of QB's that excel at improvising and would hurt you more outside the pocket than within.  So it accomplishes the primary goal,  get pressure and make the QB uncomfortable every time he drops back and is more effective than an occasional big sack, but cancelled with big plays on scrambles.
Reply/Quote