Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something You'll Never See In Cincinnati...EVER!
Of course Mike Brown would like to win a Super Bowl. He's found a nice comfortable place with Marvin, in how competitive the Bengals have been making the playoffs 5 in a row and 6 out of 7, but he's not willing to move out of that comfort zone and take a chance, even after 13 years and 0-7 in the playoffs because he believes that if they keep trying their formula--tweaking it a bit here and there--they will eventually hit.

It's a misguided formula, based on how comfortable he is and how close they appear.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 12:54 PM)GodFather Wrote:
Denver lost the first game in the playoffs last year. This year they are in the Super Bowl.
The whole point is the organization just isn't "content" getting there like the Bengals front office.

Theres no arguing it....action not words. The Bengals front office have not done anything to prove otherwise.

Bottom line is Kubiak has gotten just as far as Fox did in the post-season. That's all that matters on the forums right?

Until Kubiak wins he is no better. Then we can talk about if not being "content" pays off.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 02:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Of course Mike Brown would like to win a Super Bowl. He's found a nice comfortable place with Marvin, in how competitive the Bengals have been making the playoffs 5 in a row and 6 out of 7, but he's not willing to move out of that comfort zone and take a chance, even after 13 years and 0-7 in the playoffs because he believes that if they keep trying their formula--tweaking it a bit here and there--they will eventually hit.

It's a misguided formula, based on how comfortable he is and how close they appear.

Bullseye!!!!
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 02:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's a misguided formula, based on how comfortable he is and how close they appear.

You think it is misguided.  Others disagree.

The same people who claim that it is absolutely impossible for Marvin to win in the postseason would have said it was absolutely impossible for him to make the playoffs 5 years in a row.  They don't know the future any more than anyone else.  Their type of "logic" would have also "proven" that it was impossible for John Elway or the Saints to ever win a Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 02:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You think it is misguided.  Others disagree.

The same people who claim that it is absolutely impossible for Marvin to win in the postseason would have said it was absolutely impossible for him to make the playoffs 5 years in a row.  They don't know the future any more than anyone else.  Their type of "logic" would have also "proven" that it was impossible for John Elway or the Saints to ever win a Super Bowl.

I can agree with that. I think it's just fans being tired of not getting anywhere in the playoffs. There's people on these boards that have not been alive when the Bengals won a playoff game (myself included). No one knows if getting rid of Marvin would be an upgrade or set us back. We all have our theories. Change has helped teams, and also destroyed teams.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 01:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just because the Bengals have not done what YOU think they should do does not mean they are not trying or do not want to win.  I have to point this out every time I am accused of "accepting mediocrity".

They want to win.  They just think the best plan is to maintain consistency.  They don't see a coach out there who is a proven upgrade over Marvin.  

Just look at the Eagles.  They fired one of the best coaches in the league who is winning playoff games with his new team while the Eagles are look for a new head coach.  Just because YOU think firing a winning coach is the best plan that does not mean it is true.

I personally believe that Mike Brown would like to win a Super Bowl, but it's not what drives him.  I think he wants to do it his way, that he has 1000% utter confidence in his way of doing things.  Consistency is great, but if you are consistently not hitting your goal then something needs to change.

As others have said, I think Mike Brown is very content.  The family now completely controls the team and the team makes a lot of money, which I believe have always been his number one goals.  I think Katie and Troy will be the ones who are concerned most with trophies and championships.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 02:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Of course Mike Brown would like to win a Super Bowl. He's found a nice comfortable place with Marvin, in how competitive the Bengals have been making the playoffs 5 in a row and 6 out of 7, but he's not willing to move out of that comfort zone and take a chance, even after 13 years and 0-7 in the playoffs because he believes that if they keep trying their formula--tweaking it a bit here and there--they will eventually hit.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLE2MT9ipRxPgOz-NsI7V...II5i5-WIut]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 03:17 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I personally believe that Mike Brown would like to win a Super Bowl, but it's not what drives him.  I think he wants to do it his way, that he has 1000% utter confidence in his way of doing things.  Consistency is great, but if you are consistently not hitting your goal then something needs to change.

As others have said, I think Mike Brown is very content.  The family now completely controls the team and the team makes a lot of money, which I believe have always been his number one goals.  I think Katie and Troy will be the ones who are concerned most with trophies and championships.

This x100. Mike Brown finally has a team that at least wins in the regular season and makes the playoffs. This is the pinnacle of his career as a NFL owner, and he is afraid to take necessary risks to get Them to the Super Bowl. He wants to go out a with some resemblance of success to his peers and not risk losing what he currently has. Making the playoffs is the safe bet and at least he has that. He may want to win a Super Bowl, but he is completely comfortable where this team is under Marvin....no Super Bowl needed. We can only hope Katie sees the folly in this formula.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 01:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: WTF?  This is not true at all.  And it proves how much you lack in the logic department.

It amazes me that some people have egos so large that they think it is absolutely impossible for anyone to disagree with anything they say.  

No, look at your posts littered all over this board. You take opposite views on 99% of the posters original thread trying to justify your posts with illogic. Its amusing actually how predictable you are doing that.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 01:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just because the Bengals have not done what YOU think they should do does not mean they are not trying or do not want to win.  I have to point this out every time I am accused of "accepting mediocrity".

They want to win.  They just think the best plan is to maintain consistency.  They don't see a coach out there who is a proven upgrade over Marvin.  

Just look at the Eagles.  They fired one of the best coaches in the league who is winning playoff games with his new team while the Eagles are look for a new head coach.  Just because YOU think firing a winning coach is the best plan that does not mean it is true.

action not words. 

If someone said to you, "I want to make a lot of money but I don't want to work" Would you defend that person or would you tell him to get his head out of his ass and work for what he wants?

They don't see a proven upgrade? Hard to see a proven upgrade if your not looking! 

0-7 in the playoffs? Yeah the front office is really concerned with winning a Super Bowl. Actions actions actions.  You can say things all you want but in the end its about results. 
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 03:34 PM)GodFather Wrote: No, look at your posts littered all over this board. You take opposite views on 99% of the posters original thread trying to justify your posts with illogic. Its amusing actually how predictable you are doing that.

This is a complete and total lie.

How could I possibly disagree with 99% of the threads when 99% of the threads do not even agree with each other?

Post a link to a thread where I was in favor of firing Marvin or STFU with this BS.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 03:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is a complete and total lie.

How could I possibly disagree with 99% of the threads when 99% of the threads do not even agree with each other?

Post a link to a thread where I was in favor of firing Marvin or STFU with this BS.

how bout you post threads where you agree with people on their original post. Whats wrong hit a nerve with you?
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 03:42 PM)GodFather Wrote: If someone said to you, "I want to make a lot of money but I don't want to work" Would you defend that person or would you tell him to get his head out of his ass and work for what he wants?

The fact that they don't do what you want them to do does not prove they are not trying or working toward winning.

It amazes me that you actually think a team can make the playoffs five straight years without even trying or working at all.  That is absurd.

What if yo0u were holding a stock that was performing well and you project it to continue to improve but someone told you that if you don't sell all of that stock and invets in something else then you "are not even trying"?

The Bengals are trying to win a Super Bowl.  the fact that you do not agree with what they are doing does not mean that they are not even trying.  

I know it may be hard for you to understand, but you are not so 100% perfect that it is impossible for someone to disagree with your plan.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 03:45 PM)GodFather Wrote: how bout you post threads where you agree with people on their original post. Whats wrong hit a nerve with you?

You were the one that made the claim.  It is not my job to prove your point.

And you have nothing at all to back up your claim.  
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 03:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The fact that they don't do what you want them to do does not prove they are not trying or working toward winning.

It amazes me that you actually think a team can make the playoffs five straight years without even trying or working at all.  That is absurd.

What if yo0u were holding a stock that was performing well and you project it to continue to improve but someone told you that if you don't sell all of that stock and invets in something else then you "are not even trying"?

The Bengals are trying to win a Super Bowl.  the fact that you do not agree with what they are doing does not mean that they are not even trying.  

I know it may be hard for you to understand, but you are not so 100% perfect that it is impossible for someone to disagree with your plan.
A stock that performs well gives you a return on investment.....I see no Lombardi Trophies in PBS. Just saying...
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 03:55 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: A stock that performs well gives you a return on investment.....I see no Lombardi Trophies in PBS. Just saying...

Wow, another football expert who can not tell the difference between the Bengals and the Browns chances of winning the next Super Bowl.

Amazing that more guys like this don't have jobs in the NFL.  
Reply/Quote
So, Gamma and Godfather. Who do you want the Bengals to hire as head coach to replace Marvin this offseason.

Please tell me what experts like yourselves would do.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 03:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The fact that they don't do what you want them to do does not prove they are not trying or working toward winning.

First off your bastardizing a comparison Ive made numerous times on the board. what you SHOULD be saying is...

What if you were holding a stock that was making money the first 11 months of the year but in the 12th month your stocks tanked and all the profit you made in the first 11 months went out the window. You told your financial planner you didn't make money. His response is stick with me we will make money in the end. For 5 straight YEARS the same exact thing happened. Would you stick with the same guy or would you get a new financial planner or would you stick with him because "he's trying"?

and again, like Ive said to you PERSONALLY in another thread after posting this.... if your answer is yes email me and I will try my hardest to make you money in the stock market...

Come on buddy step up your game with me, I know you can do better than this.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 04:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wow, another football expert who can not tell the difference between the Bengals and the Browns chances of winning the next Super Bowl.

Amazing that more guys like this don't have jobs in the NFL.  

Technically every team has the same chance of winning the Super Bowl every year. I think you are looking for "probability". 

I've been wondering why I haven't had a job in the NFL for years! Amazing... Right?!
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 04:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So, Gamma and Godfather.  Who do you want the Bengals to hire as head coach to replace Marvin this offseason.

Please tell me what experts like yourselves would do.

Wouldn't have to replace anybody because Mike Zimmer would be my head coach this offseason. 
Reply/Quote