Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So who is that starter at LG?
(08-30-2022, 06:40 PM)TheFan Wrote: No one is a bust after 1 season of play. Especially when they're thrust into a new position and that young. 

Sure they are..it just takes a couple years to verify it. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 10:04 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: Volson showed he knew what he was trying to do in the Giants game.
Physically he showed he belonged. He finished plays, even when he messed up. I like what he shows. I think he will learn quickly with the vet Oline we have.

Carman is far from a bust at 22.

Alex Leatherwood a #17 pick a couple years ago got cut by the Raiders today. So Carman has no safety net just because he’s a 2ed round pick.
Best Bengal team I’ve seen since their founding.

Agree with everything you say here Bengals1969. What I saw from Leatherwood was WAY worse than what I saw from Carman
this Preseason too and some people on here want that frickin' guy who can't pass block AT ALL and plays on roller skates like Adeniji...
Reply/Quote
If The Raiders can give up on a 17th overall, why can't we take out the trash on a bust 2nd rounder?
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 01:14 PM)740Bengal Wrote: If The Raiders can give up on a 17th overall, why can't we take out the trash on a bust 2nd rounder?

Cause he isn't a bust yet and is only 22. Why cut him is my question when we need depth at the Guard position and he still has a
high ceiling if he can get his hand placement and sets together?
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 01:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cause he isn't a bust yet and is only 22. Why cut him is my question when we need depth at the Guard position and he still has a
high ceiling if he can get his hand placement and sets together?

Just picked up a competent guard from the Texans, let Charmin focus on cauliflower pizza. 
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 06:40 PM)TheFan Wrote: No one is a bust after 1 season of play. Especially when they're thrust into a new position and that young. 

Cedric Ogbuehi?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 01:14 PM)740Bengal Wrote: If The Raiders can give up on a 17th overall, why can't we take out the trash on a bust 2nd rounder?

The sad reality is that Carman is still one of the 9-10 best OL on the team.  Until we're at a point where he isn't one of those 9-10 best, cutting him while he's on a cheap rookie deal just doesn't make a lot of sense.  To me, Adeniji, Smith, and arguably Prince are worse.  
Reply/Quote

Is basing your decision making off something the Raiders did really the direction you want to go? 
Reply/Quote

Because the Raiders GM/coach that are there now are not the ones who drafted him.
It’s much easier to let a young player go if you were not the one who drafted him.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 10:58 AM)740Bengal Wrote: Just picked up a competent guard from the Texans, let Charmin focus on cauliflower pizza. 

Eh, still not a good idea to just give up on a 2nd year, 2nd round Draft pick at an area of need.

It would be different if he hadn't shown anything at all but what he has shown can be worked on.

(09-01-2022, 12:21 PM)Whatever Wrote: The sad reality is that Carman is still one of the 9-10 best OL on the team.  Until we're at a point where he isn't one of those 9-10 best, cutting him while he's on a cheap rookie deal just doesn't make a lot of sense.  To me, Adeniji, Smith, and arguably Prince are worse.  

Nice post Whatever, spot on.

It would be different if Charmin was the worst O-lineman. He is like the 4th worst OL at this time.

(09-01-2022, 12:28 PM)TheFan Wrote: Is basing your decision making off something the Raiders did really the direction you want to go? 

Yeah man. Let's do what the Raiders do. Mellow

(09-01-2022, 12:38 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Because the Raiders GM/coach that are there now are not the ones who drafted him.
It’s much easier to let a young player go if you were not the one who drafted him.

For sure. Plus Leatherwood was just terrible. 

Charmin just hasn't been good, I wouldn't say he was absolutely terrible like Leatherwood was.
Reply/Quote