Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Someone convince me to stay
(01-02-2018, 11:35 PM)McC Wrote: The wheels fell off Jan. 2016.  Most of us are not too stupid to see it.  But go on being a trolling dyck.

Don't be too hard on the guy. He just loves the taste of Marv and Mike's shit sandwiches. 

[Image: fFYt0yX.gif]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 11:29 PM)Steve Wrote: see ya,,,
the Steelers, rat birds & Browns need more fans....
i'll stay on this Bengals bus till the wheels fall off

That was 2 years ago or Marvin Lewis 13th year.  15 years to the pit of misery we go. Dilly dilly.  Ps quit being such a D bag.  
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 08:46 PM)PhilHos Wrote: That's why I don't know if I can switch teams. I've been a Bengal fan since the early 90s. Never even thought about switching teams. Yet, here I am.

The Eagles are in the playoffs; they have a good, young QB; they're the local team so I can watch their games every week without having to find a good stream on the internet. Yet, I know so much about the Bengals and its history even if it's mostly bad.

I feel so conflicted.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

I’m in the same boat. My folks are originally from Cincy and all my relatives live there. That’s the main reason I’m a bengals fan. Another reason is cuz I hate the bandwagon team fans like the Steelers and Cowboys.

I lived near Philly when I was a kid and actually rooted for the Eagles when they had Randall Cunningham and Reggie White. I even went to an Eagles game at the old Vet. I should have stuck with them. But I jumped on the Cincy bandwagon when we moved and the Bengals drafted Palmer and Chad was lighting it up.

Even now after 15 years I can’t go back. Wouldn’t feel right. Just not watching anymore
Reply/Quote
Hey, remember at the end of the '16 season when the usual suspects talked about how '17 would be different/better?
Hey, remember at the end of the '15 season when the usual suspects talked about how '16 would be different/better?
Hey, remember at the end of the '14 season when the usual suspects talked about how '15 would be different/better?
Hey, remember at the end of the '13 season when the usual suspects talked about how '14 would be different/better?
Hey, remember at the end of the '12 season when the usual suspects talked about how '13 would be different/better?
Hey, remember at the end of the '11 season when the usual suspects talked about how '12 would be different/better?
Hey, remember at the end of the '10 season when the usual suspects talked about how '11 would be different/better?
Hey, remember at the end of the '09 season when the usual suspects talked about how '10 would be different/better?
Hey, remember at the end of the '08 season when the usual suspects talked about how '09 would be different/better?
Hey, remember at the end of the '07 season when the usual suspects talked about how '08 would be different/better?
Hey, remember at the end of the '06 season when the usual suspects talked about how '07 would be different/better?
Hey, remember at the end of the '05 season when the usual suspects talked about how '06 would be different/better?
Hey, remember at the end of the '04 season when the usual suspects talked about how '05 would be different/better?
Hey, remember at the end of the '03 season when the usual suspects talked about how '04 would be different/better?
(i'm tired of typing. add 12 more of those here)

Hey, notice how the Bengals still have as many playoff wins after each of those years as the one before it? No? I didn't think so. Mike Brown loves how you continue to be his lap dog and go running up to him every time he walks in the door. 

Most pathetic and clueless owner in professional sports history, coupled with a coach that can't beat his main rival, win a single playoff game or even 30% of his prime time games, yet here you are, singing about what great, loyal fans you are because you're there ready to lap up the next serving of crap that Mike drops all over the carpet. 

You're not special, loyal, diehard fans. You're not that guy/gal that's going to reap the benefits of your loyalty when the Bengals finally win big. You're lap dogs that don't have the balls, guts or backbone to stand up and say you've had enough of the turd sandwiches you've been served every day for the last 26 years. 

You and this owner deserve each other. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 08:11 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm one of those that said if Merv comes back I'm done with the Bengals. Here's the thing: I never expected him to come back.

Now, I truly don't want to root for the Bengals anymore. But, I've never switched team loyalties before and I don't know if I can do it.

Thus, I leave it to you, my fellow (as of now) Bengals fans, someone convince me to stay a fan. I want to be like Mike: too lazy to make the effort to change.

Thanks in advance.

Obviously you don’t want to go anywhere. So do what you wanna do.... maybe next time don’t make ridiculous threats unless you are ready to follow through.

Who Dey! Glad you are staying. You are a great poster and bleed orange and black like the rest of us.
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy-facebook_s.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]

Are you a CincinnatiCAN

or a CincinnatiCAN'T?
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 08:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Meh, no one needs to convince you to come back, you will; as will everyone else that says/said they are through.

This 1000%! I'm Mike Brown's ass clown, and I take whatever he decides to give me every year. Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 08:11 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm one of those that said if Merv comes back I'm done with the Bengals. Here's the thing: I never expected him to come back.

