Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sounds like business as usual in free agency
The further we get onto the Taylor "era", the more I believe that he's nothing more than a useful idiot for the do-nothing absentee landlords that own this team.

We were told that they stood pat last season because the new staff combined with the protracted search made it hard to determine what kinds of players they needed to pursue. If that's the case, then this should be the offseason to be more active in building the roster. Realistically, it was probably just an excuse. While the ownership here might not be good at many things, they are never at a loss for creative excuses when it comes to their inaction. They can spin anything to make it sound like all they do is business as usual.

There are only 32 HC jobs in the world. Taylor had a suspect resume at best. His staff is even worse. I don't have any trouble whatsoever believing that Mikey and Co told him what was up before they hired him regarding how they operate. They likely told him to take it or leave it. Embrace the moronic Bengal Way or seek employment elsewhere, all while watching other job openings around the NFL get filled.
Reply/Quote
Just like some others have said. Year by year i am just starting to care a little less. I will always like the Bengals because they were something that my father and I could always talk about when he was alive. Now I find myself turning down free tickets when my family that lives in Cincy offers them. I would have never made it a year without going to at least one game. Now I have not been since Rex Burkheads last game when we beat the Ravens. I found myself going to a cheerleading competition instead of watching a game last year. I just feel like there is no hope of a turn around with this management and when a guy loses hope and can't get excited it is over for him which sucks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2020, 08:59 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Just like some others have said. Year by year i am just starting to care a little less. I will always like the Bengals because they were something that my father and I could always talk about when he was alive. Now I find myself turning down free tickets when my family that lives in Cincy offers them. I would have never made it a year without going to at least one game. Now I have not been since Rex Burkheads last game when we beat the Ravens. I found myself going to a cheerleading competition instead of watching a game last year. I just feel like there is no hope of a turn around with this management and when a guy loses hope and can't get excited it is over for him which sucks.

I get what you're saying.

I was offered tickets by a season ticket holder friend of mine before the season for a low price as usual.

I turned him down and said "Not until I see some improvement from ownership I will not spend a dime." thanks.

As the season unfolded I was offered free tickets by the same friend and again turned him down.

No way I'll drive down to Cincy and spend money for gas, parking, food, and drinks for those "free" tickets.

This is the first season that I have not watched multiple games in real time.

I've got much more useful things to do with my time than to not be entertained.

I'd have a better chance enjoying my Sunday watching a Dane Cook(and I hate that M'fer)comedy than this practice squad filled team.

So yeah.  They hooked me and I stuck around for nostalgia's sake, but my patience is wearing closer to the point of not caring.

I don't personally know anybody affiliated with the Bengals ownership/management, but it really bothers me that they're so damn flippant against the fans.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2020, 12:42 AM)Wyche Wrote: Swiss Alps at trade deadline, prolly Paoli Peaks or Snowshoe during free agency. These effing turds....why do we bother?

This lol

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
This is why we need to trade back
Reply/Quote
I have to think that if Brown ever does sell the team it would be to some Pakistani guy who owns every really crappy convenience store in every food desert in the country..You know the places..they usually have an entire isle filled with some really cheap, off brand panty hose and cheap wigs and the only alcohol they sell are really crappy 40 ouncers and lots of green bologna sandwiches... Sick
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
This is ALL anyone needs to know about this topic.........................................

"If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you always got

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2020, 01:55 AM)grampahol Wrote: I have to think that if Brown ever does sell the team it would be to some Pakistani guy who owns every really crappy convenience store in every food desert in the country..You know the places..they usually have an entire isle filled with some really cheap, off brand panty hose and cheap wigs and the only alcohol they sell are really crappy 40 ouncers and lots of green bologna sandwiches... Sick

hey gramps, I grew up on these. Wink

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2020, 06:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Karl Joseph would be a great grab.

He would, but if I am going to spend on FA, it will be on the offensive line
Reply/Quote
They get paid either way, why work harder?
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2020, 01:55 AM)grampahol Wrote: I have to think that if Brown ever does sell the team it would be to some Pakistani guy who owns every really crappy convenience store in every food desert in the country..You know the places..they usually have an entire isle filled with some really cheap, off brand panty hose and cheap wigs and the only alcohol they sell are really crappy 40 ouncers and lots of green bologna sandwiches... Sick

They have Wild Irish Rose and Mad Dog too...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2020, 03:11 AM)RASCAL Wrote: hey gramps, I threw up on these. Wink

FIFY 
Reply/Quote
If this family had to run a real business without guaranteed profit they would be homeless.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2020, 10:01 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: He would, but if I am going to spend on FA, it will be on the offensive line

Yes, and linebacker. Shawn ain't that bad.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2020, 09:08 PM)michaelsean Wrote: If this family had to run a real business without guaranteed profit they would be homeless.

The Bengals do seem like the welfare queens of the NFL. Actually, we are more like lazy kids who won't move out and get jobs because daddy nfl keeps enabling our lazy lifestyle.  Ahh but we totally want to win and succeed! 

MB is coasting off daddy's success and his inactivity as a GM is like a grown kid sitting on his arse when he should be working any job and applying for better ones.

Ya bum!
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2020, 11:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The Bengals do seem like the welfare queens of the NFL. Actually, we are more like lazy kids who won't move out and get jobs because daddy nfl keeps enabling our lazy lifestyle.  Ahh but we totally want to win and succeed! 

MB is coasting off daddy's success and his inactivity as a GM is like a grown kid sitting on his arse when he should be working any job and applying for better ones.

Ya bum!

They're already cultivating spawns of Katie to hop on the money train.  Woo! Woo!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2020, 10:20 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: They get paid either way, why work harder?
I dunno

Pride in their work.
Decency, sense of duty.
Maybe a shred of f***ing self respect?
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
Reds: "We've signed Mike Moustakas, Wade Miley, and Shogo Akiyama in FA. $100m in financial commitments. Eh, while we're at it... we've also signed Nick Castellanos as well for probably at least another $50m-ish in commitments. Lets win us a damn World Series!"

Bengals: "We've got the 1st overall pick. Lets not leave our comfort zone in FA since we only have $15m there to spend. Getting our 2019 1st rounder back is basically like adding two 1st rounders this offseason. X, Y, and Z all did MMA training this offseason and are looking at making huge improvements after being terrible previously. Model model."

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
This thread is a perfect example of how creepy some fans can get when they make everything personal. The Bengals front office makes some bad decisions, but that does not make them horrible, evil people with no morals or work ethic.

And over the last 15 years they have performed better than a lot of other teams in the league.

About half of the teams in the NFL are losers every year, yet every fan knows exactly what to do to make the playoffs every year. Isn't that amazing?

Some of you need to chill out, put down your victim cards, and stop making it so personal.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2020, 12:01 AM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: This is why we need to trade back

Orange/Black/No Trade Back
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote