Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something You'll Never See In Cincinnati...EVER!
(02-04-2016, 04:25 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Wouldn't have to replace anybody because Mike Zimmer would be my head coach this offseason. 

So since Mike Zimmer is not available you would not fire Marvin this offseason?

Then you have nothing to complain about.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 04:09 PM)GodFather Wrote: First off your bastardizing a comparison Ive made numerous times on the board. what you SHOULD be saying is...

What if you were holding a stock that was making money the first 11 months of the year but in the 12th month your stocks tanked and all the profit you made in the first 11 months went out the window. You told your financial planner you didn't make money. His response is stick with me we will make money in the end. For 5 straight YEARS the same exact thing happened. Would you stick with the same guy or would you get a new financial planner or would you stick with him because "he's trying"?

and again, like Ive said to you PERSONALLY in another thread after posting this.... if your answer is yes email me and I will try my hardest to make you money in the stock market...

Come on buddy step up your game with me, I know you can do better than this.

None of this makes any sense.  

You can not act like the regular season does not even exist when you have to win in the regular season in order to win in the playoffs.  That is just ignoring reality.

If you think a coach who makes the playoffs is no better than a coach who goes 0-16 then you know nothing about football.

BTW who would you hire right now to replace Marvin?
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 04:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: None of this makes any sense.  

You can not act like the regular season does not even exist when you have to win in the regular season in order to win in the playoffs.  That is just ignoring reality.

If you think a coach who makes the playoffs is no better than a coach who goes 0-16 then you know nothing about football.

BTW who would you hire right now to replace Marvin?

Your right it doesn't make any sense. You have 5 successful regular seasons and 5 straight losses in the first game of the playoffs bringing his total to a historic 0-7. (not the kind of record Bengal fans are looking for) 

So your right ignoring reality, losing year in and out no matter the players or assistant coaches in place. The one constant is Marvin Lewis. Doesn't make sense he's still coaching does it? But then again maybe your just the person Mike Brown is banking on and counting on that being enough because the alternative is the silly thought everyone brings up that we are going back to the 90's Bengals way. Now that is makes absolutely no sense.

Who I pick? Ok if were going to play that game Ill play. I would call Bill Parcells as the owner of the Bengals and convince him to head coach this team and get us over the hump and would give him full control and a huge fat salary.

We would be in a Super bowl in less than 2 years with him.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 04:50 PM)GodFather Wrote: Your right it doesn't make any sense. You have 5 successful regular seasons and 5 straight losses in the first game of the playoffs bringing his total to a historic 0-7. (not the kind of record Bengal fans are looking for) 

So your right ignoring reality, losing year in and out no matter the players or assistant coaches in place. The one constant is Marvin Lewis. Doesn't make sense he's still coaching does it? But then again maybe your just the person Mike Brown is banking on and counting on that being enough because the alternative is the silly thought everyone brings up that we are going back to the 90's Bengals way. Now that is makes absolutely no sense.

Who I pick? Ok if were going to play that game Ill play. I would call Bill Parcells as the owner of the Bengals and convince him to head coach this team and get us over the hump and would give him full control and a huge fat salary.

Have to say, you lost me here... Parcells is almost 75 years old and his last two assignments have not gone very well.
Reply/Quote
Sean Peyton will be out of N.O. by the end of next year I bet... if we go another one and done... bring him in?
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 04:52 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Have to say, you lost me here... Parcells is almost 75 years old and his last two assignments have not gone very well.

He is older I know, but his last assignments as head coach really changed the teams he coached don't you think? The teams he was coaching at the time too were in a bad place which the Bengals are not. In my opinion he knows how to run a team. He turned the Patriots, Jets and Cowboys around. At the time all three were really hurting. His stint in Miami wasn't coaching so I don't count that. 

I do believe he could take the team to the next level that it is currently at, even though in reality it would be brief a tunure for him.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 04:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So since Mike Zimmer is not available you would not fire Marvin this offseason?

Then you have nothing to complain about.

As it sits right now, I would call Sean Mc Dermott after the Super Bowl or Harold Goodwin. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 04:57 PM)GodFather Wrote: He is older I know, but his last assignments as head coach really changed the teams he coached don't you think? The teams he was coaching at the time too were in a bad place which the Bengals are not. In my opinion he knows how to run a team. He turned the Patriots, Jets and Cowboys around. At the time all three were really hurting. His stint in Miami wasn't coaching so I don't count that. 

I do believe he could take the team to the next level that it is currently at, even though in reality it would be brief a tunure for him.

I get what you're saying, but he would not be my choice at all.  I know the chances are slim, but if you make a chance, I think you're hoping for the next Belichick... someone that can be there 10-15 years with sustained success and multiple championships.  I know this is not PC, but I also think a 75 year old has trouble connecting with 23 year old kids right out of college.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 02:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Of course Mike Brown would like to win a Super Bowl. He's found a nice comfortable place with Marvin, in how competitive the Bengals have been making the playoffs 5 in a row and 6 out of 7, but he's not willing to move out of that comfort zone and take a chance, even after 13 years and 0-7 in the playoffs because he believes that if they keep trying their formula--tweaking it a bit here and there--they will eventually hit.

It's a misguided formula, based on how comfortable he is and how close they appear.

Why would you totally scrap a formula that gets you into the playoffs that often? It's not like they totally suck ass. I, like most others, don't think Marv can get us a SB win, but it's also not like we plug another head coach in we're automatically going to get to the SB.  Do you?

Totally discrediting how hard it is to win a - or even get to a SB - really is. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 05:01 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I get what you're saying, but he would not be my choice at all.  I know the chances are slim, but if you make a chance, I think you're hoping for the next Belichick... someone that can be there 10-15 years with sustained success and multiple championships.  I know this is not PC, but I also think a 75 year old has trouble connecting with 23 year old kids right out of college.

I hear you but he is Bill Parcels and has huge respect with that. He wouldn't be just another old man to the players, he is a legend when it comes to coaching. I think were close as a team and he would do what Marvin obviously cant do. don't you think he would get us deep in the playoffs in his first year as head coach? 
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 05:03 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Why would you totally scrap a formula that gets you into the playoffs that often? It's not like they totally suck ass. I, like most others, don't think Marv can get us a SB win, but it's also not like we plug another head coach in we're automatically going to get to the SB.  Do you?

Totally discrediting how hard it is to win a - or even get to a SB - really is. 

Not saying it is easy, but as I eluded to before; NE, Pitt, and Den have made up 15 of the last 20 AFC Super Bowl representatives. It doesn't seem too hard for them. The fact is, there is a winning formula that only a few teams have come upon and can execute with regularity. Not just in the regular season, but the postseason as well. The Bengals need to find the next step.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 05:04 PM)GodFather Wrote: I hear you but he is Bill Parcels and has huge respect with that. He wouldn't be just another old man to the players, he is a legend when it comes to coaching. I think were close as a team and he would do what Marvin obviously cant do. don't you think he would get us deep in the playoffs in his first year as head coach? 

I really have no idea.  He has been gone for quite awhile now, and I seem to remember Dallas not going very well at all??
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 04:50 PM)GodFather Wrote: Who I pick? Ok if were going to play that game Ill play. I would call Bill Parcells as the owner of the Bengals and convince him to head coach this team and get us over the hump and would give him full control and a huge fat salary.

Try something realistic.

Parcells has not coached in a decade.  He has not won a playoff game in 17 years and has only made the playoffs twice during that span.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 04:54 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Sean Peyton will be out of N.O. by the end of next year I bet... if we go another one and done... bring him in?

I'd take Peyton over Marvin.
Reply/Quote
Since 2010, there have been ample opportunities to upgrade the HC position here in Cincy, including some of our very own assistants. I think that's what people mean by "not trying". In all reality, and in most NFL towns, Lewis is shit canned after that dreadful performance.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 05:31 PM)Wyche Wrote: Since 2010, there have been ample opportunities to upgrade the HC position here in Cincy, including some of our very own assistants.  I think that's what people mean by "not trying".  In all reality, and in most NFL towns, Lewis is shit canned after that dreadful performance.

Yes, I agree your argument for firing Marvin might have been legit after the '10 season, but this is not '10.

If we had brought in a new coach for the '11 season and he had the exact same results as Marvin has produced since then many people here would be claiming he was a genius.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 05:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes, I agree your argument for firing Marvin might have been legit after the '10 season, but this is not '10.

If we had brought in a new coach for the '11 season and he had the exact same results as Marvin has produced since then many people here would be claiming he was a genius.

and on the other side of that, if we brought in another coach for the '11 season we could be sitting here now talking about a Super Bowl ring and at the very LEAST a playoff win.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 05:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes, I agree your argument for firing Marvin might have been legit after the '10 season, but this is not '10.

Most likely so.....we had a wholesale coaching change under Marvin this offseason, if things don't improve, and we don't play with more discipline as a result, it's definitely time to get headed, imo.  How many shots, staff changes, and players changes do you get?

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 05:39 PM)Wyche Wrote: Most likely so.....we had a wholesale coaching change under Marvin this offseason, if things don't improve, and we don't play with more discipline as a result, it's definitely time to get headed, imo.  How many shots, staff changes, and players changes do you get?

At least as many as you can cram into the rest of Mike Brown's life. So like another 10-ish years? 15? Unless Marvin Lewis decides to retire before then.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 05:42 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: At least as many as you can cram into the rest of Mike Brown's life. So like another 10-ish years? 15? Unless Marvin Lewis decides to retire before then.

Holy Shit!  I hope you're wrong, very wrong! LMAO

Reply/Quote