Now, I truly don't want to root for the Bengals anymore. But, I've never switched team loyalties before and I don't know if I can do it.

Thus, I leave it to you, my fellow (as of now) Bengals fans, someone convince me to stay a fan. I want to be like Mike: too lazy to make the effort to change.

Thanks in advance.

Its character building so stick with it ThumbsUp

Personally once I've chosen a team that's it...I may lose interest or not as follow as much but your team is your team no matter what.

If needs be, take a break from it and come back once we have 'won the draft' by drafting a tall CB from the SEC in Rd 1, a soccer kicker in Rd 2, and an injured Olympic level discus thrower in rd 3....that should re-charge your weary batteries!!
Reply/Quote

Thanks in advance.

I don't know how long you've been a Bengals fan, but if you survived Mike Brown this long then what's another two years.

Sooner or later Mike Brown has to die, whether by natural causes, being run over by his daughter as she backs out of the drive, falling out of his window, sticking his tongue in a light socket or some other fitting accident. Until that day just expect nothing sensible by the team ownership and you'll be fine.

Oh, by the way, don't spend any money on the team at all so that you don't feel ripped off when they go out an take a dump on Sundays.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 08:13 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Please don’t go until the entire new coaching staff is in place.  Let’s see what Marvin’s new level of hiring responsibility produces.

This.  

The only ray of hope I'm holding out is that Marvin has been forced to accept the current coaching staff.  If he (Marvin) truly has any stones and this was the case he only agreed to come back if he could put in place his entire staff, which hopefully means Alexander is 1st on the chopping block.  If Alexander remains with the team I think it speaks volumes regarding the direction of the team and amount of control Marvin has.  The OL has under performed for well over 2 years, a big change is needed and is needed at the top of that position group. 

I'm holding my breath.  If they don't announce Alexanders departure during the press conference it's Groundhog Day folks.
Reply/Quote
Go or stay. You are a grown a$$ man and we are talking about a football team. No one should have to convince you either way. I will stay because I don't identify the Bengals with Marvin Lewis or the Brown family. I Identify the Bengals with Cincinnati. It's the town I grew up in and will always love. I love sports, so I will always root for the hometown team (except Xavier. GO BEARCATS!!!)
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 08:28 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Agreed, but I was asking about coaches that were 'hired' into their positions over the last 15 years. As far as I'm aware, he's been responsible for every single hire.

Not quite sure if it was him or Mike Brown that promoted Zampese.  I tend to think it was Brown.  Marv's coaching hires have been pretty darn good in my opinion.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 10:43 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: This.  

The only ray of hope I'm holding out is that Marvin has been forced to accept the current coaching staff.  If he (Marvin) truly has any stones and this was the case he only agreed to come back if he could put in place his entire staff, which hopefully means Alexander is 1st on the chopping block.  If Alexander remains with the team I think it speaks volumes regarding the direction of the team and amount of control Marvin has.  The OL has under performed for well over 2 years, a big change is needed and is needed at the top of that position group. 

I'm holding my breath.  If they don't announce Alexanders departure during the press conference it's Groundhog Day folks.

It doesn't matter who is on the staff as long as Merv is the head clown.  No matter who the coaches are, Merv will never lose that unique ability of his to blow it on game day.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 08:15 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: The nachos are good. Sometimes.

Whatever those abortions are, they're not nachos ... they're tortilla chips with jalapeños and warm cheese jizz.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 11:01 AM)PV Bengal Wrote: Whatever those abortions are, they're not nachos ... they're tortilla chips with jalapeños and warm cheese jizz.

Yeah you’re right. It was the nostalgia from childhood memories of going to games and getting nachos that was good. There’s no reason to stay, Phil.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 08:17 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: No. Leave. It's honestly a joke at this point. **** this team. **** the owner. Go Reds.

The Reds are as big or bigger joke than the Bengals. I left them years ago.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Honestly at this stage WHY would you all even CARE to "stay" with this team? It's pretty cut and dry for everyone to see how bad this situation is. Even if i lived in Cincy i wouldn't have a problem ignoring this fiasco!
Reply/Quote

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, i getcha and i cannot really convince you cause i am having a hard time myself. I can only hope PA is gone.

If PA is gone i will have somewhat of a thought of optimism cause if we can run the ball it will take Marv's ineptness
somewhat out of the equation. Also, if we add a new DC and LB'er coach our Defense might get much better...
Reply/Quote
All I will say is wait. Coaches are changing, players are going to be cut and FAs are going to be signed. Wait and see how it all shakes out the. Make your decision.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 12:34 AM)Wyche Wrote: Easy there skip....Mike Clown is an OBVIOUS case of incest....and the Browns are from Ohio. Mellow
Gotta ask you this, are you Ernie Brown, aka "The Turtle Man"??  LMAO Loved that show!!   j/k
Reply/Quote