Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
So who is our #4 WR
-Going into free agency I predicted that we would sign at least one mid-tier WR with some proven production in the NFL.  Top level WRs get a lot of money, but there are always decent veterans available for a reasonable price.

-Going into the draft I predicted that we would select multiple WRs with at least one in the top 3 rounds.

-In Bengals offense the #3 WR is basically a starter and we often run 4 WR sets.

So I still see a big hole in our offense at the #4 WR position.  Are there any decent free agents still out there? Are there any likely to be released post draft?  I wouldn't count on an UDFA to contribute this year, but are there any decent ones out there we could sign for depth?
Reply/Quote
Do we still not have Auden Tate?
Reply/Quote
Not grabbing at least one more WR in this draft was my only minor complaint. I guess I’d feel ok with Tate as #4, but when we inevitably lose Chase to the 1st round injury curse that bumps Tate up to being a starter. Which would be...not ideal.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 10:39 AM)Spider Wrote: Do we still not have Auden Tate?

You mean the guy who was often not even on the active roster on gamedays because he was behind Erickson and Mike Thomas?

Yes.  He is still around.  And we also re-signed Thomas who I assume would currently be listed as our #4 WR.

But I don't have much confidence in either of those guys.
Reply/Quote
Open competition between Tate and Thomas, but Thomas does more work on teams. One thing the Bengals didn't address was KR/PR so I look for them to sign a UDFA WR with that skill set.
Reply/Quote
Auden Tate or Mike Thomas at the moment, but I expect to see another solid vet brought in after June 1st cuts, so its up in the air right now.
Reply/Quote
I predict we’ll add a veteran once they start trimming down rosters getting closer to the season. I did think Mike Thomas flashed a little last year though.
Reply/Quote
Unfortunately, it is probably Thomas. And that is disgusting. I would vote for Marqise Lee out of the remaining FAs.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 10:48 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote:  I did think Mike Thomas flashed a little last year though.

Flashing a little would have been okay if he was just a rookie, but last year was his fifth year in the league.  He has 23 receptions for his entire career.
Reply/Quote
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 11:19 AM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

Who is this?

Why post a picture with no name?
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 11:21 AM)fredtoast Wrote: 1. Who is this?

2. Why post a picture with no name?
1. Riley Lees

2. Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, feed him for a lifetime..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 10:50 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Unfortunately, it is probably Thomas. And that is disgusting. I would vote for Marqise Lee out of the remaining FAs.

I’ve always liked Lee. I could also be game for Dede Westbrook or Damiere Byrd. Probably Westbrook since he’s 6’ and only 28 years old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Our new udfa receiver. Doesn't exactly inspire. Looks ready for the undertaker
Reply/Quote
I doubt there even needs to be official designations, even if there will be. Tate and Thomas are the combined #4/5, with the difference depending upon play call more than "who's better".
Reply/Quote
I agree with Fred.  After Boyd and Higgins, who are still here, there wasn't a wide receiver on the team with more than 14 receptions for the season.  Bengals 4 - 7 wide receivers who are left here were not very productive.  That includes Mike Thomas and Auden Tate.
Reply/Quote
Joe Mixon unfortunately.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
If we’re looking for experience I think golden Tate is still available.

College free agent wise I don’t know if josh imorhtebbe signed yet. Athletic specimen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
It was a gripe of mine too. I think we needed a late round receiver to be the #4 and tgey failed to select one. I think that’s going to be a minor issue moving forward unless it gets addressed by a cut player or that Riley Lee guy.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 11:24 AM)bfine32 Wrote: 1. Riley Lees

2. Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, feed him for a lifetime..

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
Reply/Quote