Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sounds like business as usual in free agency
(01-29-2020, 04:01 PM)J24 Wrote: 1.) We're not going to sign free agents thats the whole point of this thread.
2.) Joe Burrow does appear to be the guy but we thought the same thing about Carson and look how that turned out. Whoever the future QB is of the Bengals will need help. If you think he is going to turn this thing around by himself then I don't know what to tell you.
I would rather have a very good QB with a great roster than a great QB with a so so roster.

I think in this league if you have a chance to draft a potential superstar QB you have to take that chance.  It could absolutely blow up in your face, but I think it's a chance you have to take.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
While my OP is definitely on the pessimistic side when it comes to them changing up their approach, this statement from Zac about what the 49ers were able to do after coaching in Mobile last year, gives me at least some hope that he recognizes the potential of doing more than just business as usual this offfesason:

“They were able to add some critical pieces during the offseason through the draft and free agency. Their coaching staff had been there for three years and calling the same system. You knew playing them last year that this team was headed in the right direction … This year they kind of flipped the switch there.”
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2020, 05:10 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I think in this league if you have a chance to draft a potential superstar QB you have to take that chance.  It could absolutely blow up in your face, but I think it's a chance you have to take.  

And if you get a Hershel Walker Esq deal you also take it or at least think about it.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2020, 05:58 PM)J24 Wrote: And if you get a Hershel Walker Esq deal you also take it or at least think about it.

That's a lot of contracts to negotiate.  Just a year removed from an exhausting coach search, that's a big ask.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2020, 05:58 PM)J24 Wrote: And if you get a Hershel Walker Esq deal you also take it or at least think about it.

Herschel Walker was an attorney?
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2020, 06:04 PM)michaelsean Wrote: That's a lot of contracts to negotiate.  Just a year removed from an exhausting coach search, that's a big ask.

No doubt.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2020, 06:23 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Herschel Walker was an attorney?

Yeah, he was a partner in a firm with Bill S. Preston.

Reply/Quote