Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Someone convince me to stay
(01-02-2018, 08:11 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm one of those that said if Merv comes back I'm done with the Bengals. Here's the thing: I never expected him to come back.

Now, I truly don't want to root for the Bengals anymore. But, I've never switched team loyalties before and I don't know if I can do it.

Thus, I leave it to you, my fellow (as of now) Bengals fans, someone convince me to stay a fan. I want to be like Mike: too lazy to make the effort to change.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

2 offensive linemen..another linebacker..bye bye  offensive line coach..all we need
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 08:24 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: He inherited Paul Alexander.

Agreed, but I was asking about coaches that were 'hired' into their positions over the last 15 years. As far as I'm aware, he's been responsible for every single hire.
Reply/Quote
How the hell am I supposed to talk you into staying when I want to ride shotgun on your way out of town?
Reply/Quote
Then just go with your 2nd favorite team - anyone playing against the Steelers.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 08:22 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Run while you can. F this clown show. I'm thinking Mike Zimmer's Vikings aren't too bad... or maybe it's just time to take a break from the NFL entirely. FCC beat some MLS teams last year, and that was pretty exciting to watch.

How will ANYTHING Mike Brown gives Marvin control over improve Marvin's clock management, halftime adjustments, passiveness with a lead, Prime-Time performance, Postseason performance, or attitude towards young talented players?

This^^^

If you can get out, do it! Save yourself, I promise you will NEVER regret it. This franchise is a joke, you’d be better off rooting for Cleveland. They may be incompetent but at least they want to win 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I’m hoping we go 0-16 next year. I truly am.

I’ve said before. Marvin has a job for life until
HE wants to retire. This organization is to arrogant and lazy to do anything else.
Reply/Quote
**** that. Quit these loser mother*******. These bastards just PROVED they don't give a shit. Why should you? Quit giving that wrinkled bag of shit your attention and money. **** him.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 08:27 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Here is why you stay; you don't leave your team because it's not what great fans like yourself  do. Do you really want to be  "that guy" that everyone thinks your fan of the Bengals but then you tell them naw I am a fill in the blank fan. Then they give you the look like you just returned your dog to pound because he is now a senior.  You will never enjoy that new teams success because you will never be truly invested in that teams success.  Yes being a Bengal fan sucks but it's a part of you and your identity.
That's why I don't know if I can switch teams. I've been a Bengal fan since the early 90s. Never even thought about switching teams. Yet, here I am.

The Eagles are in the playoffs; they have a good, young QB; they're the local team so I can watch their games every week without having to find a good stream on the internet. Yet, I know so much about the Bengals and its history even if it's mostly bad.

I feel so conflicted.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 08:27 PM)cooper Wrote: 2 offensive linemen..another linebacker..bye bye  offensive line coach..all we need

LMAO LMAO

Keep taking those kicks to the junk....Phil has more sense than that.

Reply/Quote
Tennessee Vol fans proved that with enough outrage a fan base can effect a coaching search. Not sure Mike Brown would care but it's worth a shot.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 08:11 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm one of those that said if Merv comes back I'm done with the Bengals. Here's the thing: I never expected him to come back.

Now, I truly don't want to root for the Bengals anymore. But, I've never switched team loyalties before and I don't know if I can do it.

Thus, I leave it to you, my fellow (as of now) Bengals fans, someone convince me to stay a fan. I want to be like Mike: too lazy to make the effort to change.

Thanks in advance.

It's like a jail around here, you'll be back!!
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 08:46 PM)PhilHos Wrote: That's why I don't know if I can switch teams. I've been a Bengal fan since the early 90s. Never even thought about switching teams. Yet, here I am.

The Eagles are in the playoffs; they have a good, young QB; they're the local team so I can watch their games every week without having to find a good stream on the internet. Yet, I know so much about the Bengals and its history even if it's mostly bad.

I feel so conflicted.

You can have one NFL team and one AFC team.  Just don't pick the Bears and Bengals like I did in 1988 or so.  Ouch.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 08:52 PM)sandwedge Wrote: It's like a jail around here, you'll be back!!

It's Stockholm syndrome
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Or do what I'm doing - find another team to root for until the Mikey & Marv Show is gone. I don't hate the Bengals, but I feel that the potential for the players will never be realized as long these two are at the helm.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote

Thanks in advance.

If you can't make a decision with the mountain of information in front of you, that's a you problem. 

I ain't doin' shit.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Moved to Cinci in 01’ and adopted the home town team, had season tickets from 05-10 gave them up after that year’s colossal failure and Lewis extension, and have only been to a couple single games since. I am personally done too. No reason to stay.

Mike Brown and the Cincinnati Bengals have sent a message to the fans, and City of Cincinnati, it is, “**CK YOU, WE DO NOT GIVE A **CK ABOUT YOU!!!” Now the only question is, wtf are we going to do about it???? Would you allow your spouse to be unfaithful, disrespectful, and untrustworthy then still stay married to them?

Season ticket holders, and corporate suite holders left in droves in 2010, watch what happens now. Hamilton County, and the City of Cincinnati have already talked about not paying tax bonuses that are contracted under the lease to PBS.

The NFL itself has huge image problems right now with the way games are officiated, what is a “catch,” players getting severely hurt and long term brain damage, real evidence that games are being steered to give favorable outcomes to certain teams, and of course the Anthem scandal this year!!!

There has never been a better time to remove yourself from a team, that not only does not give a shit about you, is basically daring you to leave!!!!!

This team is not deserving of a franchise, the City of Cincinnati, and most importantly you the most courageous fans! I thank you all for the memories, this board all the way from its inception on Bengals.com was always my go to for reading and talking Bengals. I cannot thank you all enough!! You are no doubt the greatest fans in the league, people who call some Bengals fans fair weather cannot be more wrong because the weather has NEVER been fair.

#firebrown #movethebengals #londonbengals #mexicocitybengals #breachthelease

In the words of the great Sam Wyche, “You don’t live in Cleveland, you live in Cincinnati!”

I no longer support this trash littering my city! Adieu!
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 08:13 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Please don’t go until the entire new coaching staff is in place.  Let’s see what Marvin’s new level of hiring responsibility produces.

15 full seasons of multiple QBs, RBs, WRs, TEs, offensive linemen, defensive linemen, LBs, CBs, safeties and special teamers...different assistant coaches and coordinators, which have resulted in 0-7 in the playoffs, a ridiculously bad record against the steelers and other top tier teams, horrific prime time performances...

Why would anyone need to wait and see what this joke of a HC can do with a "new level of hiring responsibilites"?

Lose with an even greater amount of the aforementioned numbers?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 08:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: TBH, the only reason I can't completely quit this team are you all. The people I've chatted with on here and the OG board over the past decade+ have been awesome. It's why I think the best I can do is quit actively watching games.

Unless....the entire message board agrees to move to a new team?! YES?!?!?!

I guess we could take a vote...lol.

Hey man, we can always bs with each other on here, but **** this team.

Reply/Quote
As Denny Laine once sang:

Since you gotta go, oh you had better go now!
Go now, go now, go now.
Before you see me cry.
Reply/Quote

Thanks in advance.

I say lets see what happens this off season.  We lost Jones and Sanu and others in 2016 and Whitworth and Zeitler in 2017...Another off season like that and I suggest nobody buy season tickets....I am watching to see what Bengals off season moves are.  I WANT LASOR BACK.  On THAT I am positive.  The Bengals were the worst offense since the 1930's Eagles or something when Lasor took over, and Tony Romo often doing games said he liked what Lasor was doing.  

So Lewis stays....I say keep Lasor....I would LOVE to hear Mike Brown has retired.  He who said, " Why should I pay offensive linemen "....Reverse that and in 2018 have a good offensive line.  It is amazing how fewer injuries you have, how more often the X's and O's playbook works if you have BLOCKING.  The best defense is a good offense and the best offense starts and ends with BLOCKING. 

I don't know why you should stay.  If they get rid of Lasor and continue stupid, stupid, stupid off season moves like last few years, the Bengals who went from 0-2 to 7-7 will go backwards......HOWEVER....If they keep Lasor and get some BLOCKING, look at the new talent on defense that they did hit home runs with in the draft.  You give this Lasor some blocking and watch out.  
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote