Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So who is that starter at LG?
(08-29-2022, 04:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Do teams do "grades" and "stats" like PFF does, though?

I'd be real curious to see something like that from teams, even if it was a player who is no longer on the team or retired.

They do, but maybe not the exact same. I know a former D-1 positional coach. He's now a DC at a 6A high school down in Texas. He has talked about how they have a grading system for players, with some schools even having data analysts.

Hell, I remember when I played football in HS, we received grades and had meetings with our positional coaches, though they were rudimentary (A+, B+ etc.)
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 06:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I too think it would be Spain.
He knows the system and performed mostly well there last year.
He won't (or shouldn't) need more than a couple weeks to ramp up.

Makes the most sense as he is the vet that that knows the system that plays the position in question.
Reply/Quote
Volson won the job between himself and Carman. However, I'm guessing the team will be scouring the waiver wire for someone to replace Volson if he falls flat.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Volston

Jackson Carmen just isn’t ready

If he wasn’t a second round pick he may not even be on the team
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 02:31 AM)Housh Wrote: Volston

Jackson Carmen just isn’t ready

If he wasn’t a second round pick he may not even be on the team

*Volson

*Carman

Man some of you do a number on my OCD. Gaah
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 02:54 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: *Volson

*Carman

It could be autocorrect.  I know on my phone Carman always gets "corrected" to Carmen.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 12:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This times 1000.

You guys know that I always hesitate to judge a player by his rookie season.  Especially with a guy like Carman who was coming off a back surgery.

But he was healthy this offseason.  And it is not like Volson has just blown everyone away.  He has not looked that great himself.

It is a very bad sign for Carman to lose his spot to a 4th round pick from an FCS school.

Exactly and troubling knowing he had to know he was in a battle. Carman is not a bust because he’s not good. He’s a bust because he never got it together.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I am still not convinced that the LG who will start week 1 is currently on this roster.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Bengals traded or picked up a LG who would be plugged into the starting lineup. They've made a few moves like this over the past couple of years.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 02:54 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: *Volson

*Carman

What's worse for you - Carmen or Dunlop?  Smirk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 10:09 AM)ochocincos Wrote: What's worse for you - Carmen or Dunlop?  Smirk

Burrows. Pissed
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 09:18 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Exactly and troubling knowing he had to know he was in a battle. Carman is not a bust because he’s not good. He’s a bust because he never got it together.

.....so he's not good
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 10:20 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: .....so he's not good

Could be good
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 09:18 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Exactly and troubling knowing he had to know he was in a battle. Carman is not a bust because he’s not good. He’s a bust because he never got it together.

You and Fred agreeing on something... Shocked
Reply/Quote
Right now it looks like Carman. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

No one is a bust after 1 season of play. Especially when they're thrust into a new position and that young. 
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 06:40 PM)TheFan Wrote: No one is a bust after 1 season of play. Especially when they're thrust into a new position that young. 

I agree. Way too early to say bust with any of the 2nd year guys.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 06:40 PM)TheFan Wrote: No one is a bust after 1 season of play. Especially when they're thrust into a new position and that young. 

You are right but so far he’s been underwhelming

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 09:50 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I am still not convinced that the LG who will start week 1 is currently on this roster.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Bengals traded or picked up a LG who would be plugged into the starting lineup. They've made a few moves like this over the past couple of years.

Hope you're right...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Volson showed he knew what he was trying to do in the Giants game.
Physically he showed he belonged. He finished plays, even when he messed up. I like what he shows. I think he will learn quickly with the vet Oline we have.

Carman is far from a bust at 22.

Alex Leatherwood a #17 pick a couple years ago got cut by the Raiders today. So Carman has no safety net just because he’s a 2ed round pick.
Best Bengal team I’ve seen since their founding.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 12:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think it is hard to quantify the impact of a good running game on the passing game.

But last year QBs that faced a 3rd-and-4 had a 95.4 passer rating while QBs facing a 3rd-and-7 only had an 83.2 rating. The main way a good run game helps the passing game is keeping the team "ahead of the sticks".

Isn’t that called off sides?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